Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams (16283 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Overpowered While Trying To Blow Up Mosque. Photo / We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / Kwara Youths Threaten To Recall Saraki, Accuse Him Of Pursuing Personal Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 08, 2018
smiley
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:20am On Jan 08, 2018
let them blow it
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Abfinest007(m): 9:20am On Jan 08, 2018
they want to start eir own militancy now
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by AlphaStyles(m): 9:22am On Jan 08, 2018
see them mumu blow up the electrical house and the power you seek for you won't even smell it

mumu
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by netqin: 9:22am On Jan 08, 2018
power situation 4 9ja tie wrappa....but If them blow am up na back to prehistoric tins o
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Harrynight(m): 9:23am On Jan 08, 2018
Jokers!!!
Herdsmen nor B'Haram annouce it before they starts their attacks
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by emma321(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2018
Alright

How effective Catch-Up Sleep could be

http://anstalk.com/how-effective-catch-up-sleep-could-be/
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by hmabdool(m): 9:28am On Jan 08, 2018
sarrki:
To be sincere

Niger state is pathetic

They have kainji, Jebba and Shirroro yet wallow in darkness

I tell u sir, state capital Minna receives only 5 to 6 hours of electricity in a day, while the rest is been diverted to Abuja where they enjoy 22-24 hours of electricity

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by crispus09(m): 9:31am On Jan 08, 2018
hehe anoda gbege
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by jetz(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2018
there's a conspiracy that the organizers of the protest will be picked up by dss during todays protest, it was leaked out n hence protest was postponed again na only God fit help this failed country called naija...citizens dont even ve rights
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
jaymejate:
Let's see if they will do operation Scorpion dance for them too.
grin cheesy.lion dance loading
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by LordAdam16: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
9jakohai:

For once you Nigerians should stop blaming poor power supply on some amorphous body called our 'leaders'.

Power, both at generation and distribution has been in private hands since 2014. GEJ offered you guys the chance to say no to privatization, and you all kept quiet.

Second, we need billions of dollars to guarantee 24/7 light. We need investments upward of 15bn USD for the next few years to fix transmission, fix power generation, etc.

And the fact is, even at full capacity, 7000mw is not going to give Nigeria light 24/7....when Lagos town needs 10000MW alone.

Finally, we Nigerians aggravate the problem by not paying our bills , by bypassing the prepaid meters, by chasing DISCO officers when they come to enforce bill payment, by bribing DISCO guys too. How can you get servicies you are not paying for? Yes, govt agencies are guilty of same, but so are millions of Nigerians.

And the bills we pay aren't even enough. And we are not even earning enough from oil..we need oil to be at $139 per barrel to have a budget free from borrowing.....to fund power.

So, if you want to blame govt for power..go ahead. Blame yourself too.

P.S...Blowing up the dams won't make a difference....it would only make things worse....drives away investors, plus we would have to take a big fat loan to fix things.

Mate don't blame Nigerians solely.

The power issue is everyone's fault.

And privatization is best for that sector, else na d same refinery drama go continue for that sector.

The NIPP was designed by Obasanjo to add about 4000MW. Till date the government has been expended over $20b on that project, we are just over 60% completion. China spent $25b on a 22,000MW plant.

Next year, it'd be 15 years since the 4000MW project was conceived. China finished their 22,000MW project in 9 years.

So tell me why GEJ shouldn't have privatized power? If you have goats in a barn, you don't store yam there. Common sense.

Buhari who thought he could store yam in a barn where goats are, are the goats not making him look st*pid?

The power sector is hopeless. Let's just fix the metering issue and complete ongoing generating plant projects, and then take stock.

Nigeria does not even have the money to fix the power problem. That $15b you said would only generate 9000 MW at best (that's without corruption). Generate only. Transmission and distribution is out of the picture. And it's not enough for Lagos. It's not even up to 10% of the demand of manufacturers right now.

Yet our budget, as huge as it is is no more than $30b. And at least $21b of that money is for recurrent expenditure. The remaining $9b is for power, housing, roads, security, education... And we can't even balance our books, so in reality, we never really get up to $9b for those things.

