Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen (15481 Views)

China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range / Mercedes Rented & Dismantled Tesla Model X Ahead Of Its Own Electric SUV Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Nasir123(m): 7:39am On Jan 09, 2018
Emekus92:
I have been reading many post about cars lately seems this is my year to acquire one by God's grace

Have you not been reading many post about Fulani helmsmen lately? grin
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by sharpwriter(m): 7:40am On Jan 09, 2018
Emekus92:
I have been reading many post about cars lately seems this is my year to acquire one by God's grace
Amen and me too
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:
Where is the steering airbag located?. .. Please don't tell me it's right there behind that steering screen because its purpose will be defeated if so sad

Imagine a collision happening and the airbag deploying only to be punctured by pieces of that steering screen's glass, in addition to the windscreen, 50 inch screen all being shattered cry.....

In fact both steering and dashboard airbags will be rendered useless, in addition to far more shards of glass being released into the vehicle thus putting the driver and passenger in far more danger than they would normally have been in if all this plenty screen stuff had been avoided sad

I will choose safety before convenience and effizy any day smiley

So for now, a simple traditional Mercedes Benz AMG will do for me smiley

You should be able to observe from the pictures that the 50 inch screen is recessed so the airbags must be in front of the screen within the protruding dashboard
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You should be able to observe from the pictures that the 50 inch screen is recessed so the airbags must be in front of the screen within the protruding dashboard

No arguing that the steering airbags are in direct danger of puncture... The airbags will have to pass through the steering screen while deploying... So your guess is as good as mine.

The dashboard is very flat... Meaning that any deploying airbag will most likely deploy upward first before filling out towards the passenger.... And that upward deploying position is right where that 50inch screen is..... Now I suppose you get my drift smiley

The design is very cute on paper and in pictures, but very hazardous in real life situations

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by 2shure: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2018
if by mistake e enter naija
car dealers go dey sell am 1billion

fuckin thieves

2 Likes

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Aldebaran(m): 7:57am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:
Where is the steering airbag located?. .. Please don't tell me it's right there behind that steering screen because its purpose will be defeated if so sad

Imagine a collision happening and the airbag deploying only to be punctured by pieces of that steering screen's glass, in addition to the windscreen, 50 inch screen all being shattered cry.....

In fact both steering and dashboard airbags will be rendered useless, in addition to far more shards of glass being released into the vehicle thus putting the driver and passenger in far more danger than they would normally have been in if all this plenty screen stuff had been avoided sad

You sound dumb like a typical Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2018
Aldebaran:

You sound dumb and like a typical Nigerian

Albert Einstein Sir, please point out the dumbness in my post smiley

I won't stoop so low as to give you the benefit of an insult... You are obviously not worth it smiley

2 Likes

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2018
nice.... smiley
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2018
Looks like a lamborghini Urus to me.
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Tonason: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

Look at your sense. Who told you that those screens are glass materials, so you don't know the technology that is invoke now, liquid kind of
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by jaxxy(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2018
Totally ridiculous concept 2me. Screens everywhere like its a cinema hall, driver has so many distractions and lights reflections from the close up 50inch''Disaster waiting to happen screen". Very unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by gonkin(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2018
If this one screen break. How dem go operate am
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2018
Tonason:

Look at your sense. Who told you that those screens are glass materials, so you don't know the technology that is invoke now, liquid kind of

Lol grin

So in the event of a collision, the 50inch screen, the steering screen and the windscreen will all just pour on the floor and flow out of the car like a river sad

In fact, you can even store the liquid screen in Jerrycans and use it to wash the car afterward grin
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by LordofNaija: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2018
The odd for yusuf to buy this car when he leaves hospital is 1.05. if yu get me
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

No arguing that the steering airbags are in direct danger of puncture... The airbags will have to pass through the steering screen while deploying... So your guess is as good as mine.

The dashboard is very flat... Meaning that any deploying airbag will most likely deploy upward first before filling out towards the passenger.... And that upward deploying position is right where that 50inch screen is..... Now I suppose you get my drift smiley

The design is very cute on paper and in pictures, but very hazardous in real life situations

There is no law that says the airbag must be in the steering and also the material the airbags could be made out of could be reinforced material. Plus those screens you see may be made from Plexiglass and not regular glass. Plexiglass does not shatter as glass does so there will be no danger from flying shards of broken glass.

