Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (352701 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2018
efomzy:

So you mean China is for the Lowly qualified..
..Do you av proof to back it. Do you know how tough even the CSC scholiatship is?

People with 2.2 and HND and PGD win CSC MSc Chinese Scholarship. People with MSc with MPhil or pass grade win PhD CSC scholarship. One of my freind with 2.2 is now in China having won full scholarship last year. And this year, my mentee with HND and PGD has just been nominated for CSC MSc scholarship. He has even secured provincial scholarship.

This is about meeting the minimum requirements. Having 2.2 does not mean u are lowly qualified hence selection is not based on academics only. Other things like acceptance letter from supervisor, age, authenticity of medical endorsement, Publications, CV are considered. Different schools have different criteria.

Also, most China schools consider Pakistan applicants often due to their bilateral agreement. That is y u see most CSC winners are Pakistani. Advisable to choose China schools who aren't biased and accept Nigerians.

I won the scholarship last year but did not go to create space for those in the waiting list. Go to the Nairaland China thread for more information about CSC scholarship.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2018
yakbauer:

Haba oga, you've forsaken your members oh
There is no need to talk as no development yet.

Just put your mind off and wait for the list of winners published on PTDF website. If u have been contacted or not contacted by PTDF, u all have probability of being successful and not being successful. Different schools and departments have their way of doing things

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by vantage7: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2018
Ok na

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

I won the scholarship last year but dumped it to create space for those in the waiting list.

smh
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2018
faceURfront:

smh
Ok. Let me modify as I just see it as a slang. Thanks for correcting me though.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2018
vantage7:
Some people are insinuating that securing placement (by PTDF) into a university is a requirement for your name to be in the final list. There is no way that your name won’t be in that final list if you’ve been contacted.

And as for the IFP matter, only the ones in that IFP supplementary admissions list on the IFP website as posted on here will go to IFP. Simple. So if there’s only two of our guys in that list as @Ddkaka asserted earlier, then only the two of them are going. All the rest shall be sorted out into other institutions. PTDF can not arm twist IFP into giving anyone admissions simply because they (PTDF) are offering a full scholarship. After all, literally everyone from any country that gets admitted into IFP is automatically on a full scholarship mainly provided by companies like Total. This whole process is one I’ve been through in the past.

Oga pray o. Nothing is certain in life. And we are in Nigeria too and u know our country. U guys should contact PTDF o as they might not be aware that only two people made it. Tell them u are willing to go to other tuition free universities and explain IFP admission policy so they won't think it is u guys fault.

Finally, pray your name is in the list that will be published. If your name is published on the website, then u are certain of winning.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Ok. Let me modify as I just see it as a slang. Thanks for correcting me though.

Not that. So you want to tell us that you took your time to apply for a scholarship, secured it and then decided not to accept it to create space for other people.

Make I no shake table this morning.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by vantage7: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Oga pray o. Nothing is certain in life. And we are in Nigeria too and u know our country. U guys should contact PTDF o as they might not be aware that only two people made it. Tell them u are willing to go to other tuition free universities and explain IFP admission policy so they won't think it is u guys fault.

Finally, pray your name is in the list that will be published. If your name is published on the website, then u are certain of winning.

That’s true sha nothing is impossible in this country. But from what I know it is so highly unlikely that it is close to impossible sir.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
faceURfront:

Not that. So you want to tell us that you took your time to apply for a scholarship, secured it and then decided not to accept it to create space for other people.

Lol. There are many other things involved.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by vantage7: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
faceURfront:

Hehe someone doesn’t believe the oga of scholarships himself @DMainMan

Oga please endeavour to do at least a little bit of homework on people before calling them liars.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2018
vantage7:

That’s true sha nothing is impossible in this country. But from what I know it is so highly unlikely that it is close to impossible sir.

Ok. But contact PTDF o and let them know u will accept any scholarship in any school. And explain the strict admission policy of IFP.

They might think that u are only interested in top schools like IFP. Please let them know that u can go anywhere so they have no excuse.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by vantage7: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Ok. But contact PTDF o and let them know u will accept any scholarship in any school. And explain the strict admission policy of IFP.

Oh no it doesn’t affect me. I was just offering my two kobo. But I know those that it affects will take heed, so thanks anyways.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Lol. There are many other things involved.

