Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted (3204 Views)

'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador / APC Membership Hits 15.2 Million, Vows To Win 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by Yyeske(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2018
Suspense12:
It's like you don't know how you people eat rice!

And not forgetting the fact that some of these rice are being exported!

But on a serious note 300M bags of rice and d price Neva crash!

That's outrageous!!!
Don't mind them, wailers forgot quickly that the lower naira value to the dollar made our rice and other grains cheaper and were being exported to neighbouring countries.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/11/20/ban-export-of-food-items-tambuwal-tells-fg/
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 9:15am On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

China is the world's top importer of rice.
India,
Thailand and the US
are the top exporters
Your post is fundamentally flawed
In short it is NONSENSE
You are clueless on this issue
Keep quiet
I do not believe the government but that does not absolve you and the OP of the responsibility to prove your claims
So far you all seem very uneducated
india is second producer with 1.2 billion people close to china atleast this settle that numbers.

ok now reasons why china import rice are, one food security. they store rice for fear of tomorrow. on the fact that china is now using rice to produce wine and beer, animal feed, cake and other raw mineral they are exporting back to those countries.

china is industrious country. when america start buying Nigeria yam. do you know what do use it for? animal feeds..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by Yyeske(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

China produces 210 million tonnes that is 14 times what is being claimed and their population is not 14 times ours so it is very POSSIBLE.
The issue is whether it is true which can be established not by calculations or baseless analysis but facts.
Personally I have no idea if it is true or not but it is very possible.
Our young people go to school but do not learn logic or how to debate and think emotions are a good substitute for logic.

How much land is needed to produce 15 million tonnes and at what yield per unit of land.
How much land is under rice cultivation I Nigeria?
Those are the facts you need to bust the government "lies" not emotional twaddle
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE A CHINESE FAMILY OF SIX TO eat the 4.2 billion 50 km bags they produce or is the Chinese government lying too.
The Nigeria government could be but you have done NOTHING to demonstrate that
The government is right because much of our grain products are illegally exported because of the lower value of the naira.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/215814-ban-export-grains-tambuwal-tells-nigerian-government.html

1 Like

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2018
HAH:
I have a family of 5, my wife and I and 3 children, we also have a house help, to God who made me a bag of 50kg rice lasts for about at least 4 months, and we eat a lot though mixed with other food, so your assumptions may not be entirely right
he is talking 1 person to a bag.

so you are 6 in numbers and 3 bag is what you need.
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by Yyeske(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
mangood74:
The big question here is where is the rice ?
I m a rice dealer and until now what we sell is smuggled rice from cotonou
the fg should tell us the names and their brand. names
lies from the pit of hell
The answer is that Nigerians prefer foreign rice while our neighbors like our rice because of the lower price so there's much illegal export.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/215814-ban-export-grains-tambuwal-tells-nigerian-government.html

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yaki84: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2018
hardywaltz:

you have said nothing.
Everyday Supermarket in PH bought over 5,000 bags (50kg) and over 10,000 bags (25-5kg)rice and sold all within a few days
So whats the big deal.

Spar Port Harcourt once sold over 2000 bags of rice in a day on Blackfriday 2016.
can u give us the names or show us invoice of these transactions so we can put a call to those people n ask what they do with nags of rice daily?

First lets see the invoice.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by GMBuhari: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2018
HAH:
I am a northerner, and I live in the north, but the only thing that will set us free is the truth and the truth is some official are lying to the president about the rice production, at best we have done 10 % of the assertion. Sentiments aside

OK you are from a part of North I respect that and I'm Yoruba though I've lived and still work in the North

These people are out to make it look like North is not doing anything and this administration is lying , I know what I've seen and it's worthy of praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by GMBuhari: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2018
yaki84:

can u give us the names or show us invoice of these transactions so we can put a call to those people n ask what they do with nags of rice daily?

First lets see the invoice.

You don't need their home and shop address too?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yaki84: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

He has no point so telling us it is 300million bags proves what?
How many grains is it?.
You don't prove anything with a stupid common entrance calculation.
How many olodos is it?
I have no idea whether the government is lying. But that calculation is very stupid it is like calculating how many seconds are in a week.
My response
So what?
The issue is how many tonnes of rice are produced per hectares and how many hectares are under cultivation.
A simple fact based analysis and not that fake detective stuff
He claims to have Busted the lie.How by a calculation?
this ur observation should hv been thrown tho the govt n not someone who painstakingly exposed their lies thru uncommon arithmetric.