Regarding the dashboard I am also sure angles for deployment of airbags have been considered and in truth no serious car manufacturer would ignore such detail. I just solved your problem. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Newboss(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

A typical Nigerian! angry

What do you really understand by the term "glass"? Can you differentiate it from transparent plastic? angry

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2018
Newboss:
A typical Nigerian! angry

What do you really understand by the term "glass"? Can you differentiate it from transparent plastic? angry

You are the chief differentiator Sir.... So please help me

And while at it, please tell me how both in such quantity in such positions do not compromise the vehicle's safety? sad
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Emekus92(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2018
Nasir123:

Have you not been reading many post about Fulani helmsmen lately? grin
No oooo
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Newboss(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

You are the chief differentiator Sir.... So please help me

And while at it, please tell me how both in such quantity in such positions do not compromise the vehicle's safety? sad
Just take that as your project work! angry

HINT: Those are screens. They crack, not shatter like the window you have in your house! angry

You definitely have a solid phone like Samsung S8+! angry Those screens in car gadgets are harder and more solid than the ones on those phones! angry

You sure heard of the glass bridge in China! angry

Glasses can be toughened and made virtually unbreakable except immense force is applied! angry

Have you heard of bulletproof glasses? angry That's not just the normal glass you know. They are called "glass" because of their transparency. But they are not "pure" glasses, so they don't shatter! angry YouTube is your friend! angry

There are so many techs invoke that you should have considered before typing what you typed there! angry

Oya, wee you go and delete it right now! angry

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

There is no law that says the airbag must be in the steering and also the material the airbags could be made out of could be reinforced material. Plus those screens you see may be made from Plexiglass and not regular glass. Plexiglass does not shatter as glass does so there will be no danger from flying shards of broken glass.

Regarding the dashboard I am also sure angles for deployment of airbags have been considered and in truth no serious car manufacturer would ignore such detail. I just solved your problem. smiley

No law that says the airbag should be on the steering? winkD..... So in case of a collision resulting in a engine shift which also results in a steering column shift towards the driver, how is he protected then?

The airbags could be made from reinforced material that will be puncture proof but somehow of zero risk to the Driver due to its reinforcements? sad.... What exactly is the safety quotient of such "reinforced" airbags?

Plexiglass as touchscreen grin.... Please show me proof that with current technology, plexiglass has the capacity and sensitivity to be used as touch screens smiley

You are sure angles of deployment of airbags have been considered grin..... Bros since you are the manufacturer, where is proof that such angles have been considered, implemented and sufficiently tested in real life situations?
..... Post the video grin

Summary is...based on currently existing technology, that car and its plenty glass is a disaster waiting to happen....it's for the car manufacturer to prove otherwise

Final word of advice... ...Don't just be assuming stuff that hasn't been confirmed, tested and verified... Such baseless assumptions may end up costing you your life
sad.... You don't just go online and swallow everything you are told without asking questions.... Our reasoning capabilities are what differentiate us from lesser animals

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2018
Newboss:
Just take that as your project work! angry

HINT: Those are screens. They crack, not shatter like the window you have in your house! angry

You definitely have a solid phone like Samsung S8+! angry Those screens in car gadgets are harder and more solid than the ones on those phones! angry

You sure heard of the glass bridge in China! angry

Glasses can be toughened and made virtually unbreakable except immense force is applied! angry

Have you heard of bulletproof glasses? angry That's not just the normal glass you know. They are called "glass" because of their transparency. But they are not "pure" glasses, so they don't shatter! angry YouTube is your friend! angry

There are so many techs invoke that you should have considered before typing what you typed there! angry

Oya, wee you go and delete it right now! angry

I stopped reading your essay immediately you mentioned the Samsung s8+ grin... That shows You are obviously not mentally fit enough to be worthy of my reply sad

Please look up and see the reply I gave someone else who was reasoning like you... Learn from it smiley
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

No law that says the airbag should be on the steering? winkD..... So in case of a collision resulting in a engine shift which also results in a steering column shift towards the driver, how is he protected then?

The airbags could be made from reinforced material that will be puncture proof but somehow of zero risk to the Driver due to its reinforcements? sad.... What exactly is the safety quotient of such "reinforced" airbags?

Plexiglass as touchscreen grin.... Please show me proof that with current technology, plexiglass has the capacity and sensitivity to be used as touch screens smiley

You are sure angles of deployment of airbags have been considered grin..... Bros since you are the manufacturer, where is proof that such angles have been considered, implemented and sufficiently tested in real life situations?

Summary is...based on currently existing technology, that car and its plenty glass is a disaster wasting to happen....it's for the car manufacturer to prove otherwise

Final word of advice... ...Don't just be assuming stuff that hasn't been confirmed, tested and verified... Such baseless assumptions may end up costing you your life
sad.... You don't just go online and swallow everything you are told without asking questions.... Our reasoning capabilities are what differentiate us from lesser animals

You are actually the one assuming things. I am being logical because this is a seasoned car manufacturer and you are most definitely not. You cannot assume you know what they don't.

