Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 (13081 Views)

Top Most Anticipated Nigerian Albums Of 2022 / Top Ten Most Anticipated Nigerian Albums In 2021 / 7 Debut Albums We Are Earnestly Waiting To Drop In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Synord(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
As the year progresses, so also does expectations increases; amidst the expectation, we are anticipating the releases of these debut albums which were hitherto announced by the artistes in 2017. Surely 2018 would be very interesting one for the music industry. Below are the most anticipated debut albums for 2018;

Mayorkun
After being picked up by Davido’s DMW in 2016 following a rendition of one of Davido’s songs which he posted on twitter, Mayorkun dropped the monster hit ‘Eleko’ produced by Puffy Tee which went gathered a million views in just 10 days. Since then, the young lad has never looked back and has stayed on top of his game dropping hit singles. With scores of features like Whistle by DJ Consequence, Odo remix and Dblack’s Makoma among others, fans are already looking forward to what a Mayorkun’s album will be like and judging from his recent singles, it is going to be FIA.

Debut album in 2018! 80% of the songs are ready.. Let’s fire down! ��

— MAYORKUN (@IamMayorKun) December 31, 2017

Tekno
From the days of Holiday ft Davido and Onyenekwu ft Ice Prince, Tekno had always shown potentials. After signing to TripleMg under Ubi Franklin, Tekno dropped a string of hit songs one of which got him a deal with Universal Records. With over 100 million YouTube views and even a voluntary withdrawal from the next rated category at the 2016 Headies Awards, it can be said that Tekno is indeed a major act in the Nigerian entertainment circle. All this success he has achieved without a debut album. Many fans are of the opinion that the year 2018 is when Tekno’s debut album will drop.

Johnny Drille
After his stint at the 6th edition of MTN Project Fame in 2013, Johnny Drille kept the drive going until luck shined on him after he released a cover of Dija’s ‘Aww’ which caught Don Jazzy’s attention. With lots of well accepted hit singles, Johnny Drille is championing a new phase in the alternative music genre as regards the Nigerian entertainment industry. Currently signed to Mavin Record, we expect an excellent debut album from this wonderful singer.

LAX
Despite releasing a string of successful singles like Ginger ft Wizkid, Fine boy ft Olamide, Ole ft Dremo and YCEE, the former Starboy act has not dropped a debut album yet. The debut album tentatively titled ‘RAZAKI’ is expected to drop in 2018.

DONE SERVING MY COUNTRY ! NOW WE CAN DROP THE FIRE ALBUM ON THEM ����

A post shared by King Rasaki (@izzlax) on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:04am PDT

Maleek Berry
A MOBO nomination, a well received Last Daze of Summer EP, chart topping singles, over 20 million YouTube views and scores of hit music productions, producer turned singer, Maleek Shoyebi aka Maleek Berry has shown that he has what it takes to perform excellently in the music and music production fields of the entertainment industry. He broke out from his production field and crossed over into singing fully in 2017 and so far so good, the response has been amazing such that a lot of music listeners are looking forward to a debut album of his in the year 2018.

YCEE
After dropping hit singles like Jagaban, Omo Alhaji, Su mi and the mega hit single ‘Juice’ featuring Maleek Berry which Diddy grooved to on his social media page. With a commercially succcesful First wave EP as well as scoring a couple of hit collaborations, music listeners are looking forward to YCEE’s debut album especially as he has been classified as a singing rapper and critics are looking forward to scrutinizing the hip-hop and commercial value of the body of work YCEE will offering under his label, Tinny entertainment.

Poe
Show Dem Camp affiliate and Mavin star, Poe is widely known for his singles like Ko Ye Won, Gbe Sile and his hit single ‘Adore You’ not excluding collaborative efforts with SDC and BOJ on Feel Alright, Falz’ Marry Me and MI‘s All Fall Down which have achieved success in the Nigerian airwaves. Poe has been recognized as one of the sickest lyricists and rappers we currently have in Nigeria and Africa has a whole and lots of hip-hop fans and good music listeners are looking forward to his debut album in 2018.

www.tushmagazine.com.ng/7-debut-albums-earnestly-waiting-drop/
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
I no know why I don't like downloading Naija artistes albums.
I prefer downloading their Hit tracks.

But when international acts like Kendrick Lamar, 21savage , The weeknd, Ed -sheeran, Bruno Mars, Travis Scott, migos to mention few go release album.. I no dey waste time download am

#YOLO

18 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Elnino4ladies: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
Where is Dice Ailes and Koker?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Hotshawarma(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

But when international acts like Kendrick Lamar, 21savage , The weeknd, Ed -sheeran, Bruno Mars, Travis Scott, migos to mention few go release album.. I no dey waste time download am

#YOLO
Who asked you

26 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by TechGod(m): 4:50am On Jan 10, 2018
Lol, what of Korede Bello, I never hear from that guy for a long time
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Synord(m): 8:07am On Jan 10, 2018
TechGod:
Lol, what of Korede Bello, I never hear from that guy for a long time

Korede bello.already has an album

4 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Smellymouth: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2018
The only album when I dey anticipate for na Kiss Daniel's album..

Yeba!!

7 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Synord(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

#YOLO

so you have no Nigerian artiste you listen to at all..
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Bitchiamjay(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Synord:

so you have no Nigerian artiste you listen to at all..

lool not really, Like I said earlier, I prefer downloading their hit tracks... I listen to all.. Africa and international.

#YOLO
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Synord(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Snow02: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
OK but me I'm anticipating Anderson .paak debut, Kendrick Lamar Black panther, kiss Daniel, Travis Scott (astroworld), Isaiah rashad, ab soul,jay rock school boy q, frank ocean,earl swirtshirt,kanye west, pusha t (king push) asap rocky omo them plenty.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by ignis: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
Keep waiting...
Happy waiting....
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by pyyxxaro: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
sad

What about upcoming artist like

Efe big borther , Di'ja , video vixen B-red , ice prince , Weird MC , Azadus ,Alariwo , Zulezu etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by yinka2011: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
ok thanks for the info....back to easykobo to try and make some money in this market today....opportunities opening up.
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Only waiting for kiss daniel and maleek berry
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
The only naija album I use my money buy na that CEO dagrin that year.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mtcheew. Was expecting to see people Drake, J Cole...
Can't waste my mb downloading noise
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by CASTOSVILLA(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

#YOLO
Just downloaded Chris Brown "Heart break in the Moon". Mad album!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Youngadvocate(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
This is OP sef.

Who be Poo, sorry Poe?

Humblesmith wan release him album and you didn't give him mention.

Or he doesn't deserve it?
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by arejibadz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

#YOLO
same here

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Maj196(m): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bitchiamjay:

#YOLO
Guy u no lie

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Snow02: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
pyyxxaro:
sad

What about upcoming artist like

Efe big borther , Di'ja , video vixen B-red , ice prince , Weird MC , Azadus ,Alariwo , Zulezu etc
undecided[quote author=pyyxxaro post=64307961] sad u deh wait for efe and b red album??
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Snow02: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
CASTOSVILLA:
Just downloaded Chris Brown "Heart break in the Moon". Mad album!
*on the full moon, and yes it's mad but if you have finished listening to the 45 tracks there's still a deluxe version with over 15 tracks waiting for you LMAO
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by roqrules04(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Anticipating Meek mill to get out of prison and give us those jamz wink.

Gucci Mane's next album

Khalid

Lil yatchy grin and

Dej Loaf smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by wogabim: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
knkwhsiw
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by arejibadz(m): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
really waiting for migos-culture 2 ND fall out boy-mania
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
justscorchone:
The only naija album I use my money buy na that CEO dagrin that year.
lol
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by daclint(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Isorait, by the way reakwon just released his album titled, THE WILD, SHIT IS FIREEEEEE

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by arherfish(m): 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
I'm eagerly awaiting that of Wande coal's album

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by gulfer: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please add Airforce1's long awaited debut album cool cool cool cool
Re: 7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 by chukzyfcbb: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
arherfish:
I'm eagerly awaiting that of Wande coal's album
you sabi
this is the only Naija artiste besides M.I that I will download the album even without hearing any track on the radio.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Naira Marley - Ishe Yen / Tupac Was Murdered By The U.s Gov Because Of Killuminati_ / Best Of Ayaka Ozubulu DJ Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.