Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (353395 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Abokii8(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
gozmoc8167:

Hmmm. This sounds sort of plausible to me, albeit not without some iota of skepticism.
Just work very hard to beat other candidates from your state, you don't know the brain power of the people you are competing with.. don't give chance to everybody, early preparation is the key especially now that there May not be aptitude test, sharpen your spoken English, improve your public speaking ability, get your full academic transcript and your certificate not statement of result, register for atleast two professional associations relevant to your course of study, do some professional courses and above all pray for luck to locate you.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by biafraisdead(m): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Abokii8:
I can assure you, ptdf is the least corrupt of all government scholarships in Nigeria. I have seen it multiple times where people from extremely poor background and with nobody in government got the award. Though nepotism and cronyism can't be completely ruled out, merit carries the centre stage.

we like to give ourselves strong hope, any way that's good but what u said is not true, abi no be naija people de control ptdf? Just pray and hope for the best simple.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by gozmoc8167(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
Abokii8:
Just work very hard to beat other candidates from your state, you don't know the brain power of the people you are competing with.. don't give chance to everybody, early preparation is the key especially now that there May not be aptitude test, sharpen your spoken English, improve your public speaking ability, get your full academic transcript and your certificate not statement of result, register for atleast two professional associations relevant to your course of study, do some professional courses and above all pray for luck to locate you.
You are making a point.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by salahudeentope: 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
Abokii8:
I can assure you, ptdf is the least corrupt of all government scholarships in Nigeria. I have seen it multiple times where people from extremely poor background and with nobody in government got the award. Though nepotism and cronyism can't be completely ruled out, merit carries the centre stage.

This is the entire truth, the merit list is almost 100% based on merit (I could say 100%). They don't have to tamper with the merit list, they have other ways of doing it.
But if you perform better than everybody from your state, be rest assured you'll get it. I can understand the scepticism, but PTDF really shows that if Nigerians want to be sincere we can be.
Everybody should just forget negative thoughts and work hard, I'm sure you won't lose out because of nepotism but because there were better candidates from your state.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Renny111: 3:46am On Feb 21, 2018
Please add me to d group 08169337755 could not join through the link
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by futureenergy: 8:53am On Feb 21, 2018
PTDF is largely merit based. At times, candidates with weak credentials or that performed poorly hide behind nepotism to justify their non-selection.

4 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Julidab: 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
pls add me. 07065214830. Tnx
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by EdoBoy90(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by EdoBoy90(m): 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
My WhatsApp number: 08160233032, pls Adm add me.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by jazinogold(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
add me 08185436277
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Abokii8:
You're absolutely on point bro. Handwork, early preparation and above all, prayers for God's favour is the key. Thanks for your candid opinion.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by sangresan(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Please add me to the group.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DXXMI: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
smiley
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Aadats: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Admin pls add 07062449087
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Raylight2(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Best number to add is 07063073339
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by damtan(m): 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
So now that the portal is closed, all we need do is just to await an email. all is well o
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Fabnas(m): 2:19am On Feb 22, 2018
Pls add 08140836550
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Quoran: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2018
I still don't understand the rationale behind dropping numbers and forming whatsapp groups. The aim of the thread is defeated. Information is best shared here so that everyone can benefit. If you're too busy to visit nairaland to check for any information, then you really do not need that information. If you go through previous threads on PTDF,you can have a glimpse of what happened and all. This thread shouldn't be any different.

12 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by gozmoc8167(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2018
Quoran:
I still don't understand the rationale behind dropping numbers and forming whatsapp groups. The aim of the thread is defeated. Information is best shared here so that everyone can benefit. If you're too busy to visit nairaland to check for any information, then you really do not need that information. If you go through previous threads on PTDF,you can have a glimpse of what happened and all. This thread shouldn't be any different.
Actually you are saying the truth. It is better to keep using this thread as the only platform to relay information regarding the scholarship because future applicants can always make references to it. Moreover, even past and existing scholars will find it easier to make contributions to the thread for the benefit of current applicants. The idea of a WhatsApp group, albeit good, is not sustainable.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Herme: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2018
gozmoc8167:

Actually you are saying the truth. It is better to keep using this thread as the only platform to relay information regarding the scholarship because future applicants can always make references to it. Moreover, even past and existing scholars will find it easier to make contributions to the thread for the benefit of current applicants. The idea of a WhatsApp group, albeit good, is not sustainable.
The Whatsapp group is not meant to substitute this forum but rather to complement it. You may agree with me that it's easier to fetch information from the attacked platform than this very one. Besides should we not be versatile in dissemination of information? Not everybody log on to nairaland each, but with every message on the whatsapp group, each group member gets a beep of notification.
If I should ask, would you rather rely on email notifications from your bank or sms alert? In my opinion both asklertre important but one is more timely.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Herme: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2018
gozmoc8167:

The Whatsapp group is not meant to substitute this forum but rather to complement it. You may agree with me that it's easier to fetch information from the attacked platform than this very one. Besides should we not be versatile in dissemination of information? Not everybody log on to nairaland every second, but with every message on the whatsapp group, each group member gets a beep of notification.
If I should ask, would you rather rely on email notifications from your bank or sms alert? In my opinion both are complementary but one is more timely.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by gozmoc8167(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2018
Herme:

The Whatsapp group is not meant to substitute this forum but rather to complement it. You may agree with me that it's easier to fetch information from the attacked platform than this very one. Besides should we not be versatile in dissemination of information? Not everybody log on to nairaland every second, but with every message on the whatsapp group, each group member gets a beep of notification.
If I should ask, would you rather rely on email notifications from your bank or sms alert? In my opinion both are complementary but one is more timely.
You seem not to understand what I'm saying. Though it appears that a WhatsApp group will complement this thread, I am concerned about the effect it will have on the overall objective of this platform, as it definitely divert attentions away from it. The worst part of it is that a WhatsApp group can not effectively achieve the same purpose with an eye on sustainability.
It is therefore better we maintain this thread, at least for now that the shortlisting is not yet done.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by solastar2: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2018
gozmoc8167:

You seem not to understand what I'm saying. Though it appears that a WhatsApp group will complement this thread, I am concerned about the effect it will have on the overall objective of this platform, as it definitely divert attentions away from it. The worst part of it is that a WhatsApp group can not effectively achieve the same purpose with an eye on sustainability.
It is therefore better we maintain this thread, at least for now that the shortlisting is not yet done.

