Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System (704 Views)

Attahiru Jega Gets JAMB Appointment / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education / FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by Busari132(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

The Federal Government has appointed former Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission, Prof. Peter Okebukola; and former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, as part of those to review the university system of Nigeria.

The NUC has also stated that it has not rated tertiary institutions in the country for “many years,” dismissing recent rating allegedly by the commission as fake.

The Executive Secretary, NUC, Prof. Abubakar Rasheed, made this known in an interview with journalists in Abuja on Monday after he appeared before the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFUND to defend the 2018 budget proposed by the commission.

He said, “The NUC has constituted a high-powered committee of very credible senior academics.

“Most of the members of this small committee are former vice chancellors, former executive secretaries of the NUC and some had held positions like pro-chancellor, chairman of INEC and minister of education.

“We have given them a six-term reference to help us with the re-positioning of Nigeria’s university system.”

Source: punch

Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by LionDeLeo: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
I trust Jega.

Meanwhile, grunting is allowed.
Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
A way of compensation for Jega for work well done in 2015.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by chicoMX(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
The NUC has also stated that it has not rated tertiary institutions in the country for “many years,” dismissing recent rating allegedly by the commission as fake.

what have they been doing?

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lagos Ibadan express way newspapers have been rating the universities to suits their shameless ego, offspring of falling demons

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by omowolewa: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2018
PMB won't forget his loyalists, if I have opportunity of serving him, I will put all energies into it.
Ask our big boi at wetin you carry
Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by yarimo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
PDP members on hearing JEGA'S Name right now

Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by fergie001: 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
My problem with this committee is you will end up spending money for what will not be implemented.
Every Minister of Education comes in and sets up almost similar committees and nothing comes out of it,why not take the report from previous work and dwell on it.......Assume this people sitting,millions gone....the Public Service Reforms committee by Joda by this administration,where is the implementation?
Others by previous governments,go same way.....

Jega is a fmr National Chairman of ASUU,fmr DVC and VC of Bayero Univ.,Kano and is worthy to be there,so OP..this your sensationalism...(his election thrills and throes will be compiled good or bad some day)
Re: FG Appoints Jega , Okebukola , Others To Review Nigeria's Varsity System by Busari132(m): 12:13am On Jan 09, 2018
My problem with this committee is you will end up spending money for what will not be implemented.
Every Minister of Education comes in and sets up almost similar committees and nothing comes out of it,why not take the report from previous work and dwell on it.......Assume this people sitting,millions gone....the Public Service Reforms committee by Joda by this administration,where is the implementation?
Others by previous governments,go same way.....

Jega is a fmr National Chairman of ASUU,fmr DVC and VC of Bayero Univ.,Kano and is worthy to be there,so OP..this your sensationalism...(his election thrills and throes will be compiled good or bad some day)

See me see trouble o ,shey na me be punch newspaper wey write am ni?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari 'll Have Nothing To Tell Nigerians In 2019 - Group / Wamakko: Blame Ortom, Ishaku For Killings / Lamido To Tinubu: Dump APC Now, Buhari Merely Integrating You Because Of 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.