Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,524 members, 7,770,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace (10441 Views)

Obaseki Meets With Udom Emmanuel In Uyo / Obaseki Meets Buhari, Presents Re-Election Bid Form / Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Pinklipz01: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
I ijaws are peace loving people but u don't take their simplicity for granted. if u fight an ijaw community, be prepared to fight the whole ijaws nation because they are united and they don't easily give up.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by davidnazee: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
I love the Ijaws and how firmly they stood up to challenge the Oba of Bini and his egocentric claims. making a governor voted by even the Ijaws to be his servant... thanks to thr Gov for following the path of peace.

ijaws I know have tasted their bitter days and hence will never keep quiet to be marginalized and assaulted like slaves....

long Live the Niger Delta and all the tribes that makes up the region.

long live the people that always fought for the recognition of the Niger Delta.

Long live to all those who fought for peace in the Niger Delta.

Long Live to anyone who has the best interest of the Niger Delta at heart.

long Live Warri City
Long Live Bini City
Long Live PH CIty
Long Live Uyo City
Long Live Calabar City
Long Live Yanagoa City.

Long live to all those who love truth on Nairaland.
long Live to those realers who are factual in their arguments and not blinded by tribal sentiments..

God punish all those who claim to be who they are not on nairaland in other to cause trouble.

Ijaws and their illiteracy.. which victory are you guys celebrating? Na letter of demands una Dey call victory? Those demands will not be met! The best you will get is bore hole and tarred roads. If that no reach una Bayelsa awaits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by AreaFada2: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

Be here talking rubbish wen your governor is on his knees
I am not trying to reason with someone with the mindset of Shakau or Bin Ladin like you. My submission is for those with a sound mind.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by SicilianMafia: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
xtervaganza:
lol my name in your mouth like dick

cheesy grin
Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by eulogy: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
As e don out like this e no sweet?
Well, I take this opportunity to sue for peace between the Ijaws and Bini e-warriors on nairaland. We be one. And to everyone wey I yab no vex, e no suppose b like dat.
One Niger Delta mhen!
#peaceNOTwar
Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Noccerino(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I am happy that Governor Obaseki is returning to his senses. I hope the Oba of Bini also allow sense of reasoning prevail (though he has no choice).

The people of Olodiama Ijaw clan in Edo state are 101% aborigines in Edo state. Nobody, irrespective of how highly or lowly placed can bully or silence them.

The entire Ijaw nation, with population of over 15 million people, spanning across 6 States of the Niger Delta, including Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Edo states and constituting over 10% of the Nigeria population, are firmly resolved to remain firm in advancing the noble agenda of Ijaw nation without fear or favor to anyone within or outside the Niger Delta and SouthSouth.

Once again, kudos to Governor Obaseki, peace is all we want in Edo and Nigeria!!!
Just 15 million? Ijaws are actually 70million and 50% of the nigerian population.... Clown!

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by xtervaganza(m): 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

You mistake me for a bini girl, who spend their lives either on their backs or on their knees,
Hating aside, Bini girls are stubborn but wonderful.

I'm pretty sure you wish to have them in your life grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Afriifa(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
davidnazee:

Ijaws and their illiteracy.. which victory are you guys celebrating? Na letter of demands una Dey call victory? Those demands will not be met! The best you will get is bore hole and tarred roads. If that no reach una Bayelsa awaits.
lol. i feel your frustration dude.
Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by itsene: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
Can't you all see that this goat AdaFonju is spreading silly stories.
Ijaws came to Benin to assure the governor they're not trouble makers and this AdaFonju is writing something else.
How can people begging not to be treated as 2nd class people be making declarations? They definitely didn't tell the governor ijaws have five kingdoms in Edo state!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by itsene: 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I am happy that Governor Obaseki is returning to his senses. I hope the Oba of Bini also allow sense of reasoning prevail (though he has no choice).

The people of Olodiama Ijaw clan in Edo state are 101% aborigines in Edo state. Nobody, irrespective of how highly or lowly placed can bully or silence them.

The entire Ijaw nation, with population of over 15 million people, spanning across 6 States of the Niger Delta, including Delta, Bayelsa, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Edo states and constituting over 10% of the Nigeria population, are firmly resolved to remain firm in advancing the noble agenda of Ijaw nation without fear or favor to anyone within or outside the Niger Delta and SouthSouth.

Once again, kudos to Governor Obaseki, peace is all we want in Edo and Nigeria!!!

