Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,245 members, 7,953,925 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why We Must Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Must Pay Tithe (401 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Pay Tithe by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
Tithing is not a church doctrine but a revelation of God's way. Jesus speaking in Mark 4:11 said, "Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables." It's not given to everyone to know the mystery on which the kingdom of God operate but to the children of the kingdom. It's only given to the children of the kingdom.

Is the secrets of the kingdom of God given to us for fun? No. Deuteronomy 29:29 says, "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." Immediately a secret from God is revealed, it ceases to belong to God. It becomes ours and our children for ever not for sometime. That we may do it. Not that we may know it. Acquired knowledge not applied is equivalent to knowledge still hidden.

The first man to Tithe.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 14:18-20.

Abram was the first man to give tithe. This man Abram who later became Abraham through compliance with the revealed instructions of God as can be seen in Genesis 17:7- 13, was an addict doer of the word of God not a hearer (Genesis 12:1 -4, Genesis 17:7 -23, Genesis 22:1 -12). Tithing wasn't something Abraham thought of, it was a revelation from God that is the reason he made sure he passed it on to his children (Genesis 28:22).

Who pays tithe?

Tithe is paid by children of God to God. The man who pays tithe is the man who acknowledges the hand of God in his success. God said of Abraham, For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring up on Abraham that which he hath spoken of him Genesis 18:19.. The way of God are the instructions or commands of God[b] (Psalm 25:9, Psalm 103:7, Jeremiah 5:4 -5)[/b]. The secrets of God are for the sons of the kingdom as stated by Jesus in Mark 4:11.

Tithe is for the children of God to their God not for strangers.

Who receive your Tithe?

This has been a subject of discussion for sometime now. Many believe it's their pastor that receives their tithe but in Genesis 14:18 -20, Abram paid Tithe to Melchizedek king of Salem. Not Melchizedek but Melchizedek king of Salem ( which mean Melchizedek king of righteousness). He was sure of the office of the one to whom he gave tithe. The powers a man weld are associated to the office to which he occupies. And in Hebrew 7:4 -8 (NASB) it says, "Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils. 7 But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater. 8 In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on."

In that case, the one who received the tithe is witnessed that he lives on. That means Melchizedek isn't dead. If He isn't dead, where is he now? He's in heaven as Jesus.

When you go to bank to make deposit, you don't make give your money to the cashier but to the bank through the cashier. That's the reason you can withdraw your money at any other branch. You open account with God at salvation while you make deposit at anytime of your choice.

For it is attested of Him,
"YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER
ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK."
Hebrew 7:17 (NASB)

You don't pay your tithe to your pastor or your church. You pay it to God through the high priest Jesus, of whom it's recorded that he is alive. If you don't pay your tithe as a christian, you don't believe Jesus is alive and is your high priest. Look at what Melchizedek brought to Abraham, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine."

This bread and wine signify the communion, "And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."

Luke 22:17-20.
Abraham partook of the communion by God's design. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58 (KJV)

We're speaking kingdom mysteries here not that which the wisdom of men teaches (For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God) -1 Corinthians 1:18.

What is tithe?

Tithe is known to be a tenth of God's blessings. But beyond that, it's the appreciation of God partnership with us His children. And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14:20. The Priest acknowledged the partnership of God in the victory gained by Abraham. Abraham gave to the Lord through his priest as appreciation for the victory God gave him. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. - Deuteronomy 8:18. When you don't remember God in victory, you claim it's your power that gave it to you. This is pride and God is at war with the proud to bring them down. That wouldn't be you in Jesus name.

Because God is in partnership with you to make you a blessing, He said in Malachi 3:8, "... ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." As a partner, when you hold back the portion of your partner, it's robbery. Unless God is not your partner should you not give him tithe.

Someone asked do the rich gives tithe? If they're children of God they do. If they're not, they do too but to their god. Every man has what he worships.

The blessings of Tithe.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:10-12.

Tithe makes you a blessing. "And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" Genesis 14:22-23. Abraham was too sure of the blessings attached to Tithing that he rejected all the loot of the war. Beyond making you a blessing, it make you uncurseable and a partaker of the inheritance of God (After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. Genesis 15:1)

You can't become a partner without making investment. Tithe is financial investment with God.

Tithe is your financial investment in the kingdom of God. It's your appreciation of the finger of God in your affairs. God said, it's Holy to Him. When you give your tithe to a beggar or any other man, your partnering with that man for financial blessings. Your partaking of the inheritance of that man.

Don't ever in your life give God's portion to a man. It's a big curse. Only God receives offering, men receive gift from men. Any portion of your increase you call tithe cease be yours. It's better you don't call it tithe than to do and not give it to God. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. 6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands. Ecclesiastics 5:5-6.

From your 90% after you have given 10% of your increase to God, you can give to anyone you wish. Your tithe is to be paid to your spiritual father. The one that feed you with the word of God.