Ah ha! I bet it's more of the other things than the original reason you alluded to.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2018
I didn't think he was lying, just not saying everything

vantage7:

Hehe someone doesn’t believe the oga of scholarships himself @DMainMan

I am not that jobless
vantage7:

Oga please endeavour to do at least a little bit of homework on people
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2018
faceURfront:

I didn't think he was lying, just not saying everything

I am not that jobless

Please don't fight
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 11:06am On Jun 18, 2018
vantage7:

Oh no it doesn’t affect me. I was just offering my two kobo. But I know those that it affects will take heed, so thanks anyways.
Please don't fight
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by funshobabs(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2018
Greetings,Please how do I get to the Chinese scholarship page on nairaland. Make I try my luck. Please anyone with the link. Many thanks
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by udores: 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
The tension here is high, I see grin. This should be the week of the final list else if e pass this week paranoia go begin catch people oh.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by udores: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
funshobabs:
Greetings,Please how do I get to the Chinese scholarship page on nairaland. Make I try my luck. Please anyone with the link. Many thanks

Simply type "Chinese scholarship" on the search bar on niaraland. You should see multiple related threads.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
udores:
The tension here is high, I see grin. This should be the week of the final list else if e pass this week paranoia go begin catch people oh.

The tension here is higher than waiting for 2015 general election result ooo. If you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DAramis: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Also, most China schools consider Pakistan applicants often due to their bilateral agreement. That is y u see most CSC winners are Pakistani. Advisable to choose China schools who aren't biased and accept Nigerians.
No wonder Pakistani dominates Chinese scholarship.

Do you care to mention some of the schools that accept Nigerians especially the ones that accepted you, your mentee and friend? I spent over 60k applying for CSC scholarship this year and there is no reply from them so far.

Also, Pakistani also dominates erasmus_mundus scholarship. They came fourth as the country that produced most scholarship recipient.. There is no single Nigerian among.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
DAramis:

Do you care to mention some of the schools that accept Nigerians especially the ones that accepted you, your mentee and friend? I spent over 60k applying for CSC scholarship this year and there is no reply from them so far.

Also, Pakistani also dominates erasmus_mundus scholarship. They came fourth as the country that produced most scholarship recipient.. There is no single Nigerian among.

Over 60K?? Why .....wat were you trading with CSC. No application fee for CSC na.

I go shake table oooooo
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
efomzy:

Over 60K?? Why .....wat were you trading with CSC. No application fee for CSC na.

I go shake table oooooo
oga there is no table to shake... PTDF just made this Scholarship as simple as possible. if not, u would need ur transcript, passport, police report, language test before applying and other necessary logistics. the guy is right

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DXXMI: 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha, abeg no shake any table, scholarship application are not all free. Na so e just be bro

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by maxi505: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
Scholarship is about Quid pro quo... Something for something. You spend something to gain something.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ddkaka: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
How far with your IFP application @xkanta and @GraceM2017? If not, is there anything we can do based on the suggestions of our friends here.

Is there any IFP applicant here, please?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
KoolK:

oga there is no table to shake... PTDF just made this Scholarship as simple as possible. if not, u would need ur transcript, passport, police report, language test before applying and other necessary logistics. the guy is right

Oga CSC doesnot require language test from Nigerians. So basically you spent money on police report, medicals, passport and transcript.

All the same sha let's all keep faith alive for the final list. I wish us goodluck
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
DAramis:

China University of Petroleum, China University of Geosciences, Tianjin University. Google China University accepting Nigerians.

Good luck. All hope is not lost

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
After this year I no de apply any scholarship again. ABU or BUK or UNN shall be my abode for the next 4years cheesy
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
maxi505:
Scholarship is about Quid pro quo... Something for something. You spend something to gain something.
Yes o. Ptdf is less stressful and so simple with little or no financial requirements.

I have spent money writing GRE and other exams with lots of financial obligation yet rejected. It is trial and trial till one gets success.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
faceURfront:
After this year I no de apply any scholarship again. ABU or BUK or UNN shall be my abode for the next 4years cheesy
You can apply for Ptdf local scholarship then. Easier to get
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

You can apply for Ptdf local scholarship then. Easier to get

Yea. I ve never followed a thread on LSS, what are the benefits?

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.