Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. (30791 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb / 10 Tips To Score High In 2018 JAMB UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by mvem(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2018
BarakOkenny:
Scholarships that are in most cases politically inclined?
...no, these are private not government....i know many that got it simply by writing there exams...only FG scholarships get k-leg
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by mvem(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2018
jeffrizzy1:
Most of these scholarships are so corrupt that You must pay before you get them.#GiveNTake
...not for the private one(like shell,mtn,addax,agbami) they re transparent, what do they need ur money for......you might meant FG scholarships

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by eterisan(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2018
ProsperMVE:
PTDF AND NNPC SCHOLARSHIP IS THE MOST SCAM I'VE EVER SEEN
nah u wrong ptdf pays... Beneficiary here
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by eldav(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2018
It seems these scholarships are aimed at particular courses. Does anyone know if Estate management is included?
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2018
eterisan:
nah u wrong ptdf pays... Beneficiary here
It pays but its too biased
I was once a participant, the teachers that lead us to the center, GOVERNORS COLLEGE KANO said the winner for that year is zoned to a particular school he mentioned, ( he and his teacher friend were among the delegates to monitor the screening of candidates, ) he told me plainly not to border if I lost coz he knows the first , second ,and third.

Everything happened the way he said
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Xsem(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2018
scholarsarena:

It's not true sir. I thought so too when I was in 100 level in 2012 not until I won 5 of those awards myself without knowing anyone or paying a dime!

Infact, apart from free Application, some oil and gas scholarships pay you transport money for coming to write the exam alone.
That way, you won't spend a dime in the process except your time and attention.
Chevron and agbami, for instance, pay transport money to those who take their scholarship exams every year, whether or not they win the award.

Let's be properly guided please.
There are some states or locality that are easily awarded this scholarships. They are mostly those from oil producing states e. g someone from Lagos, imo, ibom, delta, Bayelsa can easily be awarded any oil related scholarship. Other privates like mtn, Jim, etc might not be so. So op where are you from pleas??
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Moses247(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2018
scholarsarena:
A scholarship is a grant or money given to students as support in footing their school bills.

In Nigeria, there are numerous scholarship opportunities available for undergraduate and postgraduate students alike.

These offers are mostly sponsored by top oil and gas coys, multi-national companies, governments and private philanthropic foundations.

As someone who has benefitted from many of these opportunities while in school, I have taken time to compile a list of top 20 scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students in 2018 with details of each scholarship. Good luck to every applicant.

In no particular order, see the list below:

1. Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Scholarship.

The Nigerian LNG company awards scholarships to suitable and deserving students in different Nigerian universities every year. This scholarship is arguably the highest scholarship in Nigeria worth-based!

Level: 100 level

Worth: N300,000 every year till graduation.

2. Agbami Scholarship:

The Agbami scholarship is sponsored by chevron and its Agbami partners. This scholarship is for medical and engineering students in various universities.

Level: 100 and 200L.

Worth: N200,000 and N100,000 for medical students and engineering students respectively.

3. PTDF Scholarships Programme (Nigeria and Oversea)
The Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources offers the "PTDF Scholarship Scheme" to suitably qualified Nigerian Undergraduates, Masters and PhD students.

The worth of this scholarship is 150,000 plus a brand new laptop.

4. Federal Government Scholarship:

The Federal Government through the Ministry of Education offers Nigerian Scholarship Awards Tenable in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions to Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE students of Nigerian origin.

Worth: N150,000 for University students and N100,000 for NCE students.

5. MTN Scholarship:

As part of their corporate social responsibility, the telecom giant, MTN, awards numerous scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students studying certain science and technology courses in different parts of the country.

Worth: N200,000 every year till graduation. Level: 200L.

6. Nnpc/chevron Scholarship:

Chevron in collaboration with the Nigerian national petroleum company, awards hundreds of national scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students every year.

The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria only and is valid for 4 years subject to good academic performance.

Worth: N100,000 every year till graduation. Level: 200L.

