Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. (9451 Views)

Shall We Call Down Fire On Our Enemies? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by RexTramadol1: 11:15am On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Why is the old testament different from the new testament?
Who is Jesus?
Is Jesus God?

The old testament is the book of the law.....more of like saying.....if u do dis, dis is the consequence

For example: Taking a three year old out and telling him ow to cross the road, if you cross without looking, a car might hit you......he doesn't understand what u mean

So, what the new testament brings is harmony, those laws are cancelled, there is grace that is overreaching through Christ..... God does not punish you for misdeeds any longer, anything suffered on earth isn't God's wrath ( it is suspended), d devil only plays on minds of those that are skeptical

Now to if Jesus is God....hmmm

All I can say is, If your dad is Mr Ollah

And you are Ollah Junior.

Are you also Ollah?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by enilove(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

You pray for them to be saved. When they are saved, you will see the best in them.

I asked whether you will pray for Islam to be able to carry out its purpose and not for the Muslims.

Also , have you for once kneel down and pray that Leah Shuab should be released ?
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Nnamdiojukwu: 11:21am On Jul 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:

The emboldened is flawed and in the olden days, part of that law is the one that says adulterous women should be stoned, but what did Jesus do when an adulterous woman was about to be stoned?

The new testament is the real thing

The old testament was only pointing towards the real thing which was Christ.
So we should discard old tastement?
No part of the Bible is invalid my brother.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:

The old testament is the book of the law.....more of like saying.....if u do dis, dis is the consequence

For example: Taking a three year old out and telling him ow to cross the road, if you cross without looking, a car might hit you......he doesn't understand what u mean

So, what the new testament brings is harmony, those laws are cancelled, there is grace that is overreaching through Christ..... God does not punish you for misdeeds any longer, anything suffered on earth isn't God's wrath ( it is suspended), d devil only plays on minds of those that are skeptical

Now to if Jesus is God....hmmm

All I can say is, If your dad is Mr Ollah

And you are Ollah Junior.

Are you also Ollah?

So old testament uses old laws whike new uses new laws through Jesus.

Who is Jesus?
Is Jesus God?

Straight forward answers only
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

We were commanded by Jesus to pray for our enemies. We are Christians because we ought to live like Him. Christianity means Christ-like, people who live like Christ. Alot of Christians have lost it. They pray 'die by fire'. I wonder the religion they are practicing.
Can you please read Luke 19:27 ....Jesus himself said bring those enemies that don't want me to be king over them and kill them before me.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Originalsly: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2018
Hmmm.... Britain's harboring enemies.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Copied from CBN...

.. Did Olga love those who wronged her? Instead of asking prayer that the injured man be healed, Olga could have asked that God punish them for their wicked ways.

Would that have been a Christ-like attitude? No. What did Jesus do the night He was arrested and Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's slave? That slave was an enemy of Jesus, but Luke tells us, "But Jesus said, 'Enough of this!' He touched the man's ear and healed him" (Luke 22:51).

We want to be like Jesus who loved His enemies and forgave them. In Matthew 5:44 He said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." And again in Matthew 6:15, "If you do not forgive others, then your Father in heaven will not forgive the wrongs you have done."

Love is the greatest Christian virtue. First Corinthians 13:13 tells us, "Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love."

Christians should love God first. He will in turn put His love in our hearts so we can love both friends and enemies. "Jesus answered, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind'" (Matthew 22:37).

"And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34). Memorize this verse and repeat it often, remembering that a believer's most important responsibility to God and to His fellowman is love.

Memory Verses
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:43-45

Kill them before they kill you.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by realmindz: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

Is Islam not enemy of Christianity ?

Can you pray for Islam , whose agenda is to kill Christianity and force your children to serve Satan?

When your enemy is blessed. he will not leave you alone neither will he help you but will oppress you till you die.

WHERE IS LEAH SHUAB ? That is the work of an enemy.

Satan is the god of Islam who has succeeded in caging all the Muslims and is using them to fight the Christians world wide.

