Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason (16398 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Angelanest: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has revealed why and how he developed a concept to live like an ordinary citizen despite his high status in the country. According to a report, the Ooni who revealed how he once boarded a bus in Lagos says he quite passionate about mankind - hence the decision to mingle with common people.

Read the report shared below by the Ooni's palace on behalf of the monarch.

There Was a time I Boarded the BRT Bus In Lagos. The Reason Is Very Simple; I am Quite Passionate About Mankind, So I Developed a Concept to live like the Common Man At least Once Every Month Because I Believe We Did Not Come Into this World With Anything.

I Would Drop Everything I Have to live like An Average Man Struggling In life. I Would Visit People Under the Bridge, Ride On a Motorcycle And Board a ‘Molue’ to Wherever I Was Going In Lagos. It Was Very Stressful But those times Were My Best Moments In life Because I Got to Relate With the Real People. I Saw their Sufferings And Felt their Plights.

When I Ascended the throne, I Requested the Elders to Grant Me the Opportunity to Continue the Concept, but they Did Not Agree, So I Coined a New One that Would Go In line With the throne, Which Is Stopping My Convoy Whenever I get to a Particular Open Place With Moderate Crowd And Buy ‘Boli’ (Roasted Plantain) And ‘Dundu’ And Other Basic Food Items Because We Don’t Have to Forget Where We Are Coming From In life.

Which Position Are you that Nobody Has Never Been In life? When you Serve Mankind, you Serve God. Our People Have Disconnected From the Less-Privileged And the Downtrodden.

Each time I Stop, the People Are Always Happy And My Security Men Are Usually Afraid And they Caution Me to Get Into the Car But I Always Make them Realise that I Cannot Be Harmed By these People. They Are Just Excited And I am Always Happy to Be In their Midst. At times, I Would Not Come Out of the Car.

But Most times, I Do Get Out to Shake People’s Hands and I would Buy From them What they’re Selling And Pay them Higher than What they Have Sold.

I Will Be Sick if I Am Not With the Common People; It Has Always Been My Lifestyle.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/ooni-of-ife-reveals-why-he-like-to-mingle-with-the-common-people.html

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by squarelead(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
God bless you sir. And me too o.

34 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Agbaletu: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
Angelanest:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has revealed why and how he developed a concept to live like an ordinary citizen despite his high status in the country. According to a report, the Ooni who revealed how he once boarded a bus in Lagos says he quite passionate about mankind - hence the decision to mingle with common people.

Read the report shared below by the Ooni's palace on behalf of the monarch.

There Was a time I Boarded the BRT Bus In Lagos. The Reason Is Very Simple; I am Quite Passionate About Mankind, So I Developed a Concept to live like the Common Man At least Once Every Month Because I Believe We Did Not Come Into this World With Anything.

I Would Drop Everything I Have to live like An Average Man Struggling In life. I Would Visit People Under the Bridge, Ride On a Motorcycle And Board a ‘Molue’ to Wherever I Was Going In Lagos. It Was Very Stressful But those times Were My Best Moments In life Because I Got to Relate With the Real People. I Saw their Sufferings And Felt their Plights.

When I Ascended the throne, I Requested the Elders to Grant Me the Opportunity to Continue the Concept, but they Did Not Agree, So I Coined a New One that Would Go In line With the throne, Which Is Stopping My Convoy Whenever I get to a Particular Open Place With Moderate Crowd And Buy ‘Boli’ (Roasted Plantain) And ‘Dundu’ And Other Basic Food Items Because We Don’t Have to Forget Where We Are Coming From In life.

Which Position Are you that Nobody Has Never Been In life? When you Serve Mankind, you Serve God. Our People Have Disconnected From the Less-Privileged And the Downtrodden.

Each time I Stop, the People Are Always Happy And My Security Men Are Usually Afraid And they Caution Me to Get Into the Car But I Always Make them Realise that I Cannot Be Harmed By these People. They Are Just Excited And I am Always Happy to Be In their Midst. At times, I Would Not Come Out of the Car.

But Most times, I Do Get Out to Shake People’s Hands and I would Buy From them What they’re Selling And Pay them Higher than What they Have Sold.

I Will Be Sick if I Am Not With the Common People; It Has Always Been My Lifestyle.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/ooni-of-ife-reveals-why-he-like-to-mingle-with-the-common-people.html
Many people have forgotten their roots.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by 3millionia: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Found

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by donstan18: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ps4 v'got more value worldwide than all these traditional sh*ts!!

They are all common people, the only difference is the level of juju they live with.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by SicilianMafia: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2018

Mr Ooni Make We hear would jaare ...... Saraki is also a common man abi?.... Trying to make sense when you don already cast yourself grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Treasure1919(f): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
I also do love to
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by NaoSlay: 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018

If you like, mingle with aliens, no one cares.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
Isