Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies (39476 Views)

W202 1999 Mercedes C Class Upgraded To 2013 C Class W204. Hit Or Miss? / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / How To Solve The C Class W202 Recurrent Power Window Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2018
bishopkay:

Bro while I must say toyota have done quite a good job with the Land cruiser but you'd also agree with me, it wasn't till 2012/13 Toyota started doing real work on their cars in terms of interior and aesthetics. And when I meant cheap I was referring to their more base models (the Camry, corolla etc)

Also about the MSRP of the Camry, accord and C class being same, in all honesty you have to agree with me the C class out performs them all.

A little question for you... If you were to choose between the 2014/15 Camry, accord or C350, which would you choose? grin
bullocks the Camry and accord out sells the best selling Mercedes for a reason. now a days the gap in the wow factors in Benz has been closed in by mid class sedans. When last did we see real genuine wood in a Benz C class?

I'd still say it, you buy Benz cos of name and cos of passion not cos of reasonable logical rational thinking.

I got stuffs to do, this is my last debate here.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by gnykelly(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Ekotedo Iya Olobe to be exact. You don't get more Ibadan than that unless you want to talk about Foko, Idi Arere, etc grin

ibadan omesi ogo

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 15, 2018
I'll say this and I'll move on.

Only a complete fool will compare an Audi/BMW/Mercedes Benz to Honda/Nissan/Toyota.

When HNT wanted to take on ABM they had to go back to the drawing board and create new luxury brands Acura/Infiniti/Lexus.

The day I respected Mercedes Benz was when I was taking apart one of my 190e (I had both a 2.3 and 2.6 model) and I saw what they did for sound insulation in the foot wells. The insulation pad under the front floor mats was at least 2 inches thick. I broke nothing less than 4 drill bits to poke a hole in the firewall.

Friends, if they took that much effort into a base model pre C class, imagine what they would have done on the E and S class or on other more intricate parts of the vehicles.

I love Japanese vehicles and have passed Honday Odyssey, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX, many Toyota MR2s through the fleet but none of them can touch even my ordinary BMW e35.

I encourage you guys to cycle through vehicles so you can experience different marques.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by bishopkay: 8:46am On Jan 15, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
forget it which Camry are you talking about? Camry 2.7 muscle 2009 model v6 is faster and more durable, yes Benz are cool but it doesn't pick fast when accelerated until it has transmitted gear twice because it is heavier and uses back axle compared to the camry front wheel drive always red hot in cruising, light weight less fuel consumption. Its a personal choice though.

Which particular Benz are you talking about my friend grin is it the W202 if it is then you are right about the not so fast picking but when it's on motion, your 2009 Camry would be collecting dust behind Shebi u know that one sha cool
But if you are trying to bring the 2009 Camry and C class at par with each other, then bros don't commit that sin... Have you ever driven a C300 4matic? Lol

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2018
Ishilove:

All these airbags... that is how somebody will choke when they have an accident because they are surrounded by air bags on every side tongue

lol but won't you love to fall in an airfilled balloon during a crash rather than a hard sharp metal?

once airbag deploys and safely cushion the crash impact, they deflate in less than 30 seconds cheesy

sorry I don't pray we ever experience a crash. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by nams77: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is my 1999 C230 Kompressor. One of my favorite cars.

I always giggle at the solo dance of the wiperblade.
Egbon, sow this one into my life edakun grin

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is my 1999 C230 Kompressor. One of my favorite cars.

I always giggle at the solo dance of the wiperblade.

this one is looking different

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by linked: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
forget it which Camry are you talking about? Camry 2.7 muscle 2009 model v6 is faster and more durable, yes Benz are cool but it doesn't pick fast when accelerated until it has transmitted gear twice because it is heavier and uses back axle compared to the camry front wheel drive always red hot in cruising, light weight less fuel consumption. Its a personal choice though.
Bro.. not when you are already in motion... the overdrive in the C180 is a killer!.. the interesting thing is that the C180 got a sport mode...you can switch between sport and normal... When you ride on the sport mode even at 160km/per hour you car keeps accelerating on overdrive when you push on the throttle you watch you speedometer hitting 180km... and counting... Brother! that car is close to complete engineering.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2018
bishopkay:

Which particular Benz are you talking about my friend grin is it the W202 if it is then you are right about the not so fast picking but when it's on motion, your 2009 Camry would be collecting dust behind Shebi u know that one sha cool
But if you are trying to bring the 2009 Camry and C class at par with each other, then bros don't commit that sin... Have you ever driven a C300 4matic? Lol

Thanks for this

I first drive a manual c class, a friend bought it...bro...it is a damn machine...it picks and the sexy thing is the way the car jerks when you engage reverse gear as if it is ejaculating...it's so sexy and it turns me on.

Bro...Benz doesn't make sense Benz maketh sense any given day

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2018
linked:
Bro.. not when you are already in motion... the overdrive in the C180 is a killer!.. the funny thing is the C180 got a sport mode...you can switch between sport and normal... When you ride on the sport mode even at 160km/per hour you car keeps accelerating on overdrive when you push on the throttle you watch you speedometer hitting 180km... and counting... Brother! that car is close to complete engineering.

