Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Develop Your Passion For Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Develop Your Passion For Prayer (506 Views)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / Paying For Prayer: I Went Into Debt, Trying To Secure A Miracle / Is it Right To Buy Candles, Bintu, St Michaels Perfume For Prayer As Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Develop Your Passion For Prayer by FaithfulServant(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
“Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Prayer is the act of communicating with God. God wants us to pray that His will in heaven will be done on earth (Matthew 6:10), but on the other hand, Satan the enemy does not want us to pray and neither does he want to see our prayers answered by God.

Do you find it easier to communicate with your friends than to communicate with God? This is because your passion for prayer is still very low, and you have not learned how to wrestle with Satan who inflict us with weakness so that we will not be able pray.

Prayer is a spiritual warfare (2 Corinthians 10:4) against the camp of the enemy and the moment you set your knees and heart to pray, Satan and his minions also set to wage war against your prayer so that it will not be answered by God (Daniel 10:12-13) .

There are agents of darkness in high places (Ephesians 6:12) before the kingdom of the God—the third Heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2). They are there to block the communication between God and man. Before your passion for prayer can develop and your prayers answered, you need to learn how to wrestle and defeat Satan and his agents before you can find it easy to pray.

Jesus said, “No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house” (Mark 3:27). Satan is the strongman that needs to be bound in prayers before our prayers can be answered. To “bound” means to tie up like a thief (John 10:10) and it is written that whatsoever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever we loose on earth shall be loose in heaven (Matthew 18:18). By prayer bound Satan up and frighten him with his eternal and eventual doom in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10) and he will flee from you (James 4:7).

Just like every other form of development, developing your passion for prayer will take time. You have to continually give yourself to prayer (Acts 6:4; Romans 12:12). Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and don’t go on a spiritual vacation. Ceasing to pray means you are indirectly telling God that you can now do things on your own when Jesus Christ stated categorically that we can do nothing by our own self without Him (John 15:5) . Practice they say makes perfect, and as your practice how to pray, the Lord will grant you the strength to pray without much stress.

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, I come before you today. I cannot pray. Just the same way you taught your disciples how to pray in Luke 11, teach me how to pray dear Lord. Any form of weakness during prayers (Romans 8:26), I earnestly entreat that you take it away and grant me the strength to pray in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/develop-your-passion-for-prayer.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

. / Frank Edwards Voted 2017 Most Influential Young Nigerian In Entertainment / New Gospel Song Alert !!! Ejiro By Kilokeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.