Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,730 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo (3452 Views)

Ini Edo And Mike Godson Are Dating (Photos) / Ini Edo And Davido Pose For A Selfie / Ini Edo And Husband At Her Shoe Line Launch (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by MissyB1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
Nollywood superstar, Genevieve Nnaji, has seen it fit to respond to some of the recent outbursts of her colleague, Ini Edo. Genevieve set the ball rolling when she revealed that she felt insecure about her beauty and feared that one day she would grow old.

She stressed that it was one of the reasons why she had adopted a comprehensive beauty regimen, and that she hoped to keep wrinkles at bay for as long as she could. The revelation was picked up by rival Ini Edo, who said both Genevieve and Omotola were old and that try as they could, they would never be able to delay the onset of the inevitable wrinkles.

After the usual exchanges between the three leading ladies, Omotola also reinforced the fear of ageing when she was reported as planning to go abroad for plastic surgery to enhance the size of her bosom. Ini Edo was on hand again to remind Omotola that bosoms could not be inflated at will like car tyres and that there was a limit to what a woman could do to fight nature.

And now Genevieve is so tired of hearing Ini Edo run her mouth that she has sent her a word of advice. “Ini Edo just got married and she’s already having problems with her husband because she’s not around to cook his meals and keep him company. If Ini is good at advising people, she should start by advising herself. She should stop all the cross border talking about age and go home to cook for her husband. That is what is important”.

Marigold Madueke, a Nollywood reporter said Ini Edo has herself to blame. “I wish these Nollywood superstars would mind their own business for a change. Failing that, I wish they would talk about each other without getting involved in each other’s family business but I guess that once the box is opened, anybody has the license to talk about anything. “If Ini Edo can cross lines and hit both Omotola and Genevieve with charges of being old ladies, then I guess Genevieve can also fight back and ask Ini to go and cook for her husband.

Maybe when Ini gets irritated by these statements, she would restrain herself too but we all know that it’s not going to happen. So let me concentrate on the statement and say that when you have the job of being top actress, it is difficult to perform several domestic chores. Your schedule won’t allow it so there’s no way Ini is going to be able to do that.” Sarah Ofolabi of Film Essence disagrees: Ini only has herself to blame. That is why they say that if you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones.

Clara Oduntun, editor of Cinema Today, said it is interesting that Genevieve should select Ini Edo’s marriage as target. “It has been said in Nollywwod that with Omotola already married, Genevieve had wanted to marry before Ini Edo. Unfortunately, Ini got ahead of Genevieve so there’s still some rivalry on the matter.“Genevieve had a daughter when she was 16 and she’s been waiting for marriage to legitimize everything. Ini Edo got married, but as far as Genevieve is concerned, she is not putting her supreme effort into the relationship.

Thus, when Genevieve decides to jab Ini Edo, the latter’s marriage would be ideal for target practice. At the same time, it is an acknowledgement that Ini has hit gold by getting married and that she had better start spending some valuable time with her family. The news editor of film Nigeria, Victoria Sandton said the three women are oblivious to what people think about their words and actions.“Their rivalry overwhelms them to such an extent that they fail to recognize boundaries and no one seem to know to when lines are crossed. Ini Edo will wade into Genevieve’s private business easily as Genevieve wades into hers. And it is only a matter of time before Omotola follow suit.

The interesting thing is that as job opportunities continue to shrink in Nollywood, their rivalry continues to glow bright and that is probably because it is one of the magnets that make Nollywood what it is.

However, Genevieve has touched on a topic that is very dear to Ini and we are waiting for the strong emotion that will accompany Ini’s response.”

Ini Edo:
"Both Genevieve and Omotola are old - that try as they could, they would never be able to delay the onset of the inevitable wrinkles". 

Source:
http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/movies/201004/41368.php
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by H2O2: 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
punches indeed.

she had better watch that uppercut.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
Rubbish!!!!!
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by MissyB1(m): 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
Ini had berra cling to that advice like breath.
Werrin concern her with what her colleagues do with their body? She berra follow suit. cheesy
I Love Your Fire, Gene. grin kiss
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by oge4real(f): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
I hope INI never grows old herself.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by nellaluv(f): 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2010
It's a lie, even a fool knows this story is fake, dumb site lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by MissyB1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
E good! Assuming the story is real, Gene You do am well. grin
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by mamagee3(f): 11:57pm On Apr 08, 2010
Finally, someone with class dissing a fellow actress, I'm sick and tired of reading Omotola's noise all over the newspapers.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by chic2pimp(m): 12:26am On Apr 09, 2010
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by SisiKill1: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2010
Not a fan of Ini Edo but Genevieve is an eeediot.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by mafolayomi(f): 9:25am On Apr 09, 2010
and how old is Ini herself dat she is referring to Gene and Omotola as bin old? under 2o?
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by DeepSoul(f): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2010
<<<Cnt bliv I just wasted about 5 minutes of my life going thru and replying this thread!>>>