Technology keeps evolving and for your information, Plexiglass is already being used as a touch screen overlay. Learn to update your information and intellect. Asking archaic questions in this time and age of technology advancement is extremely annoying.
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Newboss(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

I stopped reading your essay immediately you mentioned the Samsung s8+ grin... That shows You are obviously not worth my reply sad

Please look up and see the reply I gave someone else who was reasoning like you... Learn from it smiley
A typical Nigerian takes it out of context because of low IQ, I guess angry

That was an analogy! angry Read it in context and set your foolishness aside! angry

Have a nice day! angry

2 Likes

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2018
Newboss:

That was an analogy! angry Read it in context and set your foolishness aside! angry

Have a nice day! angry

That dude has an echo upstairs where his brain should be. He is just mouthing off and assuming he knows stuff from an archaic perspective. His reasoning is like trying to talk about a 1980 Ford as an assessment for a 2018 version.

1 Like

Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2018
Newboss:

Have a nice day! angry

I should read in relevant context about the screen of samsung s8+... the same s8+ that will most definitely shatter if it falls off a table onto a concrete floor grin

Sorry I am not that mentally slow smiley

And yes.. The s8+will shatter and injure you if sufficient force similar to that of a serious car Collison is applied to it... All vehicles have windscreens that are made of laminated glass... This means the glass will break and not shatter into pieces in the event of a minor accident .. Does that still stop the same windscreen from shattering into a thousand pieces if a serious accident happens, injuring and even killing the occupants of the car involved?....

This is the last time I will be quoting you..... Go to your school and ask for a refund if you still can't comprehend my position
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Kobicove(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2018
These guys are pushing the boundaries of technology while countries here in Africa are busy building churches and waiting for handouts undecided
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 9:44am On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You are actually the one assuming things. I am being logical because this is a seasoned car manufacturer and you are most definitely not. You cannot assume you know what they don't.

Technology keeps evolving and for your information, Plexiglass is already being used as a touch screen overlay. Learn to update your information and intellect. Asking archaic questions in this time and age of technology advancement is extremely annoying.

You are still pulling assumptions out of thin air smiley

Links to a video of a crash test will settle this once and for all... Pending then, continue assuming until one of ur assumptions kill you

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to manufacture and sell vehicles with various life threatening defects like malfunctioning seatbelts, doors, airbags, headlights, etc.... Till tomorrow, Major Vehicle manufacturers still recall vehicles with malfunctioning parts....

But you in your infinite wisdom, has decided to be the mouthpiece of this particular manafacturer and say that all is well with that vehicle without any proof whatsoever

Bentleys, Porsches, Bugattis and many other car manufacturers have all had recall issues at one time or the other... So what's your point?
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2018
Sellfish:

You are still pulling assumptions out of thin air smiley

Links to a video of a crash test will settle this once and for all... Pending then, continue assuming until one of ur assumptions kill you

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to manufacture and sell vehicles with various life threatening defects like malfunctioning seatbelts, doors, airbags, headlights, etc.... Till tomorrow, Major Vehicle manufacturers still recall vehicles with malfunctioning parts....

But you in your infinite wisdom, has decided to be the mouthpiece of this particular manafacturer and say that all is well with that vehicle without any proof whatsoever

Bentleys, Porsches, Bugattis and many other car manufacturers have all had recall issues at one time or the other... So what's your point?

My point is that you obviously know nothing about technological advancements if you did not know that plexiglass is currently being used as touch screen overlays but just kept mouthing off about how it's not possible. If ordinary windshields today now use lamination technology to prevent them from shattering on impact why would you assume that such a technology has been at a standstill? This is why I said technology has been evolving greatly.

My point is also is that today each car manufacturer tries to add something special to their vehicles. Before we had nothing like airbags but today we do. Tomorrow we may not have seat belts anymore but magnetic restraints or full body airbag cover that acts like a ballon that blows up right from the seat you are seating on thereby protecting you all round. You should stop thinking archaic.

Lastly, you asked for a crash test that proves the vehicle is safe. This is from the OP

Byton has finally unveiled its first drivable prototype at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas

I am sure you know what the word prototype means. Just in case you don't, let me show you and cure your obvious ignorance and mental self abuse.

prototype
noun
a first or preliminary version of a device or vehicle from which other forms are developed.

This shows you that the vehicle is work in progress with more tweaks expected until final production is rolled out but basically based on aesthetics they have shown what to expect. They are saying that these aesthetics would not change even as they also consider safety which was why they mentioned some safety features like communicating with other vehicles or street lights. The ability to Communicate with other vehicles is a technology that would ensure the right distance is always maintained between vehicles to avoid a collision. Often this technology automatically activates the brakes when such distance is being compromised.

