Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Naming Confusion. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naming Confusion. (724 Views)

Wife Sister Naming Her Baby After My Wife Ex Boyfriend / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / Suggest A Name For My Baby Girl: The Naming Ceremony Of My Baby Is Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming Confusion. by Karidqueen(f): 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
Greetings to y'all in family section of this great forum.
I'm not married, still searching for true love...lol wink.
To the issue that brought me here.
A wonderful and glorious new year for us, the U*** family. My cousin's wife gave birth to a sweet charming boy this morning and when it was time for the father to name his new addition to our family, he choose to transfer his whole name to the lil boy. Now my grandmum, my mum and my cousin's dad thinks that the idea was objectionable and unappealing. I don't really know nothing about this naming stuff but I think he should at least change one name outta the whole ish.
For those who didn't get me, lemme give your clear description...
My cousins name is - CHINEDU BOLA HAKEEM
My lil nephews supposed new name - CHINEDU BOLA HAKEEM JR. (Not real name tho)
So my question is, is anything wrong with his choice, cos we are yet to fill the birth certificate.

Lalasticlala abeg help me.

1 Like

Re: Naming Confusion. by Khutie: 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
•••Longest time queen... kiss
To yhur question, me too ain't know much about naming ish buh I think he shoulda change the native name and keep the English name for the boy. Keeping the full name seems more like having two people in one body. My opinion tho. Holla at yhur cousin for me, a child is a big blessing; to me the biggest blessing. There's this xaying in Igbo "NWAKAEGO", a child is greater than wealth...

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Naming Confusion. by Karidqueen(f): 12:26am On Jan 07, 2018
Khutie:
•••Longest time queen... kiss
To yhur question, me too ain't know much about naming ish buh I think he shoulda change the native name and keep the English name for the boy. Keeping the full name seems more like having two people in one body. My opinion tho. Holla at yhur cousin for me, a child is a big blessing; to me the biggest blessing. There's this xaying in Igbo "NWAKAEGO", a child is greater than wealth...

Happy new year.
Happy new year dear.
Hustling took most of your fav' girls time. grin There are bills to be paid.
Re: Naming Confusion. by Florblu(f): 12:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Why is your cousin attaching so much importance to his name?

What has he.benefited from bearing that name?

I think he should not give the innocent baby another name different from his.

He should not come and tie his destiny to that of the child. He might not even have anything to show for the name,so why no give the child another name

1 Like

Re: Naming Confusion. by BlackDBagba: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Give the child a different name. Why transfer your bad luck onto the child? Or good undecided

New name, new identity, new path..
Re: Naming Confusion. by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Op, it really is not your business. Names are given by parents and if the parents so wish, they honor someone else to name the baby. Their baby, their choice. No be una go pay school fees. So him having his daddy's name, nothing, absolutely nothing bad about it.
You guys can give him your own names, there is no limit to how many names a child can have, but opposing his father on the name he is giving his own child is extremely wrong. His wife isn't complaining.
All these unnecesary interference in couple decisions should stop already. So you and gramps should mind your business

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Treat Foot Sore / Is It Right For Couples To Have Seperate Rooms in their Matrimonial homes? / SOLD !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.