People came to tell the governor they need help and infrastructures and you are misleading your people here.
Did you see any pere in the entourage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by samuk: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
I thought this whole problem started when the Ijaw traditional rulers in delta state tried to installed one pere in the territory of the great Oba of Benin and the Oba had none of it and summoned the governor to act and take action immediately because any traditional chief that is not recognised by the government is counterfeit. The government acted as instructed and enacted a law that banned anybody parading himself as a traditional chief without following laid down laws and 2 years imprisonment term awaits that person. After trying the resolve of the new Oba the Ijaws backed down and sue for peace. If the Ijaw wanted to install a chief in their territory they would have tried it towards the end of the reign of the last Oba not at the beginning of the reign of a new and a no nonsense Oba with so much energy, Ijaw should have leant from the banning of the CDA warlords that even Ishomole couldn't touch. The Oba of Benin is the only authority saddled with the responsibility of installing dukes in Edo south. If the Ijaw in Edo wants a duke they should approach the Benin palace.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by davidnazee: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
samuk:
I thought this whole problem started when the Ijaw traditional rulers in delta state tried to installed one pere in the territory of the great Oba of Benin and the Oba had none of it and summoned the governor to act and take action immediately because any traditional chief that is not recognised by the government is counterfeit. The government acted as instructed and enacted a law that banned anybody parading himself as a traditional chief without following laid down laws and 2 years imprisonment term awaits that person. After trying the resolve of the new Oba the Ijaws backed down and sue for peace. If the Ijaw wanted to install a chief in their territory they would have tried it towards the end of the reign of the last Oba not at the beginning of the reign of a new and a no nonsense Oba with so much energy, Ijaw should have leant from the banning of the CDA warlords that even Ishomole couldn't touch. The Oba of Benin is the only authority saddled with the responsibility of installing dukes in Edo south. If the Ijaw in Edo wants a duke they should approach the Benin palace.

Leave these Ijaw settlers to be celebrating a meeting with governor as victory. That meeting is an opportunity for u guys to save yourselves. War will be disastrous for you.
We are offering you tarred roads and borehole water, make una accept am ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by SicilianMafia: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
davidnazee:

Leave these Ijaw settlers to be celebrating a meeting with governor as victory. That meeting is an opportunity for u guys to save yourselves. War will be disastrous for you.
We are offering you tarred roads and borehole water, make una accept am ooo.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by xtervaganza(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

I dont need them hoes
we are all hoes. Including you and I.

If you have had sex b4 marriage you're a male how too grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 08, 2018
AdaFonju:

Be here talking rubbish wen your governor is on his knees
Stop being misleading and disrespectful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 08, 2018
ijaws are migrants not only in Delta state but also in Edo state.
EDO state is a fraction of the Benin Kingdom.
Omo n'Oba n'Edo is the only king of the Benin Kingdom.
That is all folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 08, 2018
@adafonju, doesn't it make you tired to see your people claiming to be indigenous almost everywhere there is either oil either water ?
Doesn't it pain you that your people never seem to come up with proof ? Are you not hangered by the fact that all your people do is a shouting match of "asawana, we are inndigenous ! asawana !". You need to learn respect. I sincerly don't see what your people stand to gain by antagonizing evrybody: Igbo, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Edo ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 08, 2018
I personally have noothing aginst the ijaw. Except for the lack of respect I am seeing from them lately.
It is just like a tenant who insults his landlord and boasts about it: "did you see how I lacked respect to my landlord ? asawana ! by the way can you rent me a room ?"
What do you guys stand to gain ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 08, 2018
I know, I would like to have a conversation with this adafonju girl to see why she is doing all this.
itsene:
Can't you all see that this goat AdaFonju is spreading silly stories.
Ijaws came to Benin to assure the governor they're not trouble makers and this AdaFonju is writing something else.
How can people begging not to be treated as 2nd class people be making declarations? They definitely didn't tell the governor ijaws have five kingdoms in Edo state!
Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 08, 2018
adafonju, let us have a honnest discussion. I am personnally not a peace loving person and I am not a terrorist nor a criminal of any kind. I love to fight (boxing, martial arts, even war). But wars are not fought against women and children and they are certainly not fought on social media. Let us see where the problem is and let us listen to each other with respect rather than the barrage of insults, let us have a logical discussion in which each one of us would have to prove his or her claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 08, 2018
I personnally believe that one can not defeat an enemy which he doesn't respect.
Indeed if you don't respect your ennemy then you are likely to underestimate that enemy. (eg: germany vs russia in ww2)
Personally I don't even see the fun of fighting an enemy whom I don't respect. I need my enemy to be great and powerful so that when I win it would actually be an archievement.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta / Atiku Prepares For 2015, Renovates Campaign Office / Lawmakers Accuses Jonathan Of Sponsoring Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.