<<<hisssing>>> grin
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by otukpo(f): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2010
Even though this gist could be as false as anything, i think Gene has given Ini an invaluable advice, not a punch.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by googles: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

way to go Genny. . . . tho' the marriage thingy was out of context in this situation buh that Ini Edo needs to be tongue-lashed

watz her own if they are working on their bodies ? is it her money ?

she is claiming youngie yet she is as fat as omo tee and gene put together with extra on top

and to think she is all bleached -up angry angry
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Nakele(f): 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
Some people NEVER sees to amaze me,

1stly was Ini not born in 1982? Gene 1979 and Omo 1978? So, whats the difference there? God, this gal is really going nuts, If I look at her and Gene, do u think I will make out who is the oldest?
Why should Ini involve herself in other pipo's lives ? Wonders SHALL never end ,,,,,,,,,,, this is seriously serious, I am really now starting to hate INI, anyway she has never been my fav, she v been just there, I think even between her and Uche I will always go for Uche from now on,

Genny gal rock on because to the world you are a Mega star, I think Ini is just jealous of Gene and Omo cos she know that the world will always love and chose these two ladies over her, colour blind gal,

Pls Ini, Gene is Hundred and one times much better than you are, so, pls shut up, go home and cook for your husband, bwaahaaahaaaa
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nakele:

1stly was Ini not born in 1982? Gene 1979 and Omo 1978? So, whats the difference there? God, this gal is really going nuts, If I look at her and Gene, do u think I will make out who is the oldest?
Why should Ini involve herself in other pipo's lives ? Wonders SHALL never end ,,,,,,,,,,, this is seriously serious, I am really now starting to hate INI, anyway she has never been my fav, she v been just there, I think even between her and Uche I will always go for Uche from now on,

Genny gal rock on because to the world you are a Mega star, I think Ini is just jealous of Gene and Omo cos she know that the world will always love and chose these two ladies over her, colour blind gal,

Pls Ini, Gene is Hundred and one times much better than you are, so, pls shut up, go home and cook for your husband, bwaahaaahaaaa

ewo le leyiiiii? undecided

@topic

dont believe the tori
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by MissyB1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nakele:

1stly was Ini not born in 1982? Gene 1979 and Omo 1978?   So, whats the difference there? God, this gal is really going nuts,  If I look at her and Gene, do u think I will make out who is the oldest?
Why should Ini involve herself in other pipo's lives ? Wonders SHALL never end ,,,,,,,,,,, this is seriously serious,  I am really now starting to hate INI, anyway she has never been my fav, she v been just there, I think even between her and Uche I will always go for Uche from now on,

Genny gal rock on because to the world you are a Mega star,  I think Ini is just jealous of Gene and Omo cos she know that the world will always love and chose these two ladies over her,  colour blind gal,

Talk it again, Sis. grin
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by maskuraid(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
let them fight on the streets,roforofo style

then we'll know they r serious.

oshisko
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by bkbabe97: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
where the funk is Michelin?!!
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Voned(f): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
I know this story is a very big lie but i just wish it was true so i can laugh at all these jealousy between celebs
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Basics007: 3:07am On Apr 12, 2010
Anyone can see this story for what it is,a purely fabricated junk
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by THEAMAKA(f): 4:07am On Apr 12, 2010
this post is hilarious!!!!

they are always trying to associate genny with negative crap.
are the Nigerian journalists that useless and bored to make up a story that is OBVIOUSLY fake!!
oh lord.

ROFLMAO!
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by Amya(f): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2010
Basics007:

Anyone can see this story for what it is,a purely fabricated junk

seconded!
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by bkbabe97: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2010
The Amaka, u might wanna click on the link below. Although, knowing ur slick self, u probably going in and out of the room anyhoo.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-427482.256.html
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by THEAMAKA(f): 2:52am On Apr 14, 2010
bk/babe97:

The Amaka, u might wanna click on the link below. Although, knowing your slick self, u probably going in and out of the room anyhoo.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-427482.256.html

been there, saw that. . and?
or is that how you hope to get my attention?
siddon somewhere, really.
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by atilla(m): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2010
very funny post, i was expecting sto see blows
Re: Genevieve 'punches' Ini Edo by jacpet: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2010
My one and only Gene every other actress is counterfit tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Akon Caught In The Act (pic) / #bbathechase- Check Out The Dress Elikem Made For Pokello / See Brymo's Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.