Remain blessed as you listen to God's instruction
Re: Why We Must Pay Tithe by bakry86: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
ok
Re: Why We Must Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:44am On Jan 10, 2018
soulpeppersoup:
Tithing is not a church doctrine but a revelation of God's way. Jesus speaking in Mark 4:11 said, "Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables." It's not given to everyone to know the mystery on which the kingdom of God operate but to the children of the kingdom. It's only given to the children of the kingdom.

Is the secrets of the kingdom of God given to us for fun? No. Deuteronomy 29:29 says, "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." Immediately a secret from God is revealed, it ceases to belong to God. It becomes ours and our children for ever not for sometime. That we may do it. Not that we may know it. Acquired knowledge not applied is equivalent to knowledge still hidden.

The first man to Tithe.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 14:18-20.

Abram was the first man to give tithe. This man Abram who later became Abraham through compliance with the revealed instructions of God as can be seen in Genesis 17:7- 13, was an addict doer of the word of God not a hearer (Genesis 12:1 -4, Genesis 17:7 -23, Genesis 22:1 -12). Tithing wasn't something Abraham thought of, it was a revelation from God that is the reason he made sure he passed it on to his children (Genesis 28:22).

Who pays tithe?

Tithe is paid by children of God to God. The man who pays tithe is the man who acknowledges the hand of God in his success. God said of Abraham, For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring up on Abraham that which he hath spoken of him Genesis 18:19.. The way of God are the instructions or commands of God[b] (Psalm 25:9, Psalm 103:7, Jeremiah 5:4 -5)[/b]. The secrets of God are for the sons of the kingdom as stated by Jesus in Mark 4:11.

Tithe is for the children of God to their God not for strangers.

Who receive your Tithe?

This has been a subject of discussion for sometime now. Many believe it's their pastor that receives their tithe but in Genesis 14:18 -20, Abram paid Tithe to Melchizedek king of Salem. Not Melchizedek but Melchizedek king of Salem ( which mean Melchizedek king of righteousness). He was sure of the office of the one to whom he gave tithe. The powers a man weld are associated to the office to which he occupies. And in Hebrew 7:4 -8 (NASB) it says, "Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils. 7 But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater. 8 In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on."

In that case, the one who received the tithe is witnessed that he lives on. That means Melchizedek isn't dead. If He isn't dead, where is he now? He's in heaven as Jesus.

When you go to bank to make deposit, you don't make give your money to the cashier but to the bank through the cashier. That's the reason you can withdraw your money at any other branch. You open account with God at salvation while you make deposit at anytime of your choice.

For it is attested of Him,
"YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER
ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK."
Hebrew 7:17 (NASB)

You don't pay your tithe to your pastor or your church. You pay it to God through the high priest Jesus, of whom it's recorded that he is alive. If you don't pay your tithe as a christian, you don't believe Jesus is alive and is your high priest. Look at what Melchizedek brought to Abraham, "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine."

This bread and wine signify the communion, "And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."

Luke 22:17-20.
Abraham partook of the communion by God's design. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58 (KJV)

We're speaking kingdom mysteries here not that which the wisdom of men teaches (For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God) -1 Corinthians 1:18.

What is tithe?

Tithe is known to be a tenth of God's blessings. But beyond that, it's the appreciation of God partnership with us His children. And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14:20. The Priest acknowledged the partnership of God in the victory gained by Abraham. Abraham gave to the Lord through his priest as appreciation for the victory God gave him. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. - Deuteronomy 8:18. When you don't remember God in victory, you claim it's your power that gave it to you. This is pride and God is at war with the proud to bring them down. That wouldn't be you in Jesus name.

Because God is in partnership with you to make you a blessing, He said in Malachi 3:8, "... ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." As a partner, when you hold back the portion of your partner, it's robbery. Unless God is not your partner should you not give him tithe.

Someone asked do the rich gives tithe? If they're children of God they do. If they're not, they do too but to their god. Every man has what he worships.

The blessings of Tithe.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:10-12.

Tithe makes you a blessing. "And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:" Genesis 14:22-23. Abraham was too sure of the blessings attached to Tithing that he rejected all the loot of the war. Beyond making you a blessing, it make you uncurseable and a partaker of the inheritance of God (After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. Genesis 15:1)

You can't become a partner without making investment. Tithe is financial investment with God.

Tithe is your financial investment in the kingdom of God. It's your appreciation of the finger of God in your affairs. God said, it's Holy to Him. When you give your tithe to a beggar or any other man, your partnering with that man for financial blessings. Your partaking of the inheritance of that man.

Don't ever in your life give God's portion to a man. It's a big curse. Only God receives offering, men receive gift from men. Any portion of your increase you call tithe cease be yours. It's better you don't call it tithe than to do and not give it to God. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. 6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands. Ecclesiastics 5:5-6.

From your 90% after you have given 10% of your increase to God, you can give to anyone you wish. Your tithe is to be paid to your spiritual father. The one that feed you with the word of God.

Remain blessed as you listen to God's instruction

How did God instruct tithes to be paid...and how are you doing it?

(1) (Reply)

Buying In Installments With A Raised Price : Shaykh Al-albanee Author:imaam Muha / Text From Book Of Mark Found In Ancient Mask May Be Oldest Copy Of The Gospel / * Catch Them Young *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.