Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo (24919 Views)

Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by dre11(m): 12:53am On Oct 31, 2017
Olusola Fabiyi , Abuja

The Head of Service of the Federation, Mrs . Winifred Oyo -Ita , has said President Muhammadu Buhari is aware of the reinstatement of a former Chairman of the Pension Reforms Commission , Mallam Abdulrasheed Maina, into the civil service.
She however said she warned the President against it .

Oyo - Ita said that her warning was based on the implications such reinstatement would have on the anti - corruption war of the Federal Government .

The HoS stated this in her memo to the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari .
The memo , with reference number HSCSF/ HCSF/ LU/ COR/FCSC/ 750 / T, was dated October 23, 2017 .

The memo , titled , “ Re : Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina, ” was received in the office of the Chief of Staff to the President on October 23.

A copy of the memo was sighted by our correspondent in Abuja on Monday .

The President had directed the HoS to investigate the circumstances that surrounded the return of Maina to the civil service.

He gave the directive following the public outcry that trailed Maina’ s reinstatement.

Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown , has been accused of embezzling pensioners ’ funds running into billions of naira and is currently under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Explaining further , the HoS said she met the President after the Federal Executive Council meeting of Wednesday, October 11 , where she verbally warned Buhari against bringing Maina back to the service.

She , however , did not say what the response of the President was after briefing him .

Oyo - Ita said , “ Please, note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCPC to Mr. A. A. Maina, nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA

“ Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency , Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October , 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide - ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A . A . Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti - corruption stance of this administration . ”

The letter partly read, “ Further to your letter Ref . SH/COS /100 /A/ 1570 dated 23 rd October , 2017 on the above subject matter, I write to inform you of the circumstances leading to the irregular recall of Mr. Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina.

“ I wrote to place on record the following facts as it permits to Mr. A . A. Maina who was dismissed from service on 21st February , 2013.

“ The move to recall Mr. A. A . Maina was at the instance of a series of letters from the Attorney General of the Federation to the Federal Civil Service Commission requesting the commission to give consequential effect to the judgement that voided the warrant of arrest issued against Mr. A . A . Maina which formed the basis for the query and his eventual dismissal.

“ The letters herewith attached as Annexes I- III are:
(a ) Ref . HAGF /FFCSC /2017 /VOL . 1 / 1 dated 19 th January 2017 ,
(b) Ref . HAGF /FFCSC /2017 /VOL . 1 / 2 dated 21 st February 2017 ; and
(c )Ref . HAGF /FFCSC /2017 /VOL . 1 / 1 dated 27 th April 2017.

“ The FCSC thereafter requested that the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation should advise the Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Interior to consider the AGF ’ s letter and make appropriate recommendations to the commission and this was so communicated to the Ministry of Interior .

“ The Ministry of Interior took the matter to the Senior Staff Committee of the ministry and recommended the reinstatement of Mr. A . A . Maina into the service as Deputy Director .
“ The OHCSF forwarded the recommendation to the FCSC which has the constitutional responsibility for appointments, promotion and discipline for further action.

“ The FCSC in consideration of the letter from the AGF and the recommendations of the SSC of the Ministry of Interior consequently approved and conveyed the reinstatement of Mr. A. A . Maina with effect from 21 st February , 2013 vide letter herewith attached as Annex IV.

“( vi) The letter of reinstatement , as communicated to HCSF Ref . FC. 4029 . 82/ Vol. III /179 dated 18 th September , 2017 attached herewith as Annex IV , ostensibly also copied the Ministry of Interior which is the one erroneously used to document Mr. A. A. Maina on a claim that he has resumed work since 28 th September , 2017 . The Ministry of Interior informed the OHCSF of this development vide letter Ref . MI / 1436 /II/ 24 dated 16th October , 2017 from Ministry of Interior stating that Mr. A. A . Maina has resumed with effect from 28th September , 2017 is attached as Annex V .

“ Please note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCSC to Mr. A. A. Maina nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA .

Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency , Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October , 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide - ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A . A . Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti - corruption stance of this administration .

“ However , I have requested the Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Interior , to provide any documentary evidence to support the claim of reinstatement and posting of Mr. A. A . Maina by OHCSF , since after his dismissal.