Please don't mind them, is like so many Nigerians use to have some myopic view or certain selfish interest on issue. How will someone who will apply for PTDF next year get information if some people decided to hide it in a Whatsapp group that will still be filled with nonsense message including gospel and other bullshit. Please keep your Whatsapp away from here.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Polymath56: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
I just don't get why people keep churning out glut of WhatsApp groups both 'fecklessly' and 'recklessly'. Someone will just post a job or Scholarship advert, before u blink your eyes, one person has created WhatsApp group, the most irking and worse of it is, you'll still see surfeit of persons dropping their numbers with alacrity like their success depends on it, even when most of them don't have any iota-of-idea about the essence of the group.

My grievance is, if the Op of this thread had created a WhatsApp group for this scholarship advert in the first place, do you think some persons would have been privy to this info. Another question is, what're you guys even discussing in the group when none of you are neither flexisaf nor ptdf officials, and not like ptdf has started propagating messages to successful applicants for the next stage.

Why not disseminate any veritable info whatsoever, in this thread; it'll be useful to both current and future scholars and It would really go a long way in helping and guiding other future prospective scholars applying for this same scholarship. Hence, it's sustainable. Unlike WhatsApp group that might be terminated even before the end of the program, which will be only useful to current scholars. Let us try as much as possible to imbibe and inculcate an altruistic disposition and inclination.

5 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by gozmoc8167(m): 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
solastar2:

Please don't mind them, is like so many Nigerians use to have some myopic view or certain selfish interest on issue. How will someone who will apply for PTDF next year get information if some people decided to hide it in a Whatsapp group that will still be filled with nonsense message including gospel and other bullshit. Please keep your Whatsapp away from here.
I think this is the same vice rocking the entire national sphere; egregious myopia and selfishness. May God help Nigeria, especially the future leaders, to imbibe the culture of looking beyond immediate and personal gains of their actions and decisions. Any venture that sacrifices the welfare of the posterity for immediate, though seemingly palatable, benefits is not sustainable and as such counterproductive.
Let us say no to selfish interests!

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by gozmoc8167(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
Polymath56:
I just don't get why people keep churning out glut of WhatsApp groups both 'fecklessly' and 'recklessly'. Someone will just post a job or Scholarship advert, before u blink your eyes, one person has created WhatsApp group, the most irking and worse of it is, you'll still see surfeit of persons dropping their numbers with alacrity like their success depends on it, even when most of them don't have any iota-of-idea about the essence of the group.

My grievance is, if the Op of this thread had created a WhatsApp group for this scholarship advert in the first place, do you think some persons would have been privy to this info. Another question is, what're you guys even discussing in the group when none of you are neither flexisaf nor ptdf officials, and not like ptdf has started propagating messages to successful applicants for the next stage.

Why not disseminate any veritable info whatsoever, in this thread; it'll be useful to both current and future scholars and It would really go a long way in helping and guiding other future prospective scholars applying for this same scholarship. Hence, it's sustainable. Unlike WhatsApp group that might be terminated even before the end of the program, which will be only useful to current scholars. Let us try as much as possible to imbibe and inculcate an altruistic disposition and inclination.
True talk! Keep spreading the good news for those who care.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Herme: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
gozmoc8167:

I think this is the same vice rocking the entire national sphere; egregious myopia and selfishness. May God help Nigeria, especially the future leaders, to imbibe the culture of looking beyond immediate and personal gains of their actions and decisions. Any venture that sacrifices the welfare of the posterity for immediate, though seemingly palatable, benefits is not sustainable and as such counterproductive.
Let us say no to selfish interests!
To join a group is a thing of choice. It is not mandatory on anyone, as no one is bent on "all must join" the group. I do not refute that nairaland serves for posterity, as I have had a taste of its lasting effect. My concern is to why you guys are condemning an alternative platform as if there is a kid here that could be cajoled without their consent. My emphasis is that with a platform as Whatsapp, anyone could have an alert on what is going on in the thread. Must we all log on to nairaland everyday? Nairaland has no alert, the other does as long your data is put on.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by donpaulo44(m): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
I dont understand, is it just coz of the whatsapp group that you guys are using all these big big grammars? Or is there any other topic I missed?

Well, Y'all made nice points but it's a choice and every information passed here is same in the whatsapp platform. And no one is going to silent this thread as other prospective applicants will get help from here. I don't think its a bad idea. It's a thing of choice and not mandatory. I think Every information shared on the whatsapp platform is gotten from here. #Onelove

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by damtan(m): 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
With or without an alternative platform to disseminate information about ptdf, this thread will thrive
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by samuelklch: 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
Herme:
On it
Follow this link;
https:///invite/FAcBUxtgdzt2MrhayZzFy6
Or you could just type the http:// address as on the group link screen shot.

the link is not going through.please add me:07032317308. thanks
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Plus10(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please add me on the whatsapp group 08066470100 thanks
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Herme: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
damtan:
With or without an alternative platform to disseminate information about ptdf, this thread will thrive
No one is saying otherwise. We are on common ground

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.