Ask the govt how many hectares of land is producing these tonnes they r brandishing to d public.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by lukaf17(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2018
ProjectNaija:

It is totally impossible. A family of six that eats rice at least four times a week will take them six months to finish a 50kg bag of rice. The OP has done a very good job with his analysis. This government is notorious for telling outrageous lies.

Why are you telling lies just to make a point l assume you have relations that buy rice in bags ask them how long it take to finish a bag of rice for a family of 4.with your calculation one person that eat rice four times a week will eat it for 1 year 6months.

Just to help u.
1 big tin is 0.72 gramm so divide it by 50kg that =70/4 =17

That a family of four which consume at that rate will finish it in 4months

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yaki84: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Lusola15:

Brother it is very possible let's assume that

An average person will eat 500g of rice atp a go
An average Nigerian will eat rice 250 days in a year or more
That is like 1.2bag a year

Not to talk of rice flour, tuwu and the rest

How much rice did you eat last December.

I do agree that the government may be giving us false data just to save face
is it now that rice is being sold for 100naira per cup that person go dey eat rice daily?
Condiments r not included o.....

Lastyr i went 2mnths without eating rice n am sure 1million of me did same if not more.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yaki84: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2018
GMBuhari:

You don't need their home and shop address too?
bobo d days of brandishing figures without facts is over.

We deal with facts n figures not oluwole statistics.
I can aswell tell u my community didnt eat rice thru out lastyr n am talking of a thousand plus people, wont u want facts?

3 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by HAH: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2018
GMBuhari:

OK you are from a part of North I respect that and I'm Yoruba though I've lived and still work in the North

These people are out to make it look like North is not doing anything and this administration is lying , I know what I've seen and it's worthy of praise
don't get me wrong, I am very impressed with the renewed vigour on rice farming, my problem is with the false statistics being paraded by government official probably to get more allocation

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by GMBuhari: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2018
yaki84:

bobo d days of brandishing figures without facts is over.

We deal with facts n figures not oluwole statistics.
I can aswell tell u my community didnt eat rice thru out lastyr n am talking of a thousand plus people, wont u want facts?

If you want facts, buy full tank if you have a car and explore the country because no matter how many videos and evidence people provide a Thomas will always be a Tomas so like the saying goes, seeing is believing, if you see stuffs yourself you'll understand better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by blaqoracle: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2018
hardywaltz:

you have said nothing.
Everyday Supermarket in PH bought over 5,000 bags (50kg) and over 10,000 bags (25-5kg)rice and sold all within a few days
So whats the big deal.

Spar Port Harcourt once sold over 2000 bags of rice in a day on Blackfriday 2016.
my brother don't waste your time on these ipig who never see anything good in life.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2018
HAH:
you are just being theoretical, I am giving you a practical view and all you have I issue is my stating "God" by the way I live in the north, kaduna to be precise, I visit most of the state north west where this rice revolution is going on and obviously the figures are seriously exxergerated
You have not given one single fact and you claim practical
I do not know the truth and your claims that you live in the north are irrelevant
Why can't our young people debate as if they went to school
The purpose of debating is to establish truth.
What facts do you have other than to invoke God and claim to live in the north.
Is it possible to produce that amount of rice?
YES
Is it actually happening?
Who knows?
Does the OP'school calculation prove anything?

NOT AT ALL.

You can disprove with facts not spurious calculations
If I say it rained yesterday that is a simple yes or no fact that you can not calculate.
Is it possible ? Yes
Did it happen?
Another matter
So quit the silly arguments about possibility based on how many bags make a tonne
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
your calculation is wrong it should be 15,000,000/ 20 = 750,000 bags.
hope you did not skip metrics classes in school
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
yanshDoctor:
india is second producer with 1.2 billion people close to china atleast this settle that numbers.

ok now reasons why china import rice are, one food security. they store rice for fear of tomorrow. on the fact that china is now using rice to produce wine and beer, animal feed, cake and other raw mineral they are exporting back to those countries.

china is industrious country. when america start buying Nigeria yam. do you know what do use it for? animal feeds..
Rubbish
First admit you were wrong and stop talking nonsense
China is NOT a net exporter of rice as you ignorantly claimed
China simply eat more rice than other people.
Simple straight forward explanation.
What evidence do you have for this nonsense speculation?
So Indians don't fear for food security?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
HAH:
you are just being theoretical, I am giving you a practical view and all you have I issue is my stating "God" by the way I live in the north, kaduna to be precise, I visit most of the state north west where this rice revolution is going on and obviously the figures are seriously exxergerated
I am not talking about whether it is exaggerated or not.
In mathematics they say
SHOW YOUR WORKING
for a reason.
You are of the school of thought that if the answer is right it does not matter how you get it.
My point is the calculations above do not lead to the conclusion that is being deduced.
It has no connection
You can say the government lied and advance your argument.
That calculation does not buttress the claim.