“ The letter to the Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Interior is attached as Annex VI . The foregoing is accordingly submitted for your information and further consideration .
“ Please accept the assurances of my best regards. ”

http://punchng.com/buhari-aware-of-mainas-reinstatement-i-warned-him-hos/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by HungerBAD: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by FarahAideed: 1:01am On Oct 31, 2017
Madam dont worry we all know it was Buhari that Reinstated maina

240 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by sarrki(m): 1:04am On Oct 31, 2017
PDP in APC skin

I now believed it a power play by those that lay claim to Nigeria to oust pmb at all cost.

We say capital NO

Pmb will finish the remaining 4years then power move down south

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Ojiofor: 1:06am On Oct 31, 2017
And what sayest the z0mbies grin

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by oz4real83(m): 1:10am On Oct 31, 2017
The operation started from the top. You will be deceiving yourself if u still believe that pmb wasn't aware of it. All these dramas we are seeing are because of Nigerians' negative reactions to the scandal and the shame (if there still any shame left) associated with the realisation of the fact that a president who claims to be fighting corruption shouldn't be perpetuating and condoning corruption. Apc is another version of Pdp.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by dokiOloye(m): 1:20am On Oct 31, 2017
Imagine d amount of revelations that will come up when saint Booohari leaves office.
Them never grind beans finish,akara come de smell.
Nowadays,na 1 week 1 scandal.

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by sounwave: 1:31am On Oct 31, 2017
This APC government is a disgrace. Only a clueless person will still be in support of Buhari. We've had enough of their window dressing. A government riddled with thieves masquerading themselves as "fighters of corruption". Come 2019 power must change hands.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Agwoden(m): 1:31am On Oct 31, 2017
sarrki:
PDP in APC skin

I now believed it a power play by those that lay claim to Nigeria to oust pmb at all cost.

We say capital NO

Except you are being paid for all these nonsense. If not, i will say that your "mumuness" have no equal or rival. SMH.

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by shallysgirl: 1:43am On Oct 31, 2017
Read them right above you.
Ojiofor:
And what sayest the z0mbies grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 31, 2017
sounwave:
This APC government is a disgrace. Only a clueless person will still be in support of Buhari. Come 2019 power must change hands.
Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by docadams: 1:51am On Oct 31, 2017
She, however, did not say what the response of the President was after briefing him...

Why not disclose what the president's response was? Without it, your real intentions point in the direction of betrayal /sabotage.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 2:20am On Oct 31, 2017
[/b]"Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency , Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October , 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide - ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A . A . Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti - corruption stance of this administration"[b]
And Buhari government said it was not aware of Maina's reinstatement? While the matter was even mentioned to his hearing? Too bad! undecided undecided Now that the truth have been revealed,I have some questions for you Mr.President:
1.Why did you failed to promptly act on the Mainagate issue given that the office of the HOS was even the one advising against this scandalous issue?
2.Why were top officials of your government justifying this Maina's illegality at the initial beginning? e.g.a whole AG of Nigeria told a bewildered nation that "Maina was reinstated in the interest of the public (https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/mainas-recall-promotion-acted-public-interest-malami/
While your chair or advisor on prosecution and recovery of government assets-? Ogbono-Obla went on air in Channels TV to defend this sophisticated criminal?
Need you be reminded that that was how your PACAC chair-Prof.Sagay also defended Lawal Babachir even as the Shehu Sanni senate committee stood their grounds that he remained indicted.Guess you only just sacked him ystdy?
3.Why is your government yet to refute the allegations by the Maina's family that you specifically recalled Maina to help with the "Change Agenda" aimed at ensuring your re-election? Why have the DSS or any security agency not made any arrested given the criminal nature of this allegations? Pls Nigerians need answers.
As for the zombies,pls quote me with logical answers.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 2:23am On Oct 31, 2017
sarrki:
PDP in APC skin

We say capital NO

So the Buhari's cabal members that are behind the entire show are now PDP members? Your zombiesm seems to have gone back again to the acute-on-chronic phase.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Ratello: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2017
She is a bold and daring woman, I love her strongwill and penchant for law and order! Buhari is a monstrous and collossal nonsense on Nigeria's political terrain.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2017
The president was made aware of this on the 11th of October and 12 days later Maina was fired.