7. Nnpc/Total E & P Scholarship:

Total oil and gas company partners with the Nnpc to award numerous merit scholarships to Nigerian students in different universities in Nigeria. The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria only.

Worth: N150,000 every year till graduation.

Level: 100 and 200 levels.

8. Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship:

The philanthropic founder of Zenith Bank plc, Chief Jim Ovia, through his foundation, awards hundreds of scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students from different parts of the country.

Chief Jim Ovia has invested well over 150,000,000 in this scheme in over 10 years. He is a very patriotic Nigerian who gives awards devoid of tribal sentiments.

Worth: N150, 000 every year till graduation. Level: all levels.

9. Nnpc/Addax Scholarship:

The Nnpc through its joint venture with addax petroleum awards a number of meritorious scholarships to qualified and deserving Nigerian undergraduate students every year.

Worth: N100,000 every year till graduation. Level: 100L.

10. Exxon Mobil Scholarship:

The Exxon mobil petroleum company in fulfillment of its corporate social responsibility awards hundreds of scholarships to undergraduates of Nigerian origin. The award is only tenable in Nigeria.

Worth: N75,000 every year till graduation.

Level: 100 and 200 levels.

11. Shell (SPDC) Scholarship:

The Shell petroleum development company in partnership with the Nigerian national petroleum company awards national scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students every year. The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria only.

Worth: N100,000 every year till graduation. Level: 100L

12. Nnpc/Seplat JV Scholarship:

Seplat Petroleum Company in collaboration with the Nigerian national petroleum company awards national scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students every year.

The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria; it is valid for 4 years and subject to good academic performance.

Worth: N150,000 every year till graduation.

Level: 200 level and above.

13. Nnpc/Snepco Scholarship:

Every year, the Nnpc through its joint venture with snepco petroleum awards a number of meritorious scholarships to qualified and deserving Nigerian undergraduate students every year.

Worth: N150,000 every year till graduation. Level: 200L

14. The Hillcity Foundation Scholarship:

The scholarship is a vision found and funded by some young, talented and selfless Nigerians under the aegis of the Hillcity Foundation. The founders aim at impacting the lives of brilliant but indigent Nigerian students positively.

Worth: N50,000 every year till graduation. Level: All levels

15. Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship:

The late legal Icon often called “senior advocate of the masses” has a scholarship instituted in his honour and memory. Every year, the Gani fawehinmi scholarship board awards meritorious scholarships to Nigerian students from different parts of the country.

Worth: N100,000 Levels: all levels.

16. Nnpc/Agip National Scholarship:

The Agip petroleum company in partnership with the Nigerian national petroleum company awards national scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate students every year. The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria only.

WORTH: N100,000 every year till graduation. LEVEL: 100L.

17. Nigerian Women in Georgia Scholarship:

This scheme was instituted and funded by an association of Nigerian women residing in Georgia, United state of America.

It is meant to support and encourage girl child education in Nigeria.

Level: all levels

Worth: N50,000

18. David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship:

David Oyedepo is the founding pastor of Living faith church worldwide. He also has a foundation that sponsors hundreds of scholarship awards every year. The scheme is meant to foster academic excellence among young Nigerians.

Level: all levels.

Worth: N150,000.

19. ABC TRANSPORT COMPANY SCHOLARSHIP:

ABC is a foremost Nigerian transport company that has routes and operations in different parts of the country.

The company awards scholarships annually to hundreds of Nigerian students in tertiary institutions.

Level: 100 & 200 levels.

Worth: N100,000 every year till final year.

20. BATN / BATIA Scholarship Awards Scheme

The BATN / BATIA Scholarship Scheme is one of BATN/BATIA Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.

This Scheme, established in 2004, was initially meant to encourage the higher educational ambitions of children of BATIA’s registered tobacco farmers. In 2005, however, the scope was expanded to include ALL eligible students from across the country.