They won't know till they experience Benz

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by bishopkay: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Thanks for this

I first drive a manual c class, a friend bought it...bro...it is a damn machine...it picks and the sexy thing is the way the car jerks when you engage reverse gear as if it is ejaculating...it's so sexy and it turns me on.

Bro...Benz doesn't make sense Benz maketh sense any given day

grin then if by mistake you drive the V6 version of the W202 my brother... You'd not want to drop ooo. I've driven it only once and oh how she purrs; how she moves...just imagine a sexy stripper giving you a dance grin cool hmmm I plan to always have one in my garage

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by pipz(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Ekotedo Iya Olobe to be exact. You don't get more Ibadan than that unless you want to talk about Foko, Idi Arere, etc grin

Bro... it seems ur in the US. just wondering why don’t they drive the Toyota Land Cruiser. And why is the Mercedes Benz G wagon not common in Texas, Houston specifically unlike Nigeria where it’s like one of they most common SUV. The rate at which they drive Benz here ehn!! But G wagon is not common? I don’t think it’s a price issue

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by DjAndroid: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2018
kuntash:

Not entirely correct bro..

The variance of the C class benz are so divers, ranging from continent to continent and regions to regions,

The specs are not the same even though they carry the badge of C180, C200, C220, C240, C270 (Mainly Europe) & C230, C280 (US)

There are some specs that have their air flow incorporated into the throttle body .
SO WHICH OF THE MODELS YOU MENTIONED DOES NOT HAVE THE AIRFLOW METER?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by pipz(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Bro, it’s like u live in the US, Texas maybe just want to ask a question. Why don’t they drive the Toyota Land Cruiser. And why is the Mercedes Benz G wagon not common in Texas, Houston specifically unlike Nigeria where it’s like one of they most common SUV. The rate at which they drive Benz here ehn!! But G wagon is not common? I don’t think it’s a price issue

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2018
pipz:

Bro... it seems ur in the US. just wondering why don’t they drive the Toyota Land Cruiser. And why is the Mercedes Benz G wagon not common in Texas, Houston specifically unlike Nigeria where it’s like one of they most common SUV. The rate at which they drive Benz here ehn!! But G wagon is not common? I don’t think it’s a price issue

It's simple.

Nigerians are into packaging. Americans are not.

On one of my trips last year, between Murtala Airport and my house in Ibadan, I saw three Rolls Royce. I live in Los Angeles and I did not see a Rolls Royce on the street all of last year and I haven't seen one this year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by nams77: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2018
kingreign:

the last time I checked a 2003 Honda civic LX model had steering airbag, passenger airbag, thoracic airbag and full curtain airbags. Honda has earned consistent good consistent high safety marks.
go pick up a European corolla altis it's same thing. I'm not talking about the American spec taxi corolla or Camry.
Pls does the Civic 2001-2004 has leg problem (ball joint/. Thank you sir.
CC: ikpumadu
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2018
nams77:

no.

for ball joint issue, every car that has ball joints can fail when these ball joint are worn out and not replaced or if they're driven consistently thru very terribly rough terrain. the accord ball joint issue is caused by negligence on the part of owner, dishonesty on the part of the seller of the part and also bad work practice on the part of the mechanic.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by BERNIMOORE: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2018
linked:
Bro.. not when you are already in motion... the overdrive in the C180 is a killer!.. the funny thing is the C180 got a sport mode...you can switch between sport and normal... When you ride on the sport mode even at 160km/per hour you car keeps accelerating on overdrive when you push on the throttle you watch you speedometer hitting 180km... and counting... Brother! that car is close to complete engineering.
Agreed, I have driven the s450 and s550 4matic jeep really they are machines, but my point is Benz are heavier yes with good tyre balancing but the Toyota is light and makes you feel like doing Nothing, when you drive these Benz you're looking serious because the way the gear transmits seems as if the car is about to fly of ground with a pu-pu-pu-rrrr bass-sound while Toyota would do the same thing without you hearing a sound, i prefer any Camry 2009 Avalon That balanced minimal sound fuel consumption with comfort.... Balance is the keyword here

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:23am On Jan 15, 2018
bishopkay:

grin then if by mistake you drive the V6 version of the W202 my brother... You'd not want to drop ooo. I've driven it only once and oh how she purrs; how she moves...just imagine a sexy stripper giving you a dance grin cool hmmm I plan to always have one in my garage

I would love to have that heavenly feeling...I have soft spot for Benz...they are reliable, they don't break your heart or dump you in middle of nowhere ...I would love the v6 version, let me handle and finger her

I would be anticipating that experience...Benz is the love of my heart

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2018
kingreign:

no.

for ball joint issue, every car that has ball joints can fail when these ball joint are worn out and not replaced or if they're driven consistently thru very terribly rough terrain. the accord ball joint issue is caused by negligence on the part of owner, dishonesty on the part of the seller of the part and also bad work practice on the part of the mechanic.

Excuses....why always Honda , why ! It just embarrassed my friend at village this Xmas...he just took a delivery of the EOD and the car pulled in the market place....a car he just took delivery....we looked at him and my cousin said...Honda is a car he can't touch ..we just doomed off with our car

Forget the excuse....when was the last time you saw a Benz front tire pull ?

