Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall (15889 Views)

Malami Asks Makinde To Dissolve LG Caretaker Chairmen / Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by Stakekay1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
This is unbelievable and highly ridiculous for a government that brands itself as apostle of anti corruption

4 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by Firstorderwizard(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Which percentile does Maina belong to

3 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
Fighting corruption my foot

3 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by odogwubiafra: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
In fact, one of Buhari's cows for better pass am l swear. Where is Buhari's brain, or does he even have one?

5 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by Tomoyayi(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ishilove:
What bold, reckless and pompous shamelessness! What dangerous and audacious arrogance!! What a disgraceful indictment of the futility and fraudulence of this government's anti-corruption 'fight'!!!!! angry

grin

5 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by eagleeye2: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
honey001:
Why? This Malami guy should be fired.... he has so much skeleton in his cupboard and he is aware of how Maina was reinstated.....
Malami is the fall guy here. Buhari ordered that Maina should be reinstated. So if the probe goes on, it may finally be unveiled that Malami and others were strictly acting out Buhari's scripts.
So it's better Malami takes the fall and save Buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by auwalyau: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
I don't believe this source!
Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by eagleeye2: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
rottennaija:
This man is nonsense. I don't know why Buhari has not sacked him
Because he was acting on the Direct orders of Mr President. He may eventually take the fall to save Buhari the shame of having to admit that he ordered the reinstatement of Maina.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by adisabarber(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
Is he not doing what Buhari orders him to do?

rottennaija:

4 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by gmaribel(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
Who is in charge of this country?

Are we on autopilot?

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by GavelSlam: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
desreek9:
Wait ooo, i just read that Buhari ordered a probe be conducted and malami went to court to stop the probe.

This is very clear to a sane mind that malami is behind everything maina all along undecided

2 separate matters.

The civil service is under the purview of the Executive and only the Executive can probe (just as many screamed of the judiciary and NJC) it's employees on the basis of employment or retrenchment/dismissal.

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by fergie001: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ishilove:
What bold, reckless and pompous shamelessness! What dangerous and audacious arrogance!! What a disgraceful indictment of the futility and fraudulence of this government's anti-corruption 'fight'!!!!! angry
Hahahaha,make una clear road ooo
Mama don vex!!!!!!!

Buhari was involved with Maina all along,surprised you are knowing now......he was wholly complict,
Maina was one of the cash-cows that prosecuted the elections.

It's a pity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by enoks(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
A minister can only do the bidding of his principal(president) that’s why he is a representative of the principal. The action of malami must have been endorsed by his principal. It is very shameful and foolhardy of this government to engage the judiciary to stop the constitutional duty of the senate. The senate is not employing, promoting, sacking anyone. There are merely trying to unravel circumstances surrounding Mainas reinstatement . This government is indeed an embarrassment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by seguno2: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
desreek9:
Wait ooo, i just read that Buhari ordered a probe be conducted and malami went to court to stop the probe.

This is very clear to a sane mind that malami is behind everything maina all along undecided

Who appointed Malami?
Who is keeping Malami on his job?
Who has refused to fire Malami?
Could it be Buhari?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by ude86: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Are you tired of losing..here is easy,fast,reliable..join the winning term today
Thanks to those who have been winning with us
todays game is now Available,This is where you are going to recover all your lost for last year
As you all know..there is no chance of losing..winning is guaranteed
call or whatsapp
Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by seguno2: 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
gmaribel:
Who is in charge of this country?

Are we on autopilot?

On average, how many days in a year has Buhari stayed in our country since he was sworn in there years ago?

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by seguno2: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
Which percentile does Maina belong to

The top portion of the 97% grin

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by Reference(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ishilove:

Ha, all these to describe a simple court case. But come oh. Why is it that every AG ends up in the sewer. Defending government through the years has been the last bus stop of reputations and careers. I'm sure Malami has already applied for asylum in a non extradition country....btw is Aondokaa back...or what is that his name.

