Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed (16373 Views)

Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by AreaNews: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2018
TWO prominent northern leaders, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, and Dr Junaid Muhammad, a famous radical frontline politician, have offered insight into how President Muhammadu Buhari can be defeated in the 2019 presidential election.

Yakassai, a former special adviser on National Assembly matters to former President Shehu Shagari, told Sunday Tribune on telephone that one of the ways the opposition can defeat the president is by ensuring that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) conduct a free and fair election and security agencies, especially Department of State Services (DSS) and the police, remain neutral.

According to Yakassai, with the gale of defections from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), what happened in 2015, which led to a change of government, when Buhari defeated former President Goodluck Jonathan, could repeat itself.

“But the only issue now is whether when election comes, President Buhari and his people will behave in the same manner former President Jonathan and his people did by allowing INEC to do its job without fear or favour,” he stated.

The critical issue now, according to him, is whether or not the present government will allow the security agencies to be neutral and INEC also not to be partisan.

“If they do that, what happened in 2015, when the opposition party defeated the ruling party, can equally happen again.

“But my fear is in respect of what happened in Ekiti governorship election and also what recently happened in Benue State, when security operatives allegedly took sides by paving the way for eight members out of 30 members of [House of Assembly] to want to impeach the state governor, Samuel Ortom.

“It was saddening when the police prevented the majority members from attending the meeting in the state House of Assembly, but gave security backing to eight members to make a move to impeach the governor.

“The attitude of security operative is giving me a strong fear that free and acceptable election will not happen in 2019 general election. But if INEC can conduct the forthcoming general election free and fair, there will then be hope for true democracy to triumph,” he said.

Yakassai said it was too early to compare the various personalities who have signified their intentions to vie for the presidency on the various political platforms, especially Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), or their capacity to defeat Buhari in 2019.

But Dr Junaid believes that given what he called the failure of the Buhari government, it will be easy to defeat him.

“I think you are fooling the sensibility of Nigerians by that question [that which of the aspirants has the capacity to defeat the president]. This country’s population is over 200 million and you are telling me there is nobody amongst this huge population who can defeat Buhari?

“What is so special about him that some people would be saying there is no better candidate apart from him? Tell me, what he has he done since he came to power that benefited the teeming masses of this great country?

“What has President Buhari done in the past three years? he queried, “rather than high rate of nepotism being exhibited by his government and whipping up tribal sentiment in appointing people to his cabinet. I do not know what he did.

“He has only been giving preferential treatment to those people who joined him from the South-West. Other than that, tell me what he has done for the country,” he said.

According to him, two factors play a key role in making a candidate to win an election are the political party on the banner of which candidates contest and the popularity of the candidates.

“If the political party is good and is well-organised, that automatically gives half of the victory for such a candidate. The second point is the popularity among the supporters. When we know the actual candidate of the PDP, it is then one will be able to assess his popularity and begin to compare the competence of the platforms,” he said.

Alhaji Yakassai, who spoke to Sunday Tribune on Saturday in Kano, however, noted that the 2015 presidential election was not only between the Buhari and Jonathan, but also between the North and the South; a Christian and a Muslim.

He noted that the factors such as religious leaning and origin of the contestants would no longer be the issues because it is certain that both the APC and PDP would present northerners as presidential standard-bearers.

“However, let us wait and see who PDP will present as its presidential candidate, then one will be able to compare him with incumbent president in terms of capability and capacity to pull weight against President Buhari in the election or not. As you know, the Hausa-Fulani constitutes a large population in the North. The above factors will determine the outcome of election.

“Another issue is that you the media and observers, whether local or foreign, should concentrate attention alone on the conduct of the election and not only when electorate come out and cast their votes.

“What people do not know is that you do not rig election at the level of voting. However, rigging occurs after the voting has ended, especially during counting and collation of election results. Therefore, I wish the media, local and international observers will take note and buy this idea.

“Free and fair election solely depends on credible counting and collation of results, not only supervision of the process of voting alone. The credibility and collation will determine the credibility of the result announced,” he said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/amp/158380/

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by buhariguy(m): 5:44am On Aug 07, 2018
The last time I check, these two criminals voted for ineffectual buffoon.
And they have be a critical critics of buhari good work.
The last time I check, these two criminals were still jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist party PDP members.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Are you people not tired of politic? I think the best thing to be discussing is how poverty, unemployment, security, and many more could be defected. The same PDP promised us heaven and earth n comes APC.
so what do we really benefit from them, nothing. #istandwithnoparty#

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by ORACLE1975(m): 5:51am On Aug 07, 2018
grin
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by chriskosherbal(m): 5:53am On Aug 07, 2018
stuffyG:
Are you people not tired of politic? I think the best thing to be discussing is how poverty, unemployment, security, and many more could be defected. The same PDP promised us heaven and earth n comes APC.
word !!!

