Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? (1567 Views)

40yrs After, FG’s N2 Trillion Mambilla Power Project Yet To Begin / #Throwback- Was President Trump And His Son Checking Their Wives Vote? / PDP Chairmanship: Prince Uche Secondus Meets With The Katsina State Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 2:14am On Jan 07, 2018
President Buhari in his New Year speech, made the following claims:

"......Consequently, generation has now reached 7,000MW. On December 8, 2017 the country achieved 5,155MW of power delivered to consumers, the highest level ever recorded.

Several moribund projects have been revived. Repairs of Afam Power Station added 110MW in 2017 and another 240MW will be added this year through a private investment partnership.

Katsina Power Project is now being tested and producing 10MW of power from wind for the first time in Nigeria. It should be fully operational this year.

The Zungeru 700MW Hydroelectric Power Project, stalled by court cases is due for completion in 2019. The transmission and other requirements to operate the 30MW Gurara Phase 1 Hydroelectric Plant, the 40MW Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Plant and the 215 MW Kaduna Gas/LPG/Diesel Power Plant will also be completed this year.

A landmark project, Mambilla Hydroelectric Power Project is at last taking off. This project has been on the drawing Board for 40 years, but now the engineering, procurement and construction contract for the 3,050MW project has been agreed with a Chinese joint venture Company with a financing commitment from the government of China. Completion is targeted for 2023.

As I mentioned earlier, the Transmission Company of Nigeria can now distribute all the 7,000MW that can be generated. TCN and the Niger Delta Holding Company have added 1,950MVA of 330 down to 132KV transformer capacity of 10 transmission stations and 2,930MVA of 132 down to 33KV transformer capacity of 42 sub-stations including Ikot Ekpene, Aba, Alagbon, Ajah, Ejigbo, Funtua and Zaria.

But a Facebook user posted the following about the 10MW Katsisna Power project, claiming that the President was misinformed.
It makes one wonder how many projects the President is misinformed about. Share the status of the other projects if you have the information.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by nwoke37: 2:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Meanwhile Buhari has just created a healthcare initiative called BuhariCare !!
Check it out below...
https://www.nairaland.com/4274276/buhari-creates-healthcare-system-called
Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by Yeligray(m): 2:48am On Jan 07, 2018
grin this laugh is too sweet for me to laugh alone.. Even the poll that fell down said "dah.. I don tire, which kind lie be this one, the lie weak me, make i rest"... He was lied to because he doesn't even inspect the projects the offer,... The thing goes "skrrrr paaapapaa skididi paapa and a kummmi skish dauraaa daura here he comes" i told him man's not hot, never hot(dumb/stupid)
Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by 2cato: 2:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by progress69: 3:15am On Jan 07, 2018
Yeligray:
grin this laugh is too sweet for me to laugh alone.. Even the poll that fell down said "dah.. I don tire, which kind lie be this one, the lie weak me, make i rest"... He was lied to because he doesn't even inspect the projects the offer,... The thing goes "skrrrr paaapapaa skididi paapa and a kummmi skish dauraaa daura here he comes" i told him man's not hot, never hot(dumb/stupid)

many of u call Buhari a retired commissioned officer a dullard but the reverse is the case. many of u that just make noise and type rubbish on the internet are semi educated illiterates. now take a look at the pic again and see how u goofed.

and of the OP, the pic could have been taken anytime nd some hater will just come here and lie it was taken at another time. we have seen a lot of that on the cyber space.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 3:26am On Jan 07, 2018
progress69:

many of u call Buhari a retired commissioned officer a dullard but the reverse is the case. many of u that just make noise and type rubbish on the internet are semi educated illiterates. now take a look at the pic again and see how u goofed.

and of the OP, the pic could have been taken anytime nd some hater will just come here and lie it was taken at another time. we have seen a lot of that on the cyber space.

The Facebook poster is a known entity to me, who hails from Katsina State and he stated the date that he took the picture. Jan 1, 2018.
If you have evidence that this project is up and runnihg as Baba claimed, the onus is on you to provide such evidence and refute the OP.
Otherwise, you're just wasting MBs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by Nutase: 7:09am On Jan 07, 2018
Is he ever well informed?