4 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by 1miccza: 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
desreek9:

That should tell you that bubu is simply acting a movie for the public and doing the opposite secretly.

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
erunz:
Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation, has filed a suit before a federal high court in Abuja, seeking to stop the senate from probing the reinstatement of Abdulrasheed Maina into the civil service.

TheCable understands that the suit has been assigned to Binta Nyako, a judge of the federal high court, Abuja.

Senate’s decision to conduct a forensic investigation instigated Malami’s court action, sources in his ministry told TheCable.

Maina, former chairman of the presidential task force on pension reforms, was recalled and deployed to the ministry of interior under controversial circumstances.

Amid the outcry of the news of his reinstatement, President Muhammadu Buhari ordered his sack and asked Winifred Oyo-Ita, head of the civil service of the federation, to probe the embarrassing situation.

TheCable had published documents which showed the involvement and full knowledge of Oyo-Ita, Malami and Abdulrahman Dambazau, minister of interior, in Maina’s reinstatement.

The federal civil service commission dismissed Maina in 2013 for absconding from duty following a recommendation by the office of the head of service.

He was accused of being involved in pension fraud running into over N100 billion. After an investigation by the senate joint committee on public service and establishment and state and local government administration, a warrant of arrest was issued against him.

Subsequently, the police declared him wanted and he went into hiding. He reportedly fled to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It was after his long absence from office that he was dismissed.

On October 24, the senate mandated its committees on public service, internal affairs, anti-corruption, establishment and judiciary to probe the circumstances of Maina’s return to the country and the public service.

But Malami has asked the court to determine if the national assembly has the right to probe issues relating to the “employment, attendance at work, disengagement, reinstatement and or promotion of a civil servant”.

According to documents seen by TheCable, the attorney-general is asking the court to among other things declare that: “the employment, attendance at work, disengagement, reinstatement and or promotion of a civil servant are matters outside the exclusive and concurrent legislative lists contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

“That the national assembly cannot legitimately regulate the employment, attendance at work, disengagement, reinstatement and or promotion of a civil servant, which are matters exclusively within the purview of the Federal Civil Service Commission under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria1999 (as amended).

“The national assembly lacks the legislative competence to investigate the employment, attendance at work, disengagement, reinstatement and or promotion of a civil servant which are matters exclusively within the purview of the Federal Civil Service Commission under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria1999 (as amended).

“The power of investigation vested the national assembly by section 88 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) is limited and such that can only be exercised within the confines of Section 88 (2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

“The plaintiff as the chief law officer and minister of justice of the federation is bound to ensure compliance by the Federal Government of Nigeria and or any of its cognate organs/agencies with the express or implied contents of extant Judgements and Orders of competent courts in Nigeria.

“The defendant cannot constitute itself into a quasi-appellate court, tribunal or panel with a view to reviewing any executive action taken in compliance with the adverse judgment in the said Suit No: FHC/ABJ/CS/65/2013.”

The house of representatives is also probing Maina’s recall.

When he appeared before the panel of the lower legislative chamber in November, Malami denied his involvement in Maina’s recall.

He also accused federal lawmakers of being part of pension fraud.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-malami-asks-court-stop-senate-probe-mainas-recall
wonderful

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by nemynely(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ah! Ah! What happin? So it's true Nigeria is cursed. Imagine our AGF doing all he can to stop the truth from being unravelled. Why are we like this? Coming Friday, you will see AGF in one mosque praying and looking so innocent, yet his heart appears filled with evil and guile. So what is the use of the prayer from a heart like this? Is it aimed at making naija better or worse? I just don't get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by yhemster(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
enoks:
A minister can only do the bidding of his principal(president) that’s why he is a representative of the principal. The action of malami must have been endorsed by his principal. It is very shameful and foolhardy of this government to engage the judiciary to stop the constitutional duty of the senate. The senate is not employing, promoting, sacking anyone. There are merely trying to unravel circumstances surrounding Mainas reinstatement . This government is indeed an embarrassment.