See signature
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Aufbauh(m): 5:56am On Aug 07, 2018
For the first time in my life, I'm seeing that the super rich also cry. They're wailing upandan cuz their source of cheap crude gain has been cut off by Mr Buhari.
That's why they're so united by purpose across the country to see that Bubu leave the seat for one of their 'Gbemites'.

No going back to Egypt, the locust years and the buffet regime is over.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by LadyExcellency: 6:22am On Aug 07, 2018
Aufbauh:
For the first time in my life, I'm seeing that the super rich also cry. They're wailing upandan cuz their source of cheap crude gain has been cut off by Mr Buhari.
That's why they're so united by purpose across the country to see that Bubu leave the seat for one of their 'Gbemites'.

I keep hearing you and your colleagues repeating "money has been cut off" by Buhari's government. But non of you can tell where the savings are kept.

Why will someone be rejoicing for economic depression and huge debt levied on future generations by this government?

Please, the question for those still supporting this income and expenditure government is, who is doing well in Nigeria now? Which cooperation is fairing better since assumption of this government except CPC Oligarchs?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by PointZerom: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2018
Aufbauh:

Where's your brain?

22 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by PointZerom: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2018
buhariguy:
The last time I check, these two criminals were still jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist party PDP members.

Stop going to Mazi Ngeneukwenu house for Palm wine, can't you see the damage from your posts?.

cc Lzza Immhotep madridguy

19 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Munzy14(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2018
Absolute truth, even though some minions up there woke on the wrong side of the bed with frustration, trying to vent their anger on the thread.
Buhari should allow inec conduct a free and fair election. And allow media people into the collation rooms hand in hand with the collating officers. Elections are rigged after voting. Again police and DSS should know that most citizens are ready to ride or die with them if they are being used to oppress.
Next year will be tough and rough. Freedom is fought for. and never comes on a platter of gold.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by middlebeltboy: 6:35am On Aug 07, 2018
zombies will tell you show us a candidate that can defeat buhary as if their god has done something tangible ever since he Assumed office

7 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by slimghost(m): 6:55am On Aug 07, 2018
buhariguy:

Last time I checked, you have refused to have sense.

18 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Racoon(m): 7:12am On Aug 07, 2018
“But the only issue now is whether when election comes, President Buhari and his people will behave in the same manner former President Jonathan and his people did by allowing INEC to do its job without fear or favour,” he stated.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by StillX10(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2018
Buhari will fail

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by citizenY(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2018
StillX10:
Buhari will fail

Junaid, the president we never had. Yakasai, the Unintended beneficiary of our bread and butter politics. As they say, an army moves on its stomach.

Continue.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Anegbettedude: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2018
the man must go

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2018
Ok
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by BruncleZuma: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2018
grin
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by kindnyce(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2018
Inconsequential lots.
It's not by wishful thinking!
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Dollabiz: 9:20am On Aug 07, 2018
Ok
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by BlackPeni5: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2018
APC is a useless party. "Buhari is not a thief but the people around him are thieves. He is not corrupt but the people around him are corrupt. "
What kind of rubbish talk is that. If he allows corrupt people to surround him, then he promotes corruption which makes him corrupt.

They made sure he was sent to UK so that he will not be implicated in the illegality they planned for in the National Assembly today.

Mumu sense.

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by maestroferddi: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2018
PointZerom:

Where's your brain?
As in, the dude na olodo raised to the power 10...

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Arshavin02349(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2018
buhariguy:

As far as the killings doesn't cross to the South, and northerners keeps dying in 100s of thousands in the north, Sai Baba till eternity...
� � � � �

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by arsenal33: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2018
Anegbettedude:
the man must go
and who should come? Mumu
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by BlackPeni5: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2018
stuffyG:

Funny guy...so is it religion that will provide all those things or is it politics.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by edupedia: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2018
PointZerom:

Where's your brain?

....and where is yours too?...
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by phase1: 9:41am On Aug 07, 2018
Junaid was a staunch antagonist of GEJ and a darling of APC during GEJ presidency. Today he has gotten power back to the north but can't believe that the much hailed buhari was just a glorified idiot who intimidated people with violence to grab the presidency.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by tinktanker: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2018
stuffyG:
yes o. But is just that #noparty# can never win an election
Re: How Buhari Can Be Defeated —yakassai, Junaid Mohammed by Lovetoglory(m): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2018
hahaha! Oga, Nigerians are wise now that the days of pdp. go to some states, nobody wants to associate with the name 'pdp'. for your mind, becos of defection, pdpd has now won and if they don't win, they will say inec were not fair in their handling and that the election was rigged. the party that is more desperate to win presidential election next year is pdp not even APC. mark it, Baba will win 2019 and your ey go clear. sai Baba 2019
AreaNews:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/amp/158380/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Supports Buhari, Slams Obasanjo 'who Never Did All They Wanted' / I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This / Soludo Reiterates Commitment To Transform Okpoko Urban Slum Of Onitsha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.