Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,689 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (9324 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2023
After the Outer-call or on the radio, after preaching, the preacher would ask those who wish to give their lives to Jesus to repeat certain words after him calling Jesus into their lives. Is this right and Baptism not neccesary?

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hhansome(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2023
grin

I am from a Christian home. I honestly believe in God but not in the way of African.

Una never want tell us the truth of what is in the bible.

Bible is doctored!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2023
Hhansome:
grin

I am from a Christian home. I honestly believe in God but not in the way of African.

Bible is doctored!
The Bible is meant to be read, go and read it adequately to find out the Truth in it.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by BigDawsNet: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2023
It's very necessary.. if you want to dine with Jesus christ in Heaven

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by gift2xl: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2023
Necessary

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Odunharry(m): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Once you confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior, then you are saved.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by corlin2(m): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Hhansome:
grin

Bible is doctored!

Look at the world around and compare it to what’s in the Bible.
The word of God is Truth

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by AmGreat1234: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2023
It's not only necessary but very important.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Puss360(f): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Hypocrisy is too much in Nigeria abeg....
Girl go collect communion on Sunday, that same week, still give her guy BJ....
Pastor go baptize church member wey him dey sleep with....
We are humans, we don't know what's going on behind our backs... Yet people wants us to trust pastors and religion.. How na?
Dem say God go open our eyes to see fake pastors... But as no money, the fake ones get money pass... Why we no go follow them...

I no dey baptize anything oo... But I go dey look... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tunapa2009(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Baptism is a physical evidence of dying and rising with Christ. It is a "public announcement" of aligning with Christ.

May God strengthen us to walk perfectly in His pathway.

(Note: It is not a criterion to make heaven).

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by adehsenior(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Act chapter 2:37-38 tells us that baptism is for the remission of sins. So baptism is necessary for salvation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by YungTemy(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2023
So Muslims or followers of other religions worshiping the Almighty God, who haven't been baptized, aren't eligible for Salvation?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by adehsenior(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

The Bible is meant to be read, go and read it adequately to find out the Truth in it.

Perfectly said sir, 2Tim 2:15 says we should study to show ourselves approved.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2023
YungTemy:
So Muslims that didn't baptized aren't eligible to Salvation?

No Muslim is eligible for Heaven. Not one. Unless confession to salvation through Jesus Christ is made. Before you argue, Divinity doesn't tally along with logic.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Akaegwu(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2023
Baptism simple mean, initiation into christiany.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by maramara: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2023
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to God except through him.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Righthussle: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2023
Odunharry:
Once you confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior, then you are saved.

Saved from what exactly?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Mrcashit: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2023
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me to know more about the course and my mentorship style .
Remember, this is just to help you . Act fast and grab the few slot remaining

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tctrills: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Odunharry:
This is clearly your opinion and you are entitled to it. Now let's read what your Lord Jesus Christ taught.
John 3.5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

7 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Afromentalist: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2023
No such thing as salvation. It is a control mechanism to subdue the naive.

If we die to live forever, why not live forever directly without dying ?

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by obonujoker(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2023
It's advisable. To fulfil all righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 9:59am On Jul 30, 2023
YungTemy:
So Muslims or followers of other religions worshiping the Almighty God, who haven't been baptized, aren't eligible for Salvation?
No way, but they shall be judged according to their deeds. 'And, “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” 1 Peter 4:18. '
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:25.

6 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by talented321: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2023
If wisdom was a human being'''
Puss360:
Hypocrisy is too much in Nigeria abeg....
Girl go collect communion on Sunday, that same week, still give her guy BJ....
Pastor go baptize church member wey him dey sleep with....
We are humans, we don't know what's going on behind our backs... Yet people wants us to trust pastors and religion.. How na?
Dem say God go open our eyes to see fake pastors... But as no money, the fake ones get money pass... Why we no go follow them...

I no dey baptize anything oo... But I go dey look... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2023
Afromentalist:

Why don't you read the Bible from the beginning to find out why we died in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by workchopNG: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2023
Wodu89:

No Muslim is eligible for Heaven. Not one. Unless confession to salvation through Jesus Christ is made. Before you argue, Divinity doesn't tally along with logic.

You sound so confident. The thought of God is not the thought of man, don't be the judge. Like, how do you feel saying this? Proud or happy? That billions of people will not make heaven because they were born into another religion unwillingly...

Believe it or not, if you were not born a Christian, it's 99.99% impossible for you to confess Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Hanndye: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2023
Righthussle:

Saved from what exactly?
Saved from hell.

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Righthussle: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2023
Hanndye:

Saved from hell.

Save me from Which of of the hells?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by justli: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2023
YungTemy:

How did you know it's the Almighty God?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2023
Righthussle:

Saved from what exactly?

The consequences of sin. Eternal death and seperation from God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by justli: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2023
Afromentalist:

That's a question for you to ponder. Why don't we live forever? Can you tell us? Can you tell us why we die? You can't, yet you reject the only answer available to you
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Wodu89: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2023
workchopNG:

You sound so confident. The thought of God is not the thought of man, don't be the judge. Like, how do you feel saying this? Proud or happy? That billions of people will not make heaven because they were born into another religion unwillingly...

Believe it or not, if you were not born a Christian, it's 99.99% impossible for you to confess Jesus Christ.

I'm confident because I have deep knowledge of His words. He word says the spiritual man judges all things but He himself isn't judged.

I've been blessed with visions of the judgment room after death and can vividly depict it. I still had invite from Hevean last year when I was invited to witness the judgment of a saint and to intercede with the person to change before she dies.

I know the Lord, His will and His heart

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Lord Giveth And The Lord Taketh? / This Is Getting More Funny / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.