Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Tax Holiday, Incentives And Subsidy Are All Birds Of The Same Feather - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Holiday, Incentives And Subsidy Are All Birds Of The Same Feather (327 Views)

LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives / Photo Of Tinubu Cozying Up With Ex-Con James Ibori - Birds Of The Same Feather? / FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tax Holiday, Incentives And Subsidy Are All Birds Of The Same Feather by PStacks(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2018
Nigerians suffered fuel scarcity cos importers wanted to enjoy tax holiday.

Going by a vanguard report I read on nairaland written by a certain Michael Eboh It has come to fore why Nigerians suffered fuel scarcity for over a period of 3 weeks or there about spanning all through the festivities of Christmas and early New years.
The report suggested that the meeting held at the office of the minister of state for petroleum Ibe Kachukwu was for a fact finding mission to determine and ascertain the remote causes of the scarcity and profer solutions why it should never re-occur.
The report indicated that no party was interested in increasing pump price of PMS but the importers of the product sort some sort of Tax holidays from the Federal government.
To me, Tax holidays and incentives sounds alike and synonymous with Subsidy.

Importers, marketers and government should decide on what price should be and not have a member in the chain of this oil business arm-twist or sabotage efforts for continuous supply of products to end users without having them suffer interruptions.
At this rate I suspect something is amis and something is fishy, apparently it seems #145 per liter can no longer hold and this position cant be related to the public, if not, why asking for incentives to do your work? Why ask for tax holiday?

Nigerians should really be asking questions.

source: https://www.omascope.com/politics/nigerians-suffered-fuel-scarcity-all-cos-a-group-wanted-tax-holidays

Re: Tax Holiday, Incentives And Subsidy Are All Birds Of The Same Feather by LionDeLeo: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2018
"Nigerians should really be asking questions"

No, they won't, all they do is to blame Buhari, and that is what thieves now use to exploit the masses.
Re: Tax Holiday, Incentives And Subsidy Are All Birds Of The Same Feather by PStacks(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
LionDeLeo:
"Nigerians should really be asking questions"

No, they won't, all they do is to blame Buhari, and that is what thieves now use to exploit the masses.

because I am thinking asking for a tax holiday is asking f9r subsidy..

oil business is indeed very oily

(1) (Reply)

How Much Tax Should FG Put Into Petrol? / Lets Restructure Now By Fidel Albert / A Rejoinder:Timeline On Marauding Herdsmen Attack On Benue. My Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.