I think I understand why the executive is trying to stop the Legislature (Senate) probe. Based on the Maina's stories, some of the culprit in the Pension scandal are current sitting Senators, who are hurting for his head. So, Malami's action may be to cover up the darkroom actions of the executives in trying to reinstate Maina. Cos, it's obvious they were trying to bring him in thru the backdoor. Both the Legislature and Executive are just playing hide and seek on this issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by SLAPMUMU: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
ude86:
Are you tired of losing..here is easy,fast,reliable..join the winning term today
Thanks to those who have been winning with us
todays game is now Available,This is where you are going to recover all your lost for last year
As you all know..there is no chance of losing..winning is guaranteed
call or whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by Fellywood(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ishilove:
What bold, reckless and pompous shamelessness! What dangerous and audacious arrogance!! What a disgraceful indictment of the futility and fraudulence f this government's anti-corruption 'fight'!!!!! angry
My dear so sorry about this...we WARNED from day ONE but many thought we were just being hateful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by nemynely(m): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Sis, you just hit it. I hav nothing more to add.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by jaytee01(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
It's very obvious that Malami has something to hide

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by limeta(f): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
This judge Binta nyak again
She does the fulani biddings or what .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by mabolo: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
I now know why Nigeria is at this sorry state we are , look at the foolish comments above,majority of you are dumb, that is why your leaders con you. I don't blame some you, when it comes to legal matter and you are not learned, please don't comment it's not by force and we will not query you for no making a comment. Yes, Buhari ordered a probe of Maina reinstatement, but that does not give the national assembly the right to jump into it. As we have various executive organs of government statutorily vested with the responsibilty to conduct the probe. Our legislators have no right under our laws to conductor a prove on this civil service matter.I notice something about this 8th assembly, they are so power drunk that they keep usurping the job of the executives. Malami will get the judgement because that is the right thing . I don't know about his other faux but this action is good and will preserve our democracy. This current set of unprepared, unserious, power Hungary and power miss users will go one, Nigeria and our democracy will out live them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by SalamRushdie: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
rottennaija:

Sack him? grin grin I see yiu are still falling for Buharis deceit grin

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by SalamRushdie: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
mabolo:
I now know why Nigeria is at this sorry state we are , look at the foolish comments above,majority of you are dumb, that is why your leaders con you. I don't blame some you, when it comes to legal matter and you are not learned, please don't comment it's not by force and we will not query you for no making a comment. Yes, Buhari ordered a probe of Maina reinstatement, but that does not give the national assembly the right to jump into it. As we have various executive organs of government statutorily vested with the responsibilty to conduct the probe. Our legislators have no right under our laws to conductor a prove on this civil service matter.I notice something about this 8th assembly, they are so power drunk that they keep usurping the job of the executives. Malami will get the judgement because that is the right thing . I don't know about his other faux but this action is good and will preserve our democracy. This current set of unprepared, unserious, power Hungary and power miss users will go one, Nigeria and our democracy will out live them.

Please disregard the above comment, its zombeism at work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami Asks Court To Stop Senate Probe Of Maina’s Recall by kingandamy4life(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
hmmmmm i am available if there is need to assasinate all this bunch of fools that the most high dullard buhari appionted.
In a sane world this man will be cooling in jail for uttering this trash.what a hell.what kind of country is this that pride itself with inpunity.but wait cant we shut down this goverment? what re we waiting for Nigerian youth...we have seen the worst and they are still priding with it in our faces.God why Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There’s Nothing Wrong Having Specimen Ballot Papers In Your Possession – INEC / Clement Agba: State Governors Are Responsible For Rising Poverty in Nigeria / PDP Wins Majority Seats In Zamfara Assembly. PDP 17, APC 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.