Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Jose Mourinho Responds To Conte Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Responds To Conte Comments (374 Views)

Breaking Jose Mourinho “appointed” As Super Eagles Head Coach / People's Comments About Ighalo's Unfaithfulness To His Wife Left Me In Shock / I Don't Have Rift With Mikel, We Relate Well - Onazi Responds To Rumours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Responds To Conte Comments by jerupil: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2018
Jose Mourinho has responded to Antonio Conte's criticism by claiming his words were misinterpreted.
Conte suggested that the Manchester United manager had forgotten some of his own past behaviour when it was put to him that Mourinho had suggested that he behaved like a clown on the touchline.
But the Portuguese coach insists he was only referring to himself when discussing the fact that he has toned down his antics on the sidelines.
"I don't blame him," said Mourinho after Manchester United's 2-0 FA Cup third round win over Derby at Old Trafford on Friday.
"Honestly, I don't blame him. The question that comes to him comes to him wrong and because of that he has that out-of-control reaction. But I don't blame him at all.... <<< read more >>> @ www.galatixnews.com
Re: Jose Mourinho Responds To Conte Comments by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2018
Antonio Conte: Jose
Mourinho forgot his past in
'touchline clown' commen'

LONDON -- Antonio Conte has hit back at Jose Mourinho's criticism of managers who are like "a clown on the touchline," suggesting that the Manchester United boss
has forgotten the way he had behaved.

Mourinho's comment -- which came in response to a suggestion that he does not show enough passion -- was widely interpreted as a barb at more demonstrative
coaches such as Conte and Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp, both of whom have clashed
with him before.

Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Conte responded by alluding to Mourinho's
history, which includes charging down the touchline in 2004 to celebrate a Porto equaliser at Manchester United in the
Champions League.

"I think that he has to see himself in the past
-- maybe he was speaking about himself in
the past," Conte said.
"Maybe sometimes I think that someone
forgets what they said in the past, his behaviour. Sometimes I think there is, I don't know the name, demenza senile[senile dementia], when you are a bit ... when you forget what you do in
the past." Though Conte lapsed into Italian to explain
the phrase he wanted to use, Chelsea
insisted later that he meant to say
"amnesia."
"For the other situation [with Mourinho] I
repeat: There is a person who continues to
look here. He went away but continues to
look here."

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Women Watch A Football Game For First Time / Match Of The Day Pre Analysis Liverpool Vs M. City By Elvis Odu / Ronaldo Can’t Dump Madrid, Says Zidane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.