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by bishopkay: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

I would love to have that heavenly feeling...I have soft spot for Benz...they are reliable, they don't break your heart or dump you in middle of nowhere ...I would love the v6 version, let me handle and finger her

I would be anticipating that experience...Benz is the love of my heart
Bros you too funny Abeg cheesy grin finger ni, toe ko grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:28am On Jan 15, 2018
nams77:

The truth is that we drive those Japanese cars because they are cheap but my dad would say cheap things aren't cheap after all...those cars are utility cars If you can afford a diamler or Benz...pls go for it ...it's what we call premium car

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by nams77: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2018
kingreign:

no.

OK sir. But why are Honda cars herein Nigeria plagued with such terrible problem. I don't stay abroad but me think this same issue is not rampart in US (I may be wrong). But Honda's own is just too common.
The reason why I asked is because I heard the Civic is somehow exempted from this ball joint ish.Tnx.
CC: egunmogaji
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2018
bishopkay:

Bros na so....you won't understand how the interior or a c class seat will hug you and the seat is so comfortable that it hugs you.. the steering is so free that you can handle her as if you are doing the breast if a virgin m. The view from a driver side is nice that you can see everything ...oh I forget to tell you that the steering comes with a suspension system and the body doesn't rust easily

Just like when you meet a woman with a nice nipples...you would always want to have a good hold of her...that is the experience with a Benz ..the c class is great. I haven't driven a G Wag though...I hope to do so one day

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:32am On Jan 15, 2018
bishopkay:

How

bishopkay:

Bros na so....you won't understand how the interior or a c class seat will hug you and the seat is so comfortable that it hugs you.. the steering is so free that you can handle her as if you are doing the breast if a virgin m. The view from a driver side is nice that you can see everything ...oh I forget to tell you that the steering comes with a suspension system and the body doesn't rust easily

Just like when you meet a woman with a nice nipples...you would always want to have a good hold of her...that is the experience with a Benz ..the c class is great. I haven't driven a G Wag though...I hope to do so one day

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Excuses....why always Honda , why ! It just embarrassed my friend at village this Xmas...he just took a delivery of the EOD and the car pulled in the market place....a car he just took delivery....we looked at him and my cousin said...Honda is a car he can't touch ..we just doomed off with our car

Forget the excuse....when was the last time you saw a Benz front tire pull ?
3 days ago in umuahia. two tyres faced different direction. negligent owner driving worn out part, bad technician and fake part exchanging hands causes Honda ball joints to go bad
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by bishopkay: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
Agreed, I have driven the s450 and s550 4matic jeep really they are machines, but my point is Benz are heavier yes with good tyre balancing but the Toyota is light and makes you feel like doing Nothing, when you drive these Benz you're looking serious because the way the gear transmits seems as if the car is about to fly of ground with a pu-pu-pu-rrrr bass-sound while Toyota would do the same thing without you hearing a sound, i prefer any Camry 2009 Avalon That balanced minimal sound fuel consumption with comfort.... Balance is the keyword here

Bros maybe Na very old or dying S450 or S550 you drive oo grin grin and for the records they are both sedans. The S class trim is a sedan not SUV.
The cars are heavy reason why they are mostly built with the 4matic drive train. How many Benz have you heard about that just sommersaulted during motion? I'm just trying to tell you where Toyota's technology ends, Benz throws light on more

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2018
kingreign:
3 days ago in umuahia. two tyres faced different direction. negligent owner driving worn out part, bad technician and fake part exchanging hands causes Honda ball joints to go bad

And that is exactly why I can't touch that brand apart from the small engines that some are even aluminum and light body with light sheet....who wants a car that can pull out anytime

Just negodu
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

When you're going through a divorce here in the US and you're a Man and you're unlucky enough to be divorcing a white woman in Texas, then it's best that you're perceived as a sad wounded bird. That they've finished you completely and you have no more hope so they can leave some meat on your bone.

I understand, Bro. I know women clean guys out in divorce cases with the support of the Law in America. What you just said reminds me of Mike Tyson's rape case. I read " he came across as a rude, arrogant prick who felt no one could refuse him"

His attitude antagonized the jury. If i am ever in those shoes, would shed crocodile tears and lie through my teeth about my undying love.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sapitolistic: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2018
My C.CLASS MERCEDES BENZ... this car made me forget my other car. A very strong car indeed. I bet you, if you drive benz, you will reject other cars.[color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by kingreign(m): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

And that is exactly why I can't touch that brand apart from the small engines that some are even aluminum and light body with light sheet....who wants a car that can pull out anytime

Just negodu

na Benz pull off.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2018
kingreign:

na Benz pull off.

Really surprising from a don. I put up a post the 3 pointed star W202 and ur comparism has been flawed so far. Compare the 1997 C class with a 1997 Honda or Toyota, then tell us which outlived it's time, thats how to make a healthy comparison.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Wonder Of Seat Belts / Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? / Check Out The Audi A8 5.5 With Rice Cooker, Exclusive Only For Japan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.