Our real enemy is Satan and his agents of darkness , you have to pray against them and spoil their plans.

Well said, let's pray for the utter destruction of our enemies just as Jehovah destroyed all his enemies including little babies, women, cattle, donkeys, oxen etc..

Same way jehovah will destroy all his enemies that refused to acknowledge his greatness in the everlasting lake of hell...to be tortured forever till the ends of time
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by realmindz: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2018
Bidobado:

Kill them before they kill you.

Kill them all... Same way Jehovah killed his enemies in the Bible
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by ollah2: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2018
realmindz:

Well said, let's pray for the utter destruction of our enemies just as Jehovah destroyed all his enemies including little babies, women, cattle, donkeys, oxen etc..

Same way jehovah will destroy all his enemies that refused to acknowledge his greatness in the everlasting lake of hell...to be tortured forever till the ends of time

Lol but Jehovah is clean and Allah is a devil. Christians are special set of zombies
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by realmindz: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Lol but Jehovah is clean and Allah is a devil. Christians are special set of zombies

Only Jehovah is allowed to kill... He owns us all, he can kill whomeevr he wish to kill and spare whomever he desire to spare.

Don't question him or face his wrath
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Kingstanding: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=JesusSonOfGod post=63971107]

We were commanded by Jesus to pray for our enemies. We are Christians because we ought to live like Him. Christianity means Christ-like, people who live like Christ. Alot of Christians have lost it. They pray 'die by fire'. I wonder the religion they are practicing. [/quote God will bless you.99% of our Churches now didn't follow what is in the Bible. And those pastors know that people like to be hearing prayer like,holy ghost fire all my enemies. Only Jesus can save
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by enilove(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
hope4nigeria:
you have no ideal of enemy they are talking about here! Not the neighbor who keep mealies with you, how do you pray for Fulani herdsmen who comes when you're sleeping to slaughter you, boko haram who will burn you inside church even when you don't even know them. Enemies should be differentiate, you must pray against determined enemy

The truth is that all these people saying that one needs to pray for the enemies are full of evil themselves.

These are the ones when someone obstructs them on the road while driving are quick to curse and abuse the driver of the other vehicle. These are the ones that abuse and curse when slightly provoked.

They don't understand that the real enemy you can pray against and God will answer you is the devil and his workers of darkness.
The churches praying against enemies are not daft , they know that the devil is the enemy.

Also , any human being who has decided to follow Satan , the Satanist , is an enemy and should not be prayed for but against. It is now left to God to deliver such or terminate his life.

JESUS DID NOT PRAY FOR JUDAS ISCARIOT , HE PRONOUNCED CURSE UPON HIM.

Any man who is determined to destroy your life or terminate your life or your children is not an ordinary enemy but an agent of darkness , that should be prayed against .

Ask how many of them remembered Leah Shuab in their prayers .

We all have enemies , who are family members , neighbours , co- workers etc who for one reason or the other don't like us and would not agree with us. Some would never even help you to close your gate against danger if you not around. Some will even wish evil should befall you . All these ones should be prayed for. They are ordinary person like me and you. They hate us for one reason or the other , but they are not witches nor wizards . They are not satanist.
Prayers against these ones cannot work. No one is calling these ones enemies. These are the one Jesus told us to pray for.

Thanks , I agree with your post.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by nathdim: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
anataala:
Islam is not enemy to chiristianity Jesus is loved and cherished in Islam as well a complete chapter named suratul Maryam was in the Qur'an in fact if you want to know the first miracle of Jesus please read it. The first miracle of Jesus peace be unto him
was not captured on the bible. luote author=JesusSonOfGod post=69600827]

You pray for them to be saved. When they are saved, you will see the best in them.
am not a religious person but that's utter nonsense how do you expect somebody in his write mind to believe the word of a cave man who never saw Jesus rewriting his story 600 years after his stay on earth telling you 1 angel Gabriel he saw in the Bible reappeared to him that smells like bull crap
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by enilove(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=Kingstanding post=69602836][/quote]

Did Jesus pray for Judas Iscariot?