The problem I can point out about power is that everyone avoids stating the ugly facts. Politicians continue to sell hope, because let's face it, who'd vote for the person who says our power issue can't be solved in next 4 years (people would just assume he's not ready to do anything). The people want a miracle worker. The business men and civil servants don't give a f*ck, there's free money to be had.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by farihafaheemah(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2018
9jakohai:

For once you Nigerians should stop blaming poor power supply on some amorphous body called our 'leaders'.

Power, both at generation and distribution has been in private hands since 2014. GEJ offered you guys the chance to say no to privatization, and you all kept quiet.

Second, we need billions of dollars to guarantee 24/7 light. We need investments upward of 15bn USD for the next few years to fix transmission, fix power generation, etc.

And the fact is, even at full capacity, 7000mw is not going to give Nigeria light
24/7....when Lagos town needs 10000MW alone.

Finally, we Nigerians aggravate the problem by not paying our bills , by bypassing the prepaid meters, by chasing DISCO officers when they come to enforce bill payment, by bribing DISCO guys too. How can you get servicies you are not paying for? Yes, govt agencies are guilty of same, but so are millions of Nigerians.

I disagree with you on the issue of bill been served by disco, how do I expect me to pay 15k, 10k, 7k per month while the maximum number of hours I was given light was 8 hours. How do I pay for service I don't enjoy. Let disco serves all their customer pre-paid meter and carry out proper monitoring. It is very unfortunate the company that acquired all PHCN do not have financial capacity todistribute pre-paid meter.

Those who are bypassing could face the law and jail them. I'm not in support of cheating. Let everybody pay for his or her services he / she enjoy.

And the bills we pay aren't even enough. And we are not even earning enough from oil..we need oil to be at $139 per barrel to have a budget free from borrowing.....to fund power.

P.S...Blowing up the dams won't make a difference....it would only make things worse....drives away investors, plus we would have to take a big fat loan to fix things.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Winner2017: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
do you worry about how much time you spend on monitoring your education institution? With UC-School Management System, your worry is over.

Well if it is even 40% of your days’ time you are spending too much time on it. Here at Counterhouse with a unique software solution for all your Educational institution needs.

• We never compromise on quality and service to our customers.
• We have highly qualified staff who will guide you with best ideas by keeping in constant touch.
• We have been popular among our contemporaries with excellent track record for super customer satisfaction.

Why UC-School Software?

UC-School is a cloud based Software that is easy to operate using PCs/Laptops/Tablets/Smart Phones.
UC-School improves efficiency by saving your institution time and money.
UC-School allows the School/College to maintain the information securely in the cloud and can be accessed at anytime from anywhere. This reduces the use of paper.
UC-School provides streamlined communication system so that parents, teachers and administrators can all work together.
UC-School supports lesson planning and tracking that allows the Parents to know the portions covered and yet to be covered at any point in time.

Features of UC-School Software
• Dashboards • Internal Messaging
• Activity logging • Events & Calendar
• Events & Calendar
• Export module • Notify
• Student
• Examination • Fees • Attendance
• SMS • Complaint • Timetable
• Reports • Teachers • Courses
• Online Enrollment • Module Management
• Parents
• User role module • Import module
• Download
• Backup

Benefits of using UC-School:

• Reducing Paper Costs:

1. Schools run on paper.
2. From student files to applications to report cards, paper is major expense that most educational institutions struggle with.
3. This gives the schools and colleges a great potential to save thousands on paper alone and makes them eco-friendly to boot.

• Reducing Employee Hours:

1. Automation reduces working hours.
2. If you’re relying on hourly employees to do the tasks that have now been computerized, let UC-School do the heavy lifting that can save the Schools from spending money on overtime salary by switching to UC-School.

• Reducing Meeting time:

1. No educational institution can function without regular meetings.
2. UC-School provides streamlined communication system so that parents, teachers and administrators can all work together – while saving the time spent for face-to-face meetings.
Please see a brief video about our UC-School at the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2FqR1LAM4
We will be pleased to offer you a pilot run for your school so that you and your team can experience the ease and the benefit of using our software. We appreciate your confirmation for the same and look forward to hearing from you.

