Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) (33391 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive Ghana For World Qualifier Play Offs Against Ghana (Photos) / Michael Essien’s Gay Rights Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media / Akosua Puni, Michael Essien’s Wife Packs Out Over Affair With Princess Shyngle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by guru90: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
that status seems like they are cursing Essien...... hmm mm mm...

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Afritop(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
undecided Do you mean Statue of Michael Ogun
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by mariamadenle(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nobody can tell this artist that Black start don't wear blue
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
A policeman stopped a motorist and his friend on the road and after checking his car papers and driver’s license which were intact, the following conversation ensued…
POLICEMAN: If you start feeling sick on the steering, who would drive this car home?
MOTORIST: I don’t intend to fall sick officer, but thank God I have my friend here. if I fall sick, he will drive me home.
POLICEMAN: (turns to his friend) Where is your driver’s license?
FRIEND: I don’t have one.
POLICEMAN: You are under arrest for intent to drive without a license!
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by lndigene(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
VACANCY
A fast growing medium scale enterprise urgently require the service of an individual to fill the following position
Position - Operating Assistant
Location - D/Line, Port Harcourt
Qualification - Minimum of OND
Required Capacity - Computer, Capacity to work alone, Local market procurement skill, Office Administration, Travelling, Record keeping and cooking skill
Salary - Negotiable.
Kindly send CV to city2citybuzz@gmail.com
Mobile no - 08081164967 (sms only pls)
Interview will be conducted on the Saturday 20th January 2018.
Time :12noon.
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by makydebbie(f): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
I shame for my people no be small. grin

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Paulagada: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ghana is still learning from Okorocha.
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Omeokachie: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
They should have contracted this to Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
Okat. smiley
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by speaktome(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
Imo State has transfered moulding to Ghana...

#MySignatureMyBusiness
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by dview001(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
Essien is an efik name.... I'm confuse
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
Essien sef go vex if him see this statue looking like aljanuh. they for tell Rochas make him do am for them na
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Comrade1410: 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Michael is truly a footballer in Africa, n wch he deserved d honor, 4 d legacy's n impacts he had added 2 Ghana football organization.
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Henrhyme4u(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Is it in IMO state?
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
That C.Ronaldo statue make am look like 'chuckie' grin
Make them go learn from Okorocha the Picasso of our time.

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by ariklawani(f): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
Eyah, not a good reward for passion.
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dey should consult Rochas for best statues

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Johnnyoungster(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
Rochas stature #issagoal
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by chuckjonesautos: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
Rochas will knack you a better statue guy.

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Mryacks: 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
PreciousJuice:
cheesy... slide tackle cheesy

Lmao...
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
hahahahahaha......laugh wan kill me die.
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Nathanieloo7(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
Is essein not ugly?
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by zolajpower: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

These Ghana Artisans are very wicked ohh. They even gave him a Wanshee Rice stomach,complete with a bikini size playing shorts.

grin don't blame the artsist, equipment and tools to producing such image was not enough . so improvision was d next step. After all who wan pay for the sculpture ?

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by ibro360(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Okorocha you are needed here
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by bunmi1759(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Something they would have contacted Rich as okorocha for......the master in statues.....e pain me oooooo
Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by mikron(m): 2:55am On Jan 06, 2018
only in ghana cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Hidentity(m): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
uzoclinton:
... Some people are not fit to call themselves sculptors ooo....

My honest opinion. The sculptor should be tracked down, caught and forced to apologise to Michael Essien, that's after reimbursing the money he collected to commit the atrocity..

Lol. You cracked me up

1 Like

Re: Michael Essien Honoured With Bizarre Statue In Ghana (Photos) by Shhhh01(f): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mandynews:
Michael Essien's statue causes stir on Social Media

An image of Ghana’s midfield maestro, Michael Essien’s statue, has generated lots of talk on social media after pictures of it were compared to those of international footballers, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Diego Maradona

The art has been in existence for some years now on the Boadi Road in Kumasi but the artisan is unknown.

Essien commenced his football career with Ghana Premier League side Liberty Professionals before moving to Europe, where he played for top sides like Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Milan winning lots of club cum individual accolades along.

Essien was part of the squad that qualified Ghana to its first ever World Cup in 2006 and helped the team reach the finals of the 2010 AFCON.

The midfield maestro who currently plies his trade with Indonesian topflight side Persib Bandung has witnessed his outputs appreciated in his homeland, with a statue erected in his honor.

Describing the sculpture, an international online portal said the statue “looks completely unnatural for a footballer to be in this position with his legs crossed and the ball at his feet.

“When you come onto his huge torso and a slight bit of belly bulging his shirt at the waist line.”
Finally, the metallic creation’s depiction of Essien’s face is a thing of pure beauty. The artwork is clearly skillful but the likeness to the real thing is very questionable.”, the description read.

Check out comments below.

Via http://mandynews.com/2018/01/04/chelsea-legend-michael-essien-honoured-with-bizarre-statue-in-ghana-photos/
really bizzare and ugly. Ghana pipuuuu, copyinh nigeria since BC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup / Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.