Matthew 26:21-24 KJV
And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. [22] And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? [23] And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. [24] The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by OShepherd: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
CHRISTIANS IN MY COUNTRY ARE ALWAYS PRAYING THAT THEIR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE.

THEY BELIEVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY THE ENEMIES (VILLAGE PEOPLE).

-OH, YOU DIDN'T DO TOO WELL IN YOUR EXAMS? BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES.
-YOUR KID LEFT THE GAS COOKER ON AND IT LED TO A FIRE INCIDENT THAT BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE? THE ENEMIES AGAIN.
-YOU PAY LITTLE ATTENTION TO YOUR CAR AND NEGLECT THE VALUABLE PARTS.. BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES WHEN YOUR TIRE BURSTS ON THE HIGHWAY.
-YOUR MARRIAGE IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF PRIDE AND MISUNDERSTANDING? THE ENEMIES ARE AT WORK SURELY.
-YOU WOKE UP LATE AND MISSED AN IMPORTANT INTERVIEW? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU OVERSLEEP.
-YOU GOT EXPELLED FROM THE MINOR SEMINARY FOR EXAM MALPRACTICE? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU NOT TO STUDY AND SEDUCED YOU INTO CHEATING. THE ENEMIES WORSENED THE SITUATION BY USING THE ADMINS TO EXPEL YOU.

IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY BAD SITUATION IS THE WORK OF THE ENEMIES, AND "THAT OLD WIDOW IN THE VILLAGE".

JESUS TAUGHT CHRISTIANS TO LOVE AND PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES, BUT IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY CHRISTIAN IS PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMY, WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE NEXT CHRISTIAN WHO IS ALSO PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMIES -THE NEXT CHRISTIAN PRAYING AGAINST ENEMIES... AND IT GOES ON AND ON IN THIS CYCLE OF NONSENSE SUPERSTITIOUS BULLSHĮT.
[/color][/quote] The unbeatable Truth!
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

Is Islam not enemy of Christianity ?

Can you pray for Islam , whose agenda is to kill Christianity and force your children to serve Satan?

When your enemy is blessed. he will not leave you alone neither will he help you but will oppress you till you die.

WHERE IS LEAH SHUAB ? That is the work of an enemy.

Satan is the god of Islam who has succeeded in caging all the Muslims and is using them to fight the Christians world wide.

Our real enemy is Satan and his agents of darkness , you have to pray against them and spoil their plans.

Why did Jesus not pray for Judas Iscariot but cursed him ?
Why did Jesus pray for Peter and not Judas?

And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
[22] And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
[23] And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
[24] The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
are you the one that tag islam as enemies of Christian. for as a Christian I don't have any enemy. I believe when someone do me wrong, he is only seeing the present, he is not seeing the future. if only he could see what will happen in future, he won't take that wrong steps he took. so I don't have enemies
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by TheUbermensch: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Until they kill you and your loved ones.

God saves but it's your duty to protect yourself before he does.

I won't give anybody any chance. As long as I perceive you to be an enemy, be you Muslim, Christian or whatever, I'd finish you off before you get a chance to come at me.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

I like it when you post.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Kingstanding: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
enilove:

Did Jesus pray for Judas Iscariot?

And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. [22] And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? [23] And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. [24] The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
. What you are saying now is that Jesus said we should curse our enemies isn't. Which kind of Christian are you? If the early Christian prayed that all their enemies should die, Can Apostle Paul will have the grace to write all the epistle he writes in the new testament? Believe it or not you too are enemy to someone,if we should pray that our enemies should die I believe there won't be anyone left again on earth. Lord Jesu forgive my enemies and give them the grace to know you more Amen.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
anataala:
Islam is not enemy to chiristianity Jesus is loved and cherished in Islam as well a complete chapter named suratul Maryam was in the Qur'an in fact if you want to know the first miracle of Jesus please read it. The first miracle of Jesus peace be unto him
was not captured on the bible. luote author=JesusSonOfGod post=69600827]

the first miracle of Jesus cannot be captured in the Quran. please don't go there
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ARE Y'ALL FROM CROATIA?