Should you require any further information, or wish to discuss any aspect of this letter of introduction, please contact Gbenga Oladimeji on telephone number 0907 733 0178; or by email: gbenga.oladimeji@counterhouseconsultants.com.

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Mouthpis(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
sarrki:
To be sincere

Niger state is pathetic

They have kainji, Jebba and Shirroro yet wallow in darkness

Mr sarrki

To be honest I have been noticing u for a couple of days/week now, something seems to have changed about u.

I have been following all ur comments on this forum and have noticed a lot.

But like I said up there, there is something different about u recently.

It's the first time I will be quoting u here and I mean no harm, but just noticed that it's like u are now seeing the true pictures of the sufferings of the masses now than before.

I have been following nairaland as far back as 2011, but decided to activate my account/profile just, I think last month.

Pls Nigeria belongs to all of us, let's try to do/say what will move this country forward irrespective of what part of the country we come from or what party we support.

Pls, use ur office/position to bring us all together.

Thank you Mr Sarrki.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Exponental(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
Fools!!!! Blow it up and that will bring electricity. I don't understand how some people think.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by emmie14: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2018
9jakohai:

And the fact is, even at full capacity, 7000mw is not going to give Nigeria light 24/7....when Lagos town needs 10000MW alone.

Were you paid or influenced to vomit these trash? Does it mean that federal government doesn't have $15billon to upgrade electricity?. How can poorer countries like Uganda and Ghana provide regular electricity to their citizens but Nigeria -giant over them can't because you want the price of oil to skyrocket? Meaning non- oil producing countries are not supposed to access electricity. Please bro let us stop soliciting for our lame government since first republic.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by sarrki(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2018
Mouthpis:

Mr sarrki

To be honest I have been noticing u for a couple of days/week now, something seems to have changed about u.

I have been following all ur comments on this forum and have noticed a lot.

But like I said up there, there is something different about u recently.

It's the first time I will be quoting u here and I mean no harm, but just noticed that it's like u are now seeing the true pictures of the sufferings of the masses now than before.

I have been following nairaland as far back as 2011, but decided to activate my account/profile just, I think last month.

Pls Nigeria belongs to all of us, let's try to do/say what will move this country forward irrespective of what part of the country we come from or what party we support.

Pls, use ur office/position to bring us all together.

Thank you Mr Sarrki.

God bless you

I am a patriot

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by LordAdam16: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2018
emmie14:
Were you paid or influenced to vomit these trash? Does it mean that federal government doesn't have $15billon to upgrade electricity?. How can poorer countries like Uganda and Ghana provide regular electricity to their citizens but Nigeria -giant over them can't because you want the price of oil to skyrocket? Meaning non- oil producing countries are not supposed to access electricity. Please bro let us stop soliciting for our lame government since first republic.

Where's the $15b going to come from?

Or do you think they print dollars?

Ghana has just about 28m people. A couple millions larger than Lagos. If Lagos was independent, do you honestly believe they would be having epileptic power? Ghana can't even pay the power loans they've taken and are in a fix now.

I don't make excuses for the government. They've been terrible. But there are no easy answers to the power issues we're facing. And continue passing blames doesn't help.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by LordAdam16: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2018
9jakohai:

Wetin you dey talk about?

Power has not been govt's responsibility since 2014.

Plus, selling electricity to other countries provides.....you guessed it...income for Nigeria.

South Africa sells electricity too....to most of the Southern hemisphere African countries.

Even then...24/7 power needs $300 bn over the next 3 years. Our reserve is $36bn. Chew on that...before you blame govt, past or present.