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:10am On Jan 07, 2018
progress69:

Zombies are incurable. There is no remedy to thier ailment!

2 Likes

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by billante(m): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2018
All the catastrophe they claimed that would have taken over the country if the last administration had won the election and continued in office has and is still happening in this buhari administration!

Lies and incompetence still reign supreme!

What was the use having that election?!

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2018
ok
Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by luvinhubby(m): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2018
progress69:

Omenka, how market?
Buhari is a bad buy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by progress69: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2018
LRNZH:

The Facebook poster is a known entity to me, who hails from Katsina State and he stated the date that he took the picture. Jan 1, 2018.
If you have evidence that this project is up and runnihg as Baba claimed, the onus is on you to provide such evidence and refute the OP.

So we should believe u because of "dem say" ?

U must be high on pig dung

U posted a picture of just a windmill probably still under construction, while there are several others standing erect already and used that to call the president a liar.
Does Nigeria's progress give u guys headache or what. All u want to hear is negative news.
!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by DieBuhari: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Why do we keep looking for who to blame for Buhari's incompetence which is a direct result of his poor education?

Why must he be misnformed all the time if he isn't a dullard that can't process and analyse information?
Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by fiizznation: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2018
LRNZH:

So someone just send you a picture and you didn't even bother to do any background check about what your "informant" informed you with, you just rushed to the net to spread your hearsay and at the same time challenging the commentators to prove you wrong.

Smh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by doctokwus: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
The man is incompetent and brain challenged,so his demonic and lying appointees feed him with all sort of lies he does not have the capacity nor sincerity of purpose to verify.
Case of garbage in,garbage out.

2 Likes

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by fiizznation: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2018
progress69:

U posted a picture of just a windmill probably still under construction, while there are several others standing erect already and used that to call the president a liar.
Does Nigeria's progress give u guys headache or what. All u want to hear is negative news.
!
I'm telling you. Just look at how the op emphasised "my friend" as if his so-called friend is angel Gabriel or somebody that doesn't lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by Amoto94(m): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2018
It is quite possible that he was misinformed by his appointees and handlers for their gains at the detriment of the nation's progress. A lot of things are happening that we are not privy to.

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
progress69:

!

fiizznation:
I'm telling you. Just look at how the op emphasised "my friend" as if his so-called friend is angel Gabriel or somebody that doesn't lie.

Please show us photo evidence of a standing/functional windmill in Katsina.
That's what enlightened people do. Not trade insults.
Over to you.

2 Likes

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by yaki84: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
LRNZH:

Please show us photo evidence of a standing/functional windmill in Katsina.
That's what enlightened people do. Not trade insults.
Over to you.
point number 1, never argue with a zombie!

Shebi fizznation don show, u r in for it.

They believed that gej was an alcoholic even without foto proof, but they with this foto proof they say na lie make dem see video proof.

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
yaki84:

point number 1, never argue with a zombie!

Shebi fizznation don show, u r in for it.

They believed that gej was an alcoholic even without foto proof, but they with this foto proof they say na lie make dem see video proof.

We are waiting for them to show us evidence.

They don't understand that fact checking government is one way to keep them on their toes to deliver on promises rather than believe government hook line and sinker until it is too late.

We dey wait o....
Lalasticlala and Mynd44 come and see your people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hehe

docadams tried to prove that the Katsina Power Project is on course by posting pictures from Ethiopia, Kenya etc here https://www.nairaland.com/4275277/re-lrnzh-pmb-right-10mw#63977893

The 10MW Katsina Wind Power Priejct was initiated in 2007 by the Late Yar'Adua when he was governor of Katsina and transitioned into the President. The project hasn't seen much progress since then.
http://www.ecowrex.org/news/katsina-state-will-be-home-first-nigerian-wind-farm

Please let's be guided and stay honest to ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Was President Buhari Misinformed about the Katsina Power Project? by LRNZH(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lalasticlala...you dey so?
Happy New Year o... grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Late Tiv Warrior, General Gideon Orkar's, Coup Speech, April 1990 / As A Youth; Why I Want Buhari To Remain Nigerian President / Policeman Injured As Violence Breaks Out In Ekiti After Fayemi's Arrival. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.