Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks (21397 Views)

The Worrisome Trend Of Sensational Social Media Journalism About Nigerian Banks / Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Xisnin(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
rhames:

Thanks for calling me an illiterate but tell me one policy under this CBN governor that has been friendly?

Loans to farmers are still at double digit?

The interest rate has not dropped since he came into the CBN as governor?

CBN exists to make friendly policies for individuals or groups, their primary mandate
is to stabilise the economy and promote macro-economic development through regulations.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by rhames(m): 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Xisnin:

CBN exists to make friendly policies for individuals or groups, their primary mandate
is to stabilise the economy and promote macro-economic development through regulations.

When was the last time you used CBN or FGN loan and how much interest did you pay and what percentage did you part with?

Talking of stabilisation, it took the Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and the National Economic Council to put his job on the line by asking him to pump more dollars and foreign currencies into the economy or get sacked. That was how the the dollar stabilised snce February 2016. Did he need the the National Economic Council to teach him his job? Lets be reasonable.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Kylekent59: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
That was how first bank blocked my account.

I got stranded. I tried all my possible best but they kept on telling me dis, dat, that the problem had been rectified. But to withdraw na wahala.

I got tired and I let them have the money.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Enemyofpeace: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
No wonder lala has been begging me for money since the last two months
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Skeelzknl: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
WE HAVE LOTS OF CRYPTO grin
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
� *XS0*: *Private Jet With Wizkid And Tiwa Savage On Board Robbed While Taxiing On Lagos Airport’s Runway*

A private jet carrying two top Nigerian musical artists, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun aka “Wizkid” and Tiwa Savage from Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom state was attacked and robbed last night while taxiing on Lagos airport’s runway 18L.

The Bombardier Challenger 605 jet with registration number T7-A00 arrived Lagos from Uyo about 8:33 pm and was slowly taxiing to the arrival hangar when the cargo compartment was burgled.

The jet slowed to allow an Ethiopian Airline cargo plane with registration number ET-ARH to push back for take off. The pilot, Captain Cloud Cote noticed the cargo door had been opened by burglars and promptly notified Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) security, but the burglars had disappeared before FAAN officials could make it to the point where the attack took place.

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/0AoAkgAA

*To follow Nigeria News on Duta:*
*Add to your group: +14422649255*

Type �XS0 to like this
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Xisnin(m): 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
rhames:

When was the last time you used CBN or FGN loan and how much interest did you pay and what percentage did you part with?

Talking of stabilisation, it took the Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and the National Economic Council to put his job on the line by asking him to pump more dollars and foreign currencies into the economy or get sacked. That was how the the dollar stabilised snce February 2016. Did he need the the National Economic Council to teach him his job? Lets be reasonable.

Xisnin:

CBN exists not to make friendly policies for individuals or groups, their primary mandate

Reread my modified reply. BTW, do not confuse the FG with CBN they are not the same.
In sane clime, the Central Bank is independent of central governments political pressure.
I guess you were at the meeting where the threat of sacking was made.

You are among those who think you must personally benefit from a ministry or they are
incompetent, a wrong thinking which originates from ignorance.

CBN is not a commercial bank that exists to give you loan or benefits.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by chukzyfcbb: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2018
Skeelzknl:
WE HAVE LOTS OF CRYPTO grin
have you ever thought of how you would withdraw say 10btc without the banks raising their head.
Your one or two years sweat in trading can be seized by these guys, saying you are a Gee boy
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by rhames(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
Xisnin:

Reread my modified reply. BTW, do not confuse the FG with CBN they are not the same.
In sane clime, the Central Bank is independent of central governments political pressure.
I guess you were at the meeting where the threat of sacking was made.

You are among those who think you must personally benefit from a ministry or they are
incompetent, a wrong thinking which originates from ignorance.

CBN is not a commercial bank that exists to give you loan or benefits.

What is the duty of the CBN if it does not make friendly policies for individuals and groups? How does it stabilise the economy or manage it when one of these is disconnected from its policy making? When you say groups, it includes the government, industry, individuals who make up the larger beneficiary of its policy making and destruction?

Even if I was or not at the meeting, on how many occasions have you heard anywhere in the world that a government folds it arms and let its economy spiral downwards in the name of CBN policy making? Name one occasion please?

CBN Act provides that the CBN Governor develop, continue or improve on the policies of the past governor where the economy stands to benefits individuals, groups,industries or government. It also provides that the CBN disburses these funds through commercial banks and development finance institutions such as Bank Of Industry, Bank Of Agriculture, Nigerian Import Export Bank etc.

When the United Kingdom announced it was leaving the EU, the European Central Bank and European Commission immediately put strong long and short term policies in place policies in place to stabilise the Euro. It immediately went into negotiation with the United Kingdom to negotiate the exit which the latter agreed to EU policies for it to be gradual. It worked and stabilised the rest of the EU and other currencies in the world which were dependent on the Euro zone economies, especially the Eastern Eurpean economies.

I dont benefit from any ministry or government agency and I have been an enterpreneur in furniture,food processing and restaurant and hotel business where we feel the policies of the CBN first hand before other parts of the economy. I am a Chartered Accountant with seventeen years post qualification experience and a MBA. So when you categorise every other person as an illiterate or a hungry government cum political jobber on Nairaland, I am not one of them.

Get your facts straight before coming on stream.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Jhymrod(f): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2018
Diction10nairal:
Lawd Let me be FTC

Let me goan put all my money inside koloo ( ask a Yoruba person)
Your money is safe with me Molegbe�
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Diction10nairal: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2018
Jhymrod:
Your money is safe with me Molegbe�
Hehehehehehe
Jhymu Jhymu, I know I can trust you
Where should I bring it?
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Jhymrod(f): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
Diction10nairal:
Hehehehehehe Jhymu Jhymu, I know I can trust you Where should I bring it?
Gadabuke
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Diction10nairal: 6:22am On Jan 08, 2018
Jhymrod:
Gadabuke
Sorry Please, What is gadabuke?
Is that a kind of fruit or what?
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Jhymrod(f): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
Diction10nairal:

Sorry Please, What is gadabuke?
Is that a kind of fruit or what?
Your village na......Don't tell me you didn't remember that.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by Diction10nairal: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2018
Jhymrod:
Your village na......Don't tell me you didn't remember that.
Oh wow!!! It's a place.
Surprise, surprise.
But how would you know it's a place if it's not YOUR own VILLAGE/BUSH
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by U1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
Received a mail from Stanbic with regard to this last year.

This is no good news to the common man. In fact, it's sad for such, even those who have clean hands. All laws in this country have the masses as target, not the rich and powerful.

With all measures they have taken before now, how many fraudulent people at the top have they caught? These people continue to have a field day.

The system in this country is a fraud! It is hard to trust anything that relates to the government, and not just the current one.
Re: How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks by incomeboostng: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2018
hmmmm... noted shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today / Timeline Of Dangote Refinery Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.