Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,967 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. (3174 Views)

Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka / Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup / If Don't Want Ambode Because He Has Failed, Why Do You Want Buhari Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by omonnakoda: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

Incompetent by whose standards, yours? The one you replaced him with how has he fared, how competent has he turned out to be? What does this say about your perceptive and discerning competence as a voter seeing that you replaced whips with scorpions?

GEJ margin of loss in the SW was a negligible 500k spread across 5 or six states, it was not any swing, the election was a clear case of majority win, GEJ had 12m and Buhari had 15m with Kano alone giving 1m. That number will never go down! But this is a discussion for another day.

GEJ played politics of SW exclusion powered by Igbo arrogance and naivete, this is why he lost the election, not forgetting the influence of external powers who wanted him out in furtherance of their agenda over Nigeria.

There is no opposition power that can defeat an incumbent president in Nigeria, lai lai, but GEJ lost, it was the external factor not the internal one I assure you.
If I say a person is competent by whose standards would I be talking, Mr Ibu's? Guy try use your brain name.
Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by omonnakoda: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

Incompetent by whose standards, yours? The one you replaced him with how has he fared, how competent has he turned out to be? What does this say about your perceptive and discerning competence as a voter seeing that you replaced whips with scorpions?

GEJ margin of loss in the SW was a negligible 500k spread across 5 or six states, it was not any swing, the election was a clear case of majority win, GEJ had 12m and Buhari had 15m with Kano alone giving 1m. That number will never go down! But this is a discussion for another day.

GEJ played politics of SW exclusion powered by Igbo arrogance and naivete, this is why he lost the election, not forgetting the influence of external powers who wanted him out in furtherance of their agenda over Nigeria.

There is no opposition power that can defeat an incumbent president in Nigeria, lai lai, but GEJ lost, it was the external factor not the internal one I assure you.
It was not a swing?
Losing by 500000 in 2015 from winning by millions in 2011 was not a swing?
Please tell us what is a swing .
Even Ribadu did better than Buhari in the SW in 2011 if that is not a swing what is?
I think you have a comprehension challenge
GEJ lost the election for several reasons. Some known to the public and others not so.The reality is so many forces and circumstances all coincided against him including his own political inexperience and powerful external players but that is just My view
To say he lost it for one reason an insist that is the only reason is simplistic and naive if I am to be polite.
Anyhow you are entitled to your opinion which I have no interest. In changing. Please leave me with mine which you cannot change. I find your certainty pompous, overbearing and amusing.
Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by MrPresident1: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
omonnakoda:

It was not a swing?
Losing by 500000 in 2015 to winning by millions in 2011 was not a swing?
Please tell us what is a swing .
Even Ribadu did better than Buhari in the SW in 2011 if that is not a swing what is?
I think you have a comprehension challenge

Me I need to understand what you mean by swing o, GEJ had 12m, PMB had 15m with Kano, Jigawa contributing 1m votes each, and you are talking about swing? 500,000 votes divided by 6 is 83,000, and you are talking about swing, lol. Buhari won by simple majority. Both he and GEJ won the election by constitutional requirements.

You southern oversabi people better start strategising how to dilute the Northern vote, otherwise, the South should be ready to be slaves to the North for a long time to come. 2m votes from Kano and Jigawa alone, lol.
Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by omonnakoda: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

Me I need to understand what you mean by swing o, GEJ had 12m, PMB had 15m with Kano, Jigawa contributing 1m votes each, and you are talking about swing? 500,000 votes divided by 6 is 83,000, and you are talking about swing, lol. Buhari won by simple majority. Both he and GEJ won the election by constitutional requirements.

You southern oversabi people better start strategising how to dilute the Northern vote, otherwise, the South should be ready to be slaves to the North for a long time to come. 2m votes from Kano and Jigawa alone, lol.
If you don't understand ask instead of ranting.
I am talking about the performance of both candidates in 2015 compared to 2011
in 2011 GEJ won 5 states in SW and Buhari won Zero
in 2015 Buhari won 5 and GEJ won one.
That is a monumental swing

Without the SW Buhari could not make the constitutional requirements
That is the point because he had no foothold in the south unlike GEJ who did in the north
Spread is the most important thing
Buhari all along had no support in the south and again without at least one southern zone he cannot win
Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by MrPresident1: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
omonnakoda:

If you don't understand ask instead of ranting.
I am talking about the performance of both candidates in 2015 compared to 2011
in 2011 GEJ won 5 states in SW and Buhari won Zero
in 2015 Buhari won 5 and GEJ won one.
That is a monumental swing

By what margin did GEJ lose in the 6 states, 83,000? This is not swing, this is simple majority, and the simple explanation for this NEGLIGIBLE number is because of the politics of exclusion that GEJ played with the SW. The Yorubas are a highly intelligent and perceptive people, they did not vote for Buhari because of Buhari, the 83,000 in each of the states was a reaction! Absent the anger at exclusion politics, GEJ would have won in the SW. What is 500k votes, 83,000 votes in 6 states? How swingful is that? It could have gone anywhere. Had GEJ pacified the SW when emmisaries were being sent to him on the Igbo politics he was playing, could PMB have won in the SW?

I will need to check PMB's demographic voter spread in 2011, but like I said, the Yoruba reaction is summarised in the fact that they refused to accept Igbo overlordship over them in Nigeria, hence the throwing away of the baby and the bathwater hence the condition Nigeria finds itself today with Yorubas being 2-2 citizens and Igbos almost enslaved, lol.

1 Like

Re: Yes Buhari Has Failed,why Take It So Personal. by omonnakoda: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

By what margin did GEJ lose in the 6 states, 83,000? This is not swing, this is simple majority, and the simple explanation for this NEGLIGIBLE number is because of the politics of exclusion that GEJ played with the SW. The Yorubas are a highly intelligent and perceptive people, they did not vote for Buhari because of Buhari, the 83,000 in each of the states was a reaction! Absent the anger at exclusion politics, GEJ would have won in the SW. What is 500k votes, 83,000 votes in 6 states? How swingful is that? It could have gone anywhere. Had GEJ pacified the SW when emmisaries were being sent to him on the Igbo politics he was playing, could PMB have won in the SW?

I will need to check PMB's demographic voter spread in 2011, but like I said, the Yoruba reaction is summarised in the fact that they refused to accept Igbo overlordship over them in Nigeria, hence the throwing away of the baby and the bathwater hence the condition Nigeria finds itself today with Yorubas being 2-2 citizens and Igbos almost enslaved, lol.

Buhari did not make constitutional requirements in 2011 and in 2015 he won majority and you are telling me it is not swing. Can we leave ourselves alone.
Na by force? Like I said I am not interested in changing your opinion so if you are not a mad man you will listen to my right to believe what I believe.
In 2011 GEJ got 2.7 million, Ribadu got 1.4 million and Buhari got 300000 in 2015 Buhari won the SW but to you it is not a swing.
Now you are telling me what is swing and not swing.
Yoruba accepted the so called overlordship in 1960 1960 1965 1979 1983
Please hold your side and leave me in peace
I no gree

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign / BREAKING!!! Unknown Gunmen Set NDLEA Office Ablaze In Ohafia / Obi cubana: We The Igbos Apologise To Nigerians For His Display Of Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.