Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,728 members, 7,959,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (34349 Views)

BREAKING!!! EFCC: Jubilations In Aba,kano,abuja, Umuahia As Kalu Records Victory / Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode / Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Annie939(f): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2018
how? when? i guess before 2019
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by verygudbadguy(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2018
sarrki:

Baba don't let us politicized everything

We have waterways in the south

We also have proximity to the sea and oceans in the south

Funny enough. The country is divided 6 geopolitical zones. People only see us as North and South. What happens to North Central where we have Yoruba and Igbo minority in Kwara, Kogi and Benue respectively. 2 is OK for the South, 2 also for Core North and 2 for North Central. At the end of the day, we have more advantage here in the South than they have over in the North.

We should be grateful to God because we are far ahead of the North. We can only help them up now.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by omoelerin1: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Ceenelly:
None for South South
Some people think every project executed by FG must be distributed across every part of the country, even if such project is not feasible or have any economic importance in some parts.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by captleonerd(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
uglyafonja:

What is a port doing in Ibadan

Aba has an international market BUT Ibadan has none....

People from all over west Africa comes to Aba to buy goods.....but who goes to Ibadan to buy anytin...

How many importers or exporters are in Ibadan

Aba export their product across Nigeria and west Africa..... but what do Ibadan export
what's the IGR of oyo compared to that of aba? Oyo is more industrialised than Abia

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nice. smiley
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by docadams: 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
writeprof:

I say it that the Northern Governors are more interested in the welfare of their people than the Southern governors esp SE & SS. The seaports in PH, Warri, Calabar etc should be taken as priority and made to work.

We have rebranded rogues without soul as leaders here in SS..
Warri has a seaport right in my backyard. Very minimal economi ic activity goes o there The lazy fools we have as ladiears are not doing anything to make it fully functional. Its just wasting away.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by docadams: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
kenonze:

Love reading ur comments

I rarely check on fellow NL profile. Some invisible force push me to check yours. What I saw Hmmmmm make me fit die for you. Compliments of. the season
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by linearity: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
igbodefender:
Solid achievement by Buhari 2019.

Lalasticlala see this Frontpage material.

Happy New Year, Blue3k Nairaland's current economist of the year.

Sarrki

Nonsense achievement, Yar’ Adua buit the Kaduna dry port, Buhari renovated it and he is shining and saying he built it.

Plus, the port is useless, how are goods going to get there for people to cleared? There should have been a high speed train carriage tracks between Lagos and Kaduna for that port to have meaning.

Just like the port was useless and no one remembered it after Yar’ Adua built, so it will return after these picture taking events.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by princeadams11: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
DieBuhari:
The animal is already looking for someone to blame as usual.

This time......Customs!

When will he ever accept responsibility, roll up his sleeves and make things work?

What an abysmal mistake of a so called leader
You are blind and can never see anything good. I pity your soul
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by samfuntua: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
Funtua dry port yet to kick-off, 3 years after
The much anticipated inland container depot in Funtua, Katsina State, otherwise known as Funtua Dry Port, has failed to commence business activities three years since its commissioning.
The project was flagged off on August 18, 2014 and expected to be completed and put to use within 30 months, precisely February 2017. However, nine months after the expected date of completion and usage, the project is yet to takeoff, despite enjoying one of the advantages lacking in the other six newly established dry ports - Funtua town is already connected to railway tracks. Rail connectivity is one of the promises made by government for all the ports.

The history of the port dates back to 2003 when then governor of the state, Umaru Yar’adua, now late, conceived the idea and began its processes. The real turning point, however, was in 2014 when the then federal government approved six of such ports, among which is the Funtua Dry Port.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/funtua-dry-port-yet-to-kick-off-3-years-after.html
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Kingspin(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Can one imagine Nigeria without serial killers?
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by uglyafonja: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
captleonerd:
what's the IGR of oyo compared to that of aba? Oyo is more industrialised than Abia

Any govt can generate any amount of IGR...