So my entire argument is not about how much rice but the calculations and the suggestion that amount of rice cannot possiblybe produced in Nigeria. That is the claim.
Now it is possible even double that is possible.
If the government is lying how does calculation show that
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

Rubbish
First admit you were wrong and stop talking nonsense
China is NOT a net exporter of rice as you ignorantly claimed
China simply eat more rice than other people.
Simple straight forward explanation.
What evidence do you have for this nonsense speculation?
So Indians don't fear for food security?
not as industrious as China when it comes to converting rice to other things.

India have enough for storage. nothing to fear. beside China add value to the rice and resell finish produce. just like Nigeria selling oil to but petrol.
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
yanshDoctor:
not as industrious as China when it comes to converting rice to other things.

India have enough for storage. nothing to fear. beside China add value to the rice and resell finish produce. just like Nigeria selling oil to but petrol.
Were you wrong when you claimed that China was the number one exporter of rice?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

Were you wrong when you claimed that China was the number one exporter of rice?
i was not wrong i use China instead of India. its a typing error.

read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_wine
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
yanshDoctor:
i was not wrong i use China instead of India. its a typing error.

read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_wine
No it was not.
You used China AND India.
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
yanshDoctor:
oga an adult will not finish 50kg of rice a year not to talk of children and some adult who only eat little
Shut up you are a liar with no integrity
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

Shut up you are a liar with no integrity
look we are 7 and consume a bag of rice within 4-5 months. we do have visitors on sundays as well. we consume 4-5 bags in a year.

7 - 4 = 3. so tell me again i lied?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by yanshDoctor: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
WinningSun:
your calculation is wrong it should be 15,000,000/ 20 = 750,000 bags.

hope you did not skip metrics classes in school
no, you are wrong. 1 metric tonnes is 1000kg.
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by ProjectNaija(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

China produces 210 million tonnes that is 14 times what is being claimed and their population is not 14 times ours so it is very POSSIBLE.
The issue is whether it is true which can be established not by calculations or baseless analysis but facts.
Personally I have no idea if it is true or not but it is very possible.
Our young people go to school but do not learn logic or how to debate and think emotions are a good substitute for logic.

How much land is needed to produce 15 million tonnes and at what yield per unit of land.
How much land is under rice cultivation I Nigeria?
Those are the facts you need to bust the government "lies" not emotional twaddle
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE A CHINESE FAMILY OF SIX TO eat the 4.2 billion 50 km bags they produce or is the Chinese government lying too.
The Nigeria government could be but you have done NOTHING to demonstrate that

Has it occurred to you that china exports a lot of the rice it produces?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Has it occurred to you that china exports a lot of the rice it produces?

China is the number one

Number one

Number one

Importer of rice in the world
Go back and educate yourself before quoting me. Read this thread properly before quoting me

Use your brain,if you have one ,before quoting me.
Has it occurred to you to use your head before quoting people? Or do you just say the first moronic thing that enters your mind?
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by ProjectNaija(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
omonnakoda:

China is the number one

Number one

Number one

Importer of rice in the world
Go back and educate yourself before quoting me. Read this thread properly before quoting me

Use your brain,if you have one ,before quoting me.
Has it occurred to you to use your head before quoting people? Or do you just say the first moronic thing that enters your mind?

To be throwing insults around based on what should be a civil discussion betrays the type of up bringing you have. I won't bring myself down to the level of trading insults with a juvenile.
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
ProjectNaija:

To be throwing insults around based on what should be a civil discussion betrays the type of up bringing you have. I won't bring myself down to the level of trading insults with a juvenile.
Good,
Educate yourself and stop celebrating ignorance.
China eats rice like no other nation
In China they don't say

Have you eaten
They say have you eaten rice

They produce more rice and import more rice than any other nation
Re: Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Bursted by omonnakoda: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
Do you know how many tonnes of cassava we produce
At least 45 million tonnes
Mr calculator how many 50 kg bags is that
Do you know How many tonnes of yam
Google is your friend
Maize nko ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshomole Sitting On The Floor Beginning Mrs Buhar / Amaechi Tags Baro, Other River Ports ‘waste Of Public Funds’ / President BUHARI Snubs Tinubu, Supports Jonathan Ahead Of 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.