Even if someone gives us $300b, we would not even be able to build the infrastructure (plants, transmission lines, and distribution structures) for 100,000-150,000 MW in 3 years. That'd take even the US, China, or Japan at least 5 years.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by thunderbabs: 10:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Lol... Electriciry has improved with big grammar, SPORADICALLY all across the country..... Who be d mugu who be d maga in dz country na?
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by potterdon: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Where r the Zombies that were bragging about constant electricity in Nigeria they r suddenly quiet
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by anthony86(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2018
Sometimes I ask myself how did our neighbour countries do it. Go to Benin and Niger or Ghana they have constant power.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Dammylois(f): 10:17am On Jan 08, 2018
Hmmmmn, u never blow am light no dey if U do then I'm not sure it will be fixed till next tenure

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by enigma2007(m): 10:18am On Jan 08, 2018
anthony86:
Sometimes I ask myself how did our neighbour countries do it. Go to Benin and Niger or Ghana they have constant power.

Those countries are smaller. Togo is not even as big as Lagos in landmass.. I think power should be decentralised so that each state can generate and consume what they are producing and sell the excess to the national grid.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by LordAdam16: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2018
stellx:

I beg to disagree with you second paragraph as the government still has substantial shares in power generation though the distribution aspect is wholly commercialized with inefficient players running the show.

Our qualms with the government is that it has failed to provide the regulatory framework to grow the power sector.

Like you did allude, Lagos alone can utilize our total power generation, so why not decentralise the grid network and make the States consume what they generate instead of feeding all power into a national grid system that collapses when power drops below a certain benchmark.

Power in its current arrangement is stalling development of critical sectors of the economy.

Power was privatized in 2014, and privatization is still ongoing, and you expect the regulatory framework of an inherently dysfunctional system to be worked out so quickly.

Most countries around the world have a national grid. China wants to have one. The EU has a massive synchronous grid.

Sure the grid could use a redesign and I'm not saying it's the best, but saying that providing a regulatory framework would solve the issue is tantamount to throwing big words at a problem you can't understand. That'd solve at best 20% of our problems.

States have been allowed for years to have IPPs, how many have a functioning one at the moment?

And Nigeria had an installed capacity of 7000 MW as at 2013. It should be about 10,000MW right now, yet our peak generation on the 6th of January was 3,929.70 MW. The lowest generation on the same day was 173 MW. 173 MW! Would decentralizing the national grid solve that?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Tonytonex(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Don't do that.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Tonytonex(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2018
ABIOLAXYZ:
let them blow it
it's like you are one of them.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Mandem1: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2018
9jakohai:

This is a snippet summary of our power issues, but as usual we Nigerians no go agree with the above assessment of our power problems. How does blowing up hydroelectric dams help resolve Nigeria's power issues?? [/b][b]

1 Like

Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by symbianDON(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2018
if English language will permit me, I would say buhari's government is the 'worstest' government ever on earth. Nigerians are made to pay increased electricity charges, increased fuel costs, increased prices of every commodity in the market, increased transport fares, increased everything......yet the hopeless, useless government just sit there and issue more empty promises!! in case buhari doesn't know, people have been pushed to the wall all over the country. if the youths of this country are wise, in 2019, no current or past politician who has served should be returned to any position. they are all rogues, thieves and wicked people.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by emmie14: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2018
LordAdam16:

Where's the $15b going to come from?

Or do you think they print dollars?

Ghana has just about 28m people. A couple millions larger than Lagos. If Lagos was independent, do you honestly believe they would be having epileptic power? Ghana can't even pay the power loans they've taken and are in a fix now.

I don't make excuses for the government. They've been terrible. But there are no easy answers to the power issues we're facing. And continue passing blames doesn't help.

-Lord
Nigerian politicians can borrow to celebrate birthday. Let they borrow if we can't source funds locally.
Re: Niger State Youths Threaten To Blow Up Hydroelectric Dams by Holorunloseyi(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2018
This country self nawa,why do cause problem for ourselves beliving its to the government,if they blow the damn is it the government that won't have eletricity or the citizenry,boko haram have problem with government kill innocent soul,niger delta destroy pipe line pls the aftermath of all this who suffer govt or citizen

let fight wisely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen / Anyim: Why We Wanted To Impeach Obasanjo — Former Senate President / Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.