Level: all levels

Worth: N100,000

https://www.scholarsarena.net/top-20-scholarships-for-nigerian-students-in-2018/

Oga d scholarship when I de On na almost 900k annually oo that ur number 1 de learn oo.minus School fees o
Based on Niger Delta Things sha not for everybody.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by IamProdigy: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
scholarsarena:

It's not true sir. I thought so too when I was in 100 level in 2012 not until I won 5 of those awards myself without knowing anyone or paying a dime!

Infact, apart from free Application, some oil and gas scholarships pay you transport money for coming to write the exam alone.
That way, you won't spend a dime in the process except your time and attention.
Chevron and agbami, for instance, pay transport money to those who take their scholarship exams every year, whether or not they win the award.

Let's be properly guided please.

bro....does ur page cover foreign scholarships...too for degree and masters?

men...How did u get 5.... shocked..
when scholastica dy
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by SoldierBoy1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
For David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) scholarship, there are also opportunities that cover 100% of school fees throughout a student's entire study period in Landmark and Covenant Universities.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Criticize001(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
ProsperMVE:
PTDF AND NNPC SCHOLARSHIP IS THE MOST SCAM I'VE EVER SEEN

Please share your experience
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
Criticize001:

Please share your experience
Already posted here
Scroll up
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Nelsizzy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
BarakOkenny:
Scholarships that are in most cases politically inclined?
No, i am on two of those listed scholarships and I know nobody.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Nelsizzy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
Moses247:

Oga d scholarship when I de On na 840k annually oo that number 1 de learn oo. Based on Niger delta things sha not for everybody.
shocked shocked shocked. Show me the way bro
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Mznaett: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2018
Talk2Bella:
grin grin grin mostly for science students

And Uni students
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Villager780: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sunnycliff:
One day I will set up a national scholarship scheme that will be funded from my farm proceeds, integrity farms Nigeria, especially for students in Agriculture and Biological sciences.

This is the debt I owe my fellow Nigerian Citizens
u will achieve that,amen. also an agriculture student

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by UTEWUOJO: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
I REGISTERED FOR TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP SINCE LAST YEAR, TILL DATE I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM. #POLITICS
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Fabuloski(m): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
huh
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by scholarsarena: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
IamProdigy:

bro....does ur page cover foreign scholarships...too for degree and masters?

men...How did u get 5.... shocked..
when scholastica dy
Hello bro, yes we provide updates for foreign scholarships both for undergraduates and post graduates.

don't mind scholastica ooh, God pass them, lol. Actually, there is a sure way to bye-pass their scrutiny.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
Moses247:

Oga d scholarship when I de On na 840k annually oo that ur number 1 de learn oo.minus School fees o
Based on Niger Delta Things sha not for everybody.
Which one is that?.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Josonas: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
Swaggzkid:
Op add link to their sites na.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Josonas: 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
scholarsarena:

Hello bro, yes we provide updates for foreign scholarships both for undergraduates and post graduates.

don't mind scholastica ooh, God pass them, lol. Actually, there is a sure way to bye-pass their scrutiny.
how?
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Josonas: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
For David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) scholarship, there are also opportunities that cover 100% of school fees throughout a student's entire study period in Landmark and Covenant Universities.
send link...
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Josonas: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by IamShiningStar(f): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
OK
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
Josonas:
thank you.
you're welcome.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Josonas: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
www.davidoyedepofoundation.org
Application closed since 29th Dec.
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by SoldierBoy1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
Josonas:
Application closed since 29th Dec.
didn't know, sorry Bro
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by successking401(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
scholarsarena:

Application time differs sir.
This is January and we expect that applications for this year's awards will resume this month

Keep in touch with this website for regular timely updates
www.scholarsarena.net

You can also sign up for our newsletter
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
kimbraa:
Which one is that?.
amnesty scholarship
Re: Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. by Moses247(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
kimbraa:
Which one is that?.
Never mind. not all this one's u guys apply online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tragedy Averted As A Spinning Ceiling Fan Falls In Unilag Hostel / The University Of Calabar In Pictures / Port Harcourt Law School Nears Completion: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.