Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range (18859 Views)

Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Automotive1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2018

The world's first luxury hybrid SUV has been revealed .The £160,000 Bentley Bentayga has been given an electric makeover for the eco-conscious super-rich.

The Handmade Bentley Bentaga SUV will have a 31-mile (50km) plug-in range from the electric motors on top of a new turbocharged 3.0L V6 petrol under the bonnet.

The Bentley Bentayga Hybrid is the fourth car in the SUV’s range, joining the V8 petrol and diesel and the W12 petrol. Its 75g/km of CO2 emissions are much smaller than any of them.

On a full charge, the car can do around 31 miles before the petrol engine needs to assist. That charge will take 7.5 hours on a normal domestic charger, or as little as 2.5 hours by installing and using a super fast charger from designer Philippe Starck.

You'll also be able to charge the car remotely and pre-heat it before the morning drive with Bentley's new app.

The clever hybrid system will also choose when is best to use electric power on your journey based on the route you've tapped into the GPS positioning(Sat NAV) by storing up battery power while you're driving along the motorway to use it when you hit the city.

The luxury extends inside with veneered wood and metal across the cockpit designed to look like the "winged" Bentley badge.

Hand-stiched heated leather seats can be adjusted in 22-different ways and come with a massage function.

You can control the lot from the 8-inch touchscreen which has a massive 60GB hard-drive and the option of 30 languages.

This is complemented by a 10.2-inch removable Android tablet that offers LTE and WiFi data for those in the back.

The model gets new digital displays behind the steering wheel to show you how much battery life is left - and how eco-friendly you're driving.

It's also packed with latest driver assistance systems like traffic sign recognition, adaptive cruise control and parking assist.

Bentley said: "The Bentayga Hybrid is our first step on the road to electrification, combining traditional Bentey values with the latest technologies."

The Bentley Bentayga Hybrid is due to go on sale later this year.

What do you think about the new Bentley Bentayga Plugin hybrid?

Source https://autojosh.com/bentley-unveils-worlds-first-luxury-hybrid-suv-31mile-plug-range/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Aldebaran(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Electric +Petrol powered

Lovely and luxurious machine cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by istephen(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2018
I always like the front-end style of Bentley, and the interior looks great.

4 Likes

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
of what use is 32 miles in reality.

1 Like

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by mayowascholar(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2018
money is good
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Genea(f): 7:34am On Mar 08, 2018
I need a job to afford this car biko!!!!
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by wildcatter23(m): 7:34am On Mar 08, 2018
Q
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:35am On Mar 08, 2018
That moment when bae has unwanted pregnancy for you, and your extremely rich unmarried sugar mum you have been planning to obtain lots of money from but she doesn't give you much, also gets pregnant for you and she remembers that age is not on her side any more and fall in love with you but all you want is her money to take care of bae you love very much and after 9 months your bae gives birth to triplets and the DNA results says they are not your own but belongs to one broke Bleep boy. My brother just kukuma accept the old newspaper because your are on your way to becoming a billionaire.

4 Likes

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by xmanco42: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2018
this life is not fair yet black still lag behind
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by wealthybrain: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Hmm
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by tlops(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Nice car, I just ordered one.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by obiorathesubtle: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2018
I'll buy it when I have the money..
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by descrisom(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Davido right now
cry cry
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Macgreat(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Wow!

Now this is advancement in technology.

Nigeria where are you?

This car is nothing like the registered TOYOTA corolla 2005 going for 1.2 Million. I mean, you can make money doing uber with corolla but this Bentley. Who want enter it even if presented as taxi in naija. Call me if you want the corolla.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2018
everything nah electric now, one day we go have our oil to drink alone
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by sammylink: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Genea:
I need a job to afford this car biko!!!!

Sense fall on you!!! Which salary job will fetch you money to buy a Bentley? If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Godyke(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
of what use is 32 miles in reality.

My thoughts too. After spending so much to aquire such luxury and after almost eight hours of full charge all one will get is a meager 50km. It's of no use. At least 150km is Manageable

2 Likes

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by IamAthens(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Nice
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by OSUigbo: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2018
xmanco42:
this life is not fair yet black still lag behind
Why una no go lag?
Why would you allow people call you black? Are you black?
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:53am On Mar 08, 2018
the advancement in technology has shift to Eco friendly, very soon Nigeria and the rest of oil depending nation will have there oil to drink alone... what's happening in Venezuela is just small compare the one that will happen in Shithole Zoogeria

1 Like

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 08, 2018
Does this mean Davido's newly acquired Bentley is the latest old model

1 Like

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Genea(f): 8:04am On Mar 08, 2018
sammylink:

Sense fall on you!!! Which salary job will fetch you money to buy a Bentley? If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.
Bomb is on your head grin the main message was that I need a job!!! Ignore the car part
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by gentlechyke(m): 8:10am On Mar 08, 2018
Super dope. This car could drive one from Awka to Asaba on battery power
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by anochuko01(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
That moment when bae has unwanted pregnancy for you, and your extremely rich unmarried sugar mum you have been planning to obtain lots of money from but she doesn't give you much, also gets pregnant for you and she remembers that age is not on her side any more and fall in love with you but all you want is her money to take care of bae you love very much and after 9 months your name gives birth to triplets and the DNA results says they are not your own but belongs to one broke Bleep boy. My brother just kukuma accept the old newspaper because your are on your way to becoming a billionaire.
isokuso wo lo nso?

1 Like

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2018
It can't even go from warri to Port Harcourt.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by dfrost: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2018
Genea:
Bomb is on your head grin the main message was that I need a job!!! Ignore the car part

Genea, longest time. Where have you been hiding? shocked
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by bishop1988(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Radarada. Thunder fire poverty
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by dfrost: 9:18am On Mar 08, 2018
Charge that will not take me from Surulere to Ibeju-Lekki, is that one charge? angry

1 Like

Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Aldebaran(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2018
dfrost:
Charge that will not take me from Surulere to Ibeju-Lekki, is that one charge? angry

It comes with petrol engine
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by dfrost: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Aldebaran:

It comes with petrol engine

I know nah but in case there is fuel scarcity in Lagos.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2018
Godyke:

My thoughts too. After spending so much to aquire such luxury and after almost eight hours of full charge all one will get is a meager 50km. It's of no use. At least 150km is Manageable
yes oooo.....what i noticed is that all this manufacturers they just don't want to be left out in the electric car revolution.
Re: Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range by seenga(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2018
Biko where is my vaseline?
Thunder fire poor-vaty!

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. / How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.