With this amount of tech put into this vehicle it is only proper to say that it would be semi automated with a probable option of full automation (I see this coming online especially with their focus on 5g data speed and the vehicle being able to communicate with vehicles in direct line of vision of the driver).

Learn to think 21st century and not 19th century.
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Drjavier(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2018
ivili:
Looks good,but it's no different from all other SUV's.

[color=#006600][/color]APC has blinded u... Sorry boss/bosset
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by Sellfish(m): 10:27am On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

My point is that you obviously know nothing about technological advancements if you did not know that plexiglass is currently being used as touch screen overlays but just kept mouthing off about how it's not possible. If ordinary windshields today now use lamination technology to prevent them from shattering on impact why would you assume that such a technology has been at a standstill? This is why I said technology has been evolving greatly.

My point is also is that today each car manufacturer tries to add something special to their vehicles. Before we had nothing like airbags but today we do. Tomorrow we may not have seat belts anymore but magnetic restraints or full body airbag cover that acts like a ballon that blows up right from the seat you are seating on thereby protecting you all round. You should stop thinking archaic.

Lastly, you asked for a crash test that proves the vehicle is safe. This is from the OP

I am sure you know what the word prototype means. Just in case you don't, let me show you and cure your obvious ignorance and mental self abuse.

prototype
noun
a first or preliminary version of a device or vehicle from which other forms are developed.

This shows you that the vehicle is work in progress with more tweaks expected until final production is rolled out but basically based on aesthetics they have shown what to expect. They are saying that these aesthetics would not change even as they also consider safety which was why they mentioned some safety features like communicating with other vehicles or street lights. Communicating would other vehicles is a technology that would ensure the right distance is always maintained between vehicles to avoid a collision. Often this technology automatically activates the brakes when such distance is being compromised.

With this amount of tech put into this vehicle it is only proper to say that it would be semi automated with a probable option of full automation (I see this coming online especially with their focus on 5g data speed and the vehicle being able to communicate with vehicles in direct line of vision of the driver).

Learn to think 21st century and not 19th century.

I never said plexiglass can never be used as touchscreen.... I just asked for one example... Just one smiley

As per the issue of laminated windshields, I have answered ur colleague in argument on that..Learn smiley

The rest of your epistle has failed to address the points I raised..all are just pipe dreams gathered from the internet or wherever sad

It's insufficient to measure the safety of a vehicle by assuming what other vehicles are equipped to do or what you hear it will be equipped to do through technology that has not been tested in real life situations.... Shalom
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by maisauki: 10:43am On Jan 09, 2018
Ufranklin92 post=64024u014u:
Sweet
white man take tea, me take hot pap... nothing happen
Re: Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen by butterflyl1on: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2018
author=Sellfish post=64029597]

I never said plexiglass can never be used as touchscreen.... I just asked for one example... Just one smiley

Stop lying. This was your very quote.

And I told you that plexiglass is currently being used as touchscreen overlay. Your comment shows that you do not believe it is possible based on today's technological position.

[s]As per the issue of laminated windshields, I have answered ur colleague in argument on that..Learn smiley[/s]

The rest of your epistle has failed to address the points I raised..all are just pipe dreams gathered from the internet or wherever sad

Once upon a time no car had touchscreens fitted in them and they were just pipe dreams. Then we had the 5inch to the 10 inch variants. Today we are witnessing the 50 inch touchscreen which was also a pipe dream at some point. The question you should be asking should be if my so called "pipe dreams" are not practically realistic based on todays available technology and not calling them pipe dreams.

It's insufficient to measure the safety of a vehicle by assuming what other vehicles are equipped to do or what you hear it will be equipped to do through technology that has not been tested in real life situations.... Shalom

I am not talking about other vehicles but this particular one and how it may respond. Sensors are currently being used in today's cars to detect distance in driving and to aid parking so it's not a new tech. How you still do not know this shows your technological ignorance. Magnetic sensors are already being used in seat belts and it's only a matter of time before actual seatbealts are phased out and something less obvious and less uncomfortable is brought in. If mobile phones can communicate between each other what stops vehicles from doing same? If a vehicle can automatically lock on and disengage from a vehicle in order to regulate motion and distance this would bring full automated driving which is a technology that is already being tested into play thereby minimising collisions and deaths which may arise from such. Afterall the best slogan has always been PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.

Again I say, upgrade yourself from the 19th century to the 21st.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Impound 22 Cars In Abuja, Arrest 4 Suspects / Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC / Police IG Unveils 2019 Edition Of IVM Granite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.