IGR is just an ability of the govt to tax people higher or lower...

What you check is the living standard of the people of each state...

We all know that Ibadan harbours the most poorest people in Nigeria
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Duru009(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
marvin902:

they actually stated that they wont start any new project till the old ones are complete

Atleast GEJ administration deserves some respect and commendation
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by totit: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
uglyafonja:

You this uglyboy you still managed to carry your stupidity into 2018 grin

I am sure if you are ask to provide backing to the nonesense Aba stats you pull up there now you will start running around.

Looll cheesy

I just pity you look at your age instead of you to focus on your dry cleaning job you are here wasting your time away.

Sham

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by uba1991: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
Daviddson:
Politics of who you know. Kaduna has been enjoying some very good things since Buhari came on board. I know the plan to build these dry ports predated this administration, but why should Kaduna's be the first to be completed? Why not Funtua or Ibadan or Aba? Why should the Kaduna railway also be the first to be completed if not because of Elrufai's closeness to Buhari. I know Amaechi is in charge, but these observations shouldn't be discarded just like that. I mean no harm.
tel us why Kaduna shouldn't b d first. Pls give us reason
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Demmzy15(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
Esseite:
If only the North could dredge lake chad deeper... am sure buhari would have loved to drain the atlantic ocean into it.. grin grin

Same wih the unending exploration of crudeoil in the North.

Atleast lets count something for buhari..
Mumu grin
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ceenelly:
None for South South
Really, do we really need dry port in South South?
They should bring back our Dead Seaport to live. Watin we wan use dry port do.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
docadams:

I rarely check on fellow NL profile. Some invisible force push me to check yours. What I saw Hmmmmm make me fit die for you. Compliments of. the season

Lol.
Wishing you same
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Minemrys: 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
olowoba:
Jos is in the middle belt.
is Portharcourt not in the South south?
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by FriendNG: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
omoelerin1:
Where is funtua? Is it not in Kaduna State?

No it is in katsina state.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by captleonerd(m): 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
uglyafonja:

lol very funny. the southwest has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. osun state has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria so according to your point of view osun state is better than ogun, anambra, Enugu, rivers, abuja, delta, cross river, etc.

you are deluded grin

www.nairaland.com/2418994/ranking-nigerian-states-poverty-rates

BTW Oyo state has higher IGR then abia because Oyo is more industrialised than abia and so if abia gets a dry port then Oyo state should get one too. note that the type of industries we are talking about are not those 2x2 pirated CD shops, okrika shops and the shoe maker shops like the type ismo my tenant is running in one of the shops in front of my house grin
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Kenthomas911: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
We are into clearing and forwarding, maritime consultancy services, logistics and warehousing, at Bliss Business Link Ltd. Our office is located at 25 Cardoso street, Kirikiri town. Or reach us on 08167109969, 0708 679 2277 for prompt delivery and advisory services on shipping, and customs clearance of containerized, and non containerized consignment. Or email: blackisbeawty@gmail.com. posted by Bishop Kenneth Imionikhe.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by KingRagnar: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Government at work, PMB at work, Nigeria shall move forward.
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by StillX10(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
One eastern state, one western state, one middle belt state and THREE northern states

If you know you know
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Johnbayo1717(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
You wont see Wailers say anything about this...��keep up the good job Buhari...Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023
Re: Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri by Belluchii: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is a good development, great minds create positive initiative. PMB has proven himself worthy, and yet some wailers feel he has not done anything for the country, well, there you go!
The PMB Administration is truly an action government to the extend the ports to these said places is the best thing that can happen to this country, especially Aba this will even create room for business extended to other countries and exports.
Good job Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu / Ganduje Appoints Three Special Assistants On Streetlights (photos) / Reno Swims In Tobago’s Spiritual Healing Hole In Tobago That Cures Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.