Nothing to see here.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 2:28am On Oct 31, 2017
rusher14:
The president was made aware of this on the 11th of October and 12 days later Maina was fired.

Nothing to see here.

Why must Buhari allow an illegality to last as much as 12days? He lost it because of the widespread public outcry otherwise it could have remained business as usual.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by GavelSlam: 2:34am On Oct 31, 2017
Paperwhite:
Why must Buhari allow an illegality to last as much as 12days? He lost it because of the widespread public outcry otherwise it could have remained business as usual.

The president has a penchant for taking his time before making decisions.

He however has taken the right decision.

It makes no sense trying to find faults in making the proper decision.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 2:39am On Oct 31, 2017
Paperwhite:

Is that really the issue?

And what exactly is business as usual?

All those have been accused (only accusation without even being found in any competent court of Law as many of you love to trumpet) have all been done away with.

You want the president to give his blood before you are satisfied with his work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 2:40am On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

Sometimes I wonder what these people really want.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 31, 2017
David Cameron already gave his verdict about Buhari and the APC goverment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO_EekNnfjI

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 2:43am On Oct 31, 2017
DutchBruh:
David Cameron already gave his verdict about Buhari and the APC goverment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO_EekNnfjI

He gave his verdict on the Nigerian Nation.

He was talking about you the public.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 31, 2017
rusher14:

He gave his verdict on the Nigerian Nation.

He was talking about you the public.

He was refering to Buhari and APC brah

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 2:52am On Oct 31, 2017
DutchBruh:

He was refering to Buhari and APC brah
Whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 2:56am On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

Oh I see.Then you guys are damnably hypocritical and wicked.So was Buhari having a "penchant for taking his time/making proper decisions" when revered judges houses were broken into by the DSS,EFCC @ odd hours and violating their privacy & damaging their reputations? Never allow your zombiesm becloud your sense of sound judgement.I leave you to your conscience.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 31, 2017
rusher14:

Whatever.
Hope you learned something new today brah

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by GavelSlam: 2:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Paperwhite:
Oh I see.Then you guys are damnable hypocritical and wicked.So was Buhari having a "penchant for taking his time/making proper decisions" when revered judges houses broken into by the DSS,EFCC @ odd hours and violating their privacy & damaging their reputations? Never allow your zombiesm becloud your sense of sound judgement.I leave you to your conscience.

Abeg shift with your silly analysis.

Do you have any idea when the judges' dossiers were brought to his notice?

Intelligent people are analysing agbero too would want to contribute.

Comot joor.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 3:01am On Oct 31, 2017
DutchBruh:

Hope you learned something new today brah

I did.

I found your type are hypocrites living in self-denial.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 3:02am On Oct 31, 2017
rusher14:

Is that really the issue?

And what exactly is business as usual?

All those have been accused (only accusation without even being found in any competent court of Law as many of you love to trumpet) have all been done away with.

You want the president to give his blood before you are satisfied with his work?
And have Dasuki among many unconvicted persons that this useless government have convicted & condemned via media propaganda trials been pronounced guilty by our courts? Have they also been convicted by a competent court of law? Bloody nauseating santimonious hypocrites.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 31, 2017
rusher14:

I did.

I found your type are hypocrites living in self-denial.

You're right,my apologies

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by Paperwhite(m): 3:05am On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

Abeg shift with your silly analysis.

Do you have any idea when the judges' dossiers were brought to his notice?

Intelligent people are analysing agbero too would want to contribute.

Comot joor.
You see! You just lost it.Acute short sighted reasoning syndrome.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo by rusher14: 3:06am On Oct 31, 2017
Paperwhite:
And have Dasuki among many unconvicted persons that this useless government have convicted & condemned via media propaganda trials been pronounced guilty by our courts? Have they also been convicted by a competent court of law? Bloody nauseating santimonious hypocrites.

Exactly what i'm saying.

You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot always support those who are even in court with damning evidences being levied against them yet suggest they keep their seats but cry that the likes of main must be treated like criminals .

Dasuki in any case, is being held for crimes relating to national security.

His likes would be held to keep the country safe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leaked Memo: Buhari Summons Kyari, Oyo-ita After FEC Clash / FG Planning Zero-based Budget For 2016 – Osinbajo / Official Nigerian Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.