Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. (333 Views)

15 Demonic Names Parents Should Stop Calling Their Children. / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by Greenbullet(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bride price is a test given to the husband so as to see his capability, but some parents especially in the EAST ,see it as a poverty alleviation scheme, let me tell you a short story.
My friend married from a Yoruba Family and guess what, the father -in-law told the boy not to pay a dime for bride price, The cost of the wedding was shared between my friend and the father, right now my friend is in England with his wife, the money he intended to use for the bride price is what he used to process their travelling documents, I am the one in charge of building his house, at roofing stage and has purchased land for a shopping mall (new), if the father was greedy like some people, the husbands life wouldn't have taken this turn !
Lalasticlala
Seun
Tosyne2much
Dominique
Aminat505
Aireomon
Mukina2
Smellymouth
Royalroy
Oa4mj
Vickiz
Iamj
Jamariwolf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by Jaykolo10(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by ClitoPen: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
You against the world

(1) (Reply)

Managing Kids Who Don’t Like Eating / The Best Of Interlocking Stones In Nigeria / Some Parents Belongs To Jail For What Their Children’s Becomes In The Society To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.