Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge (5309 Views)

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
was listening to cool fm on my way home and some one phoned in around 8.45 or thereabouts

apparently Theres a a brt bus on fire on third mainland bridge and people can't get out

further calls seem to indicate that firefighters and police are on ground

also - some dude on a power bike was hit by a hit and run and appears to be dead

anyone with updates should kindly post them
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by olafolarin(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2010
I hope desperate people wont jump down from the bus and into lagoon down below,
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by DisGuy: 3:16am On Apr 09, 2010
there are emergency exits (and extinguishers) usually at the back, hope the people in the bus weren't jumping on top of each other

Considering the amount of accidents on the third mainland bridge installing a camera for traffic and security purpose is long overdue- no flowers!!
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by aieromon(m): 11:50am On Apr 09, 2010
I passed the spot around 9.45pm yesterday.There was a minor build up of traffic from Obalende to the Yaba end of the bridge.A towing van was moving the bus out of the spot and i didn't see any evidence of fire on the bus itself.
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by oyinda3(f): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2010
big sigh

so what happened? how many causalities?
what does this say about BRT or transport in Lagos in general?
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 11, 2010
there has been a complete media blackout on the incident. even cool fm where it was phoned in the night before, it was not mentioned in he news roundup the next day

i work i corporate nigeria - so i see this all the time ( incidents etal not being reported in the news) - but it is still disturbing.
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by PwOnder(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2010
Aw. Jeez.
Re: Breaking News - Brt Bus On Fire On Third Main Land Bridge by desgiezd(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2010
Truly, there was a bus gutted by fire on the 3rd Mainland Bridge but it was not a BRT bus, it was an 18-seater commercial bus. It caused a long traffic on my way home on the 3rd Mainland Bridge.

(1) (Reply)

Panic In Lagos As Security Invade Ahead Of Election (pix) / Top Secret: After Formal Governor Visit The IPOB Leader Is Freed / Fg’s Goal Is To Move Nigeria Into Top 100 On 2020 World Business Index, Says Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.