Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde’s Fourth Child Michael Speaks On Her Parenting Style - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade Ekeinde’s Fourth Child Michael Speaks On Her Parenting Style (445 Views)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Wizkid Is Expecting His Fourth Child? / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde’s Fourth Child Michael Speaks On Her Parenting Style by princeemmma(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
Actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a mum of four kids

But rarely has one of her kids detailed what life is like having a famous mother - Her second son recently shared how Omotola has raised her children Everyone knows Omotola Jalade the popular Nigerian actress. But little is known about her life as a mother of four. Her fourth child Michael speaking in a recent interview with Punch detailed how she raised him and his siblings. He also spoke about his desire to become a filmmaker or actor in future. Michael further revealed that not only is his mother a disciplinarian, she is also a prayer addict. See excerpts from his interview below:

How he feels being the son of a popular actress
To be quite honest, most of the time, I feel like every other child. My mother is a disciplinarian. She raised her children in a way that gave no room for one to be proud. I am not the child that will enter a place and say, “Hey, my mother is the popular actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde.” I don’t brag about my background. In fact, when I entered secondary school, I did not want anyone to know who my mother is. But they eventually found out.

What language she speaks to her children at home
She speaks Yoruba to us at home. I can’t really speak Yoruba fluently. I remember a week that she didn’t speak English to any one of us. She spoke to us in Yoruba. She wanted us to learn our language.

Has she ever uses the cane to correct or discipline him at any point She does not use the cane to discipline us but when I was much younger, she caned me on my palm. There was a Saturday she asked me if I had cleaned my room. I could not remember whether I had cleaned my room that morning or not. But I told her it was clean. She said, “okay.” I thought she would quietly go to her room but she went straight to my room to confirm. She was mad at me for not telling her the truth.

The major advice has she given him

My mother always emphasises the need to be straightforward in life. She dislikes dishonesty and encourages me to be disciplined. My parents advised us that life is not a bed of roses. They encouraged us to be determined and tackle any hardship that comes to our ways.

Unknown things about his mother
My mother is a prayer addict. You need to see her Bible. Many people don’t know she is from a Muslim background. She was a Muslim. She converted to Christianity when she was in secondary school or thereabouts. She is also very close to God and attributes her success to Him.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video:traffic Was Stopped For Lady Wearing Bikini To Take Photos In Lagos / Violence Breaks Out At DJ Kaywise’s JOOR Show: Halts Performances By Tiwa, Badoo / Photos From Davido's 30billion Concert In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.