BECAUSE CHRISTIANS IN MY COUNTRY ARE ALWAYS PRAYING THAT THEIR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE.

THEY BELIEVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY THE ENEMIES (VILLAGE PEOPLE).

-OH, YOU DIDN'T DO TOO WELL IN YOUR EXAMS? BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES.
-YOUR KID LEFT THE GAS COOKER ON AND IT LED TO A FIRE INCIDENT THAT BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE? THE ENEMIES AGAIN.
-YOU PAY LITTLE ATTENTION TO YOUR CAR AND NEGLECT THE VALUABLE PARTS.. BLAME IT ON THE ENEMIES WHEN YOUR TIRE BURSTS ON THE HIGHWAY.
-YOUR MARRIAGE IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF PRIDE AND MISUNDERSTANDING? THE ENEMIES ARE AT WORK SURELY.
-YOU WOKE UP LATE AND MISSED AN IMPORTANT INTERVIEW? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU OVERSLEEP.
-YOU GOT EXPELLED FROM THE MINOR SEMINARY FOR EXAM MALPRACTICE? THE ENEMIES MADE YOU NOT TO STUDY AND SEDUCED YOU INTO CHEATING. THE ENEMIES WORSENED THE SITUATION BY USING THE ADMINS TO EXPEL YOU.

IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY BAD SITUATION IS THE WORK OF THE ENEMIES, AND "THAT OLD WIDOW IN THE VILLAGE".

JESUS TAUGHT CHRISTIANS TO LOVE AND PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES, BUT IN THIS COUNTRY EVERY CHRISTIAN IS PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMY, WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE NEXT CHRISTIAN WHO IS ALSO PRAYING AGAINST HIS ENEMIES -THE NEXT CHRISTIAN PRAYING AGAINST ENEMIES... AND IT GOES ON AND ON IN THIS CYCLE OF NONSENSE SUPERSTITIOUS BULLSHĮT.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Tirigbosaaaaa!!! for you! this is the truth, the truth and nothing but the truth!! i salute ooo!

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by JesusSonOfGod: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
I like it when you post.

Thanks a lot. God bless you and increase our knowledge in Him.
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dottore:
Would u still pray for your enemies when you watch them behead close members of your family, burn your house and shop then as a friendly part on the back the amputate one of your hand and your leg. Just asking?
yes I will pray for them. the first litmus test for us as Christian, is to forgive. many of us will never experience God in a certain level, until we learn how forgive no matter what is at stake.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
RexTramadol1:

I'm on the 50th floor, they are on the last floor....... Their hands can't move close to my head.
thank you very much. that was why I said I don't have enemies

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Thanks a lot. God bless you and increase our knowledge in Him.
Amen

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
cappinjerry:
Why do you pray for your enemies to die when you can kill them. Just save your god the stress and do it yourself. Anuofia
very funny post. though I don't like the killing part, but is funny
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by delkuf(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Until they kill you and your loved ones.

God saves but it's your duty to protect yourself before he does.

I won't give anybody any chance. As long as I perceive you to be an enemy, be you Muslim, Christian or whatever, I'd finish you off before you get a chance to come at me.
so it your duty to protect yourself. if God should remove His of protection on life, do you have the power to secure your life for one minute. please mind you say. there is power in the tongue
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by akdjr(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Win them to Christ.

1 Like

Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
Chritians are the most confused bunch of sanctimonious hyporcrites especially African Christians
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by Dottore: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
delkuf:
yes I will pray for them. the first litmus test for us as Christian, is to forgive. many of us will never experience God in a certain level, until we learn how forgive no matter what is at stake.
Now u see why we have problems in this country. Lip service everywhere
Re: What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. by GeniusDavid(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
The Israelites never prayed for their territorial enemies. Earlier you realise the war out there is Eat or be Eaten the better for you. Spiritual intelligence is rare I must say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Sinful Giver Vs Repentant Non Giver.. Who's The Real Christian? / Pictures Of Black Women With Big Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.