Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians (33402 Views)

Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by obembet(f): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2019
Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori says he made the decision to commit his international future to England because it’s difficult to say no to the Three Lions when they come calling.

Despite representing Canada and later England at different youth level , the 21 year old was eligible for Nigeria and was even contacted by the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr over the possibility of switching allegiance to Nigeria and in his response according to Rohr he asked for more time.

Tomori was thorn between playing for Nigeria, Canada or England but decided on England after he was called up by coach Gareth Southgate for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic and Bulgaria respectively.

Explaining his decision to accept the call up, Tomori said he was disappointed not to have been called up by any of the country during the last international break and this time around only England gave him a call up.

He said he spoke with his family and they all agreed on his choice of representing England insisting that he did consider playing for Nigeria where his father hails from.

‘The last international break I didn’t get a call-up from anyone. This international break, I was waiting for a call up and England called me up”, Tomori said.

‘It wasn’t England all the way. I had certain people and certain things that I had to consider.

‘I spoke to my family and people that I care about it and that’s the decision I came to.

‘When England came calling, it was difficult to say no.’

Source: https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/08/hard-to-turn-down-england-fikayo-tomori-tells-nigerians/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by chiefolododo(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2019
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by donstan18: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2019
I don't care about the country he chose to play for, he should just keep doing well in Chelsea for me.

His stunning strike against Wolves will forever be remembered by Chelsea fans all over the world.

179 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by superlanny(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
It will also be hard to seat down on the bench, don't worry, you think this white guys love you, na that abraham I pity pass, no worry, everything go soon clear for all to see.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by TUANKU(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2019
This one won't even get 6 England caps. Bang average.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Tolexander: 10:06am On Oct 08, 2019
TUANKU:
This one won't even get 6 England caps. Bang average.
Are you God?

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by TUANKU(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolexander:
Are you God?
Yes, i am God. Satisfied?

55 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by nzeobi(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2019
I do not blame him, with England he has a chance of playing in the semi finals of the world Cup and other major tournaments and clubs will be giving him big salary like other average English players like welbeck, rashford, lingard and walcot.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Tolexander: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
TUANKU:

I actually overrated you, you're actually lower than a goat. Not minding your arrogance i will still help you by admitting you for beta testing of my software meant for people with extremely low IQ's and those with slow brain development.
no creativity at all
I was expecting something new

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by MountainView: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
Okay, what impact has he made so far?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Nigeriadondie: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
wink
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by NLSavage: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
what's going on here

3 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by lexyman(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
this boy should stop this cry , we 've heard grin

4 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Eaglemuna(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
Who even care self...get out!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by christm386: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
yeah, not impossible though, i don't blame u sha, all this people saying u should come and play for 9ja, na them still talk say if they get change comot for 9ja, them no go ever ever come back to this fucking country again, enjoy ur life bro, and do what u want, no be say 9ja football association dey take care of their players, mtchwwww

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by PureGoldh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
Cool....I wish him all the best of luck.

Meanwhile.. He should call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6 771 if he needs Pure Original HOney

4 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by ednut1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
While at derby he was the best player. No nigerian remembered him. You can't reap where you no sow.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by one1prax(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
abeg abeg carry lone talk comot for here

get your blog or website for 12k only, see my signature for contatc
Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by olisaEze(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
So two people just decided to take over this sports thread by cussing out their ancestral generations because of matter way no concern them, na wah for Nigerians o! World pipo nor get chillz again? cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by fixedhollies(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
See how these kids spoiled front page

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by danielzoro: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
This fight they make sense die LMAO��

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by William5432: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
And it will be bitter to spend your National Team Career admiring the filed from the bench.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by AK481(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
nzeobi:
I do not blame him, with England he has a chance of playing in the semi finals of the world Cup and other major tournaments and clubs will be giving him big salary like other average English players like welbeck, rashford, lingard and walcot.

On the bench shey?

2 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by Royalfurnitures: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
Follow your heart my guy, it's your career and future

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

2 Likes

Re: Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians by iReddington: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
Homeboy doesn't owe anyone any explanations, his life, his decision.
grin just see as those two up there derailed the thread, do you guys need a chess clock? Who's next?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Tb Joshua I Love You" - Screamed Ogenyi Onazi / Christian Chukwu: After God, It’s Otedola In My Life / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.