Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Don’t Be Sin Conscious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Be Sin Conscious (1226 Views)

5 Things You Should Be Conscious Of In 2023 / It May Not Be Sin....but .... / "For He Hath Made Him To Be Sin For Us,......" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Gombs(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2018
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

As a child of God, you shouldn’t be on the look out for your sins. In other words, don’t be conscious of sin. Our opening text says if we walk in the light (the Word) as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus automatically cleanses us from all sin. If this is true (and it is), then you don’t have to be confessing your sins all the time. If, for example, you do something wrong, just say, “Lord, I’m sorry for what I did; I receive forgiveness in Jesus’ Name” and that’s it. You might ask, “Is it that simple?” Yes, it is.

God didn’t tell you to ask Him for forgiveness. When you ask God to forgive you, it’s like asking Him to save you. If you do ask Him for forgiveness, when will you know He has answered? In the same way, if you’re asking God to save your soul, how will you know He has saved you? You’ll never know because there’s nothing for Him to do about saving you that He hasn’t already done.

Therefore, what you have to do is receive salvation; you don’t ask for it. It’s the same thing with forgiveness; you receive forgiveness; you don’t ask for it, because the blood of Jesus Christ was shed for the remission of your sins. Some Christians are always asking God for forgiveness, and because they’re asking for something that’s been provided for them, they don’t apply faith. You’re to receive forgiveness as an act of your faith. Afterwards, don’t go back again to receive forgiveness for the same offence, even when Satan brings it to your consciousness.

You’ve already been washed and purged of your sins. Colossians 1:21-22 says, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.” This happened before you ever did anything right or wrong. Therefore, refuse to be sin-conscious. You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; be righteousness-conscious.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to die and shed His blood for the remission of my sins; I’m cleansed and purified. I walk in the finished works of Christ. Therefore, there’s no condemnation for me. I’m justified, free from the accusation of the evil one, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by HeyCorleone(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
So I can commit murder or some other crime or sin and not move a muscle because Christ died for me?
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
Gombs:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

As a child of God, you shouldn’t be on the look out for your sins. In other words, don’t be conscious of sin. Our opening text says if we walk in the light (the Word) as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus automatically cleanses us from all sin. If this is true (and it is), then you don’t have to be confessing your sins all the time. If, for example, you do something wrong, just say, “Lord, I’m sorry for what I did; I receive forgiveness in Jesus’ Name” and that’s it. You might ask, “Is it that simple?” Yes, it is.

God didn’t tell you to ask Him for forgiveness. When you ask God to forgive you, it’s like asking Him to save you. If you do ask Him for forgiveness, when will you know He has answered? In the same way, if you’re asking God to save your soul, how will you know He has saved you? You’ll never know because there’s nothing for Him to do about saving you that He hasn’t already done.

Therefore, what you have to do is receive salvation; you don’t ask for it. It’s the same thing with forgiveness; you receive forgiveness; you don’t ask for it, because the blood of Jesus Christ was shed for the remission of your sins. Some Christians are always asking God for forgiveness, and because they’re asking for something that’s been provided for them, they don’t apply faith. You’re to receive forgiveness as an act of your faith. Afterwards, don’t go back again to receive forgiveness for the same offence, even when Satan brings it to your consciousness.

You’ve already been washed and purged of your sins. Colossians 1:21-22 says, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.” This happened before you ever did anything right or wrong. Therefore, refuse to be sin-conscious. You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; be righteousness-conscious.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to die and shed His blood for the remission of my sins; I’m cleansed and purified. I walk in the finished works of Christ. Therefore, there’s no condemnation for me. I’m justified, free from the accusation of the evil one, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

ehn;!!! you don't ask SALVATION
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Gombs(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:
So I can commit murder or some other crime or sin and not move a muscle because Christ died for me?

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I wish I can explain to you these things... It's the immatured in Christ (babes, nepios, toodlers ) that deliberately sin...and even when you do, the blood of Jesus speaks mercy. Read the opening verse again.

1John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Gombs(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

ehn;!!! you don't ask SALVATION

Did you ask God to send Jesus to die for you? undecided
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by HeyCorleone(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
Gombs:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I wish I can explain to you these things... It's the immatured in Christ (babes, nepios, toodlers ) that deliberately sin...and even when you do, the blood of Jesus speaks mercy. Read the opening verse again.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

That is why so many born again girls sin like crazy.

Sister Mary on Sunday, but another character during the week. They sin on a regular because they believe in your sort of teaching.
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Gombs:

Did you ask God to send Jesus to die for you? undecided
lolz then the whole world will be saved
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by TomHagen: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
This is Christ Embassy teaching for you.
You can sin as much as you want as still pretend you are going to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Gombs(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:

That is why so many born again girls sin like crazy.

Sister Mary on Sunday, but another character during the week. They sin on a regular because they believe in your sort of teaching.

What's your own sort of teaching?

See how you ignored verses before you
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by M0ron: 5:30am On May 21, 2018
Gombs:

Could you please explain what exactly you mean by ‘deliberately sin’?

It seems like the latest excuse for Christians living in sin is categorizing their sins into either deliberate and not deliberate sin.

So what makes a sin deliberate while to my mind all sins are deliberate?

[/quote]
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Gombs(m): 10:17am On May 21, 2018
M0ron:

Could you please explain what exactly you mean by ‘deliberately sin’?

It seems like the latest excuse for Christians living in sin is categorizing their sins into either deliberate and not deliberate sin.

So what makes a sin deliberate while to my mind all sins are deliberate?

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

simple.
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by M0ron: 10:41am On May 21, 2018
Gombs:

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

simple.
And that’s what I’m asking. What is a ‘practice of sinning’?

Give an example
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Image123(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2018
There has to be repentance whether you are conscious or unconscious. Children of God don't commit sin.
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by Marchman: 2:28pm On May 21, 2018
M0ron:

And that’s what I’m asking. What is a ‘practice of sinning’?

Give an example
Pastor Chris, according to his ex-wife, had long time term inappropriate relationship with several women. In other words, he was fucking them. That adulterous relationship that went on for many years. If that is not the practice of sinning, I wonder what is. Yet pastor Chris is not a nepious but a man of God. A very dangerous message.
Re: Don’t Be Sin Conscious by M0ron: 3:12pm On May 21, 2018
Marchman:

Pastor Chris, according to his ex-wife, had long time term inappropriate relationship with several women. In other words, he was fucking them. The adulterous relationship that went by for many years. If that is not the practice of sinning, I wonder what is. Yet pastor Chris is not a nepious but a man of God. A very dangerous message.
This is antinomianism taught by heretics such as Joseph Prince.

Nowhere are we given a distinction between ‘deliberate sinning’ and ‘in-deliberate sinning’ or ocassional sinning. Sin is simply sin,and each and every sin we commit is intentional and very much deliberate. The only ‘not-deliberate sinning I can imagine of is sinning in ignorance. For instance, someone who has never heard of the gifts of the Spirit mistaking speaking in tongues for demon possession and proceeding to cast the ‘demons’ out etc. So I want to see the type of sins Gombs imagines God overlooks and the others He doesn’t.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria Has Highest Church Attendance World Over" / The Real Source Of Corona Virus Is Not China Or USA, But This! / Drinking Alcohol Isn't A Sin — Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.