Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel (32588 Views)

How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready / 6 Things That Make You A Bad Driver / How Will I Know If I Am Banned(us) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Opinionated: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
You definitely want to book or stay in a very decent hotel despite the amount you pay. However, there are circumstances whereby what you see online is completely different from what is on ground at the hotel. So, how do you know you are lodging in a bad hotel? Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency highlights signs that you are in a bad hotel.

Poor customer service

The way you are treated by the customer service gives you a deep insight into how well the hotel is managed. This said, there are certain hotels whose customer service is mediocre as they offer terrible customer service to their guests.

Faulty door knobs and loose cabinet hinges

This may be minor but they actually reveal the state of disrepair of the hotel. This will make you question the level of security of the hotel especially when you are travelling with kids or minors.

Bugs in the room

Personal hygiene is non-negotiable for every hotel. But because the cleaning is hurriedly and haphazardly done, your room bed may be infested with bugs from which you can contract disease (s).

Foul smell fills the air

If you are welcomed by an unidentifiable smell in your room, you are definitely in a bad hotel. This can be frustrating especially if the hotel takes forever to fix or do something about the smell.

Lack of electricity

A hotel is expected to provide 24 hours electricity as this is one of the ways to attract customers. This is not the case in some hotels as it could take them hours to restore power after public electricity is interrupted.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/know-bad-hotel/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by taylor88(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
My problem is just the cabinet

I love it silent

Everyone mustn't know when am mounting

Before they'll get erected and come to peep

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by EbukaHades10(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bad food,rude Housekeepers,no internet access. The list is endless

12 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
Isn't this like 90% of Nigerian hotels?

26 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Desyner: 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
They are targetted at tanglers. . . .adults who want to tangle and fight nakéd.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by ebenzy88: 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nice smiley
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
And when things start going missing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by lilfreezy: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
when you are furking and the bed spring is alerting others your activity grin

8 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Respect55(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
How is this suppose to be of help

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Fesomu(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
They only have gold circle

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
especially this hotel wey they for my area, if customer no reach 3or4 they won't on the generator at night

23 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by BodmaxGift: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hotels in Nigeria are motels in Ghana!

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by soberdrunk(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
The "Number 1" sign that you are in a bad hotel is when you get to the reception and they ask you "Short time or lodging"? angry

85 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
smiley
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by obajoey(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
no, in Africa, America precisely.
DisGuy:
Is it this like 90% of Nigerian hotels?
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by crazygod(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
Only one channel on their t.v. To make matters worse, its only Indian channel. angry

13 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Chanchit: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
There's nothing like bad hotel. The hotel room you get depends on how much you are willing to pay, why won't bed bug bug you if you pay 750/night.

15 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Mutuwa(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Paramount of all is how fortified the security is.I value security anywhere I find myself lodging.It doesn't just stop at the gate personnel.It includes the types of doors,strength of window bars,and feasible escape routes Incase of an impending attack.

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Queenext: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
When one of the staff brings water in a bucket to the room at intervals

6 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by dabeto: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
First is hotel that ration their power supply even when customers are in.
Check the airconditioner and remote
Check the intercom
Check the toilet for leakage and if it's flushing
Check the water heater
Check the lighting
Check the fan if it's squeaking i.e if there's any
Check the TV if it has more channels that can be regulated by you
Check the sockets
Check the duvet
Confirm payment method
Confirm security
If all these are in order, then what is left is service and staff attitude

9 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by ikorodureporta: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mutuwa:
Paramount of all is how fortified the security is.

so eko hotel is now a bad hotel, as dem beat 2kay there?

4 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by ikorodureporta: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
taylor88:

I love it silent

who get time to peep, when cctv grin dey see u live

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
So i came in here expecting to see stuffs like no water heater, or just 3 TV stations or non-issuance of receipts, buh alas! The stuffs the Op listed are a noo noo, even if thats the only hotel in the town I'm visiting, I'd rather sleep in a church.
Foul air and faulty knobs are the first things I look out for, it gives me an idea that the beddings wouldn't be regularly washed and the the meals wouldn't be hygienic.
As for electricity, except you're visiting a high end hotel, many hotels put on the gen from 4/6 pm

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by abiambo(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
what is dis 1 saying
taylor88:

I love it silent

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
taylor88:

I love it silent

Dude you're trying too hard, not everyone has to go the troll way.
Anyone who routinely uses hotels know that its near impossible for anyone to peep into your room, even if you're on ground floor. You're prolly referring to brothels and motels that you visit.
Next time make the distinction clear.

10 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by sleekyjay(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by lipstick2(f): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
DisGuy:
Is it this like 90% of Nigerian hotels?

Which kind grammar be dis na?

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by yanshDoctor: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
if not 24 hours light. don't lodge
Re: How To Know If You Are In A Bad Hotel by toprealman: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
OP mention one Nigerian outfit with good customer service. You must have copied this from a foreign website. Your typical "good" Nigerian hotel is guilty of ALL the listed "crimes".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romania / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / COVID-19: Domestic Flights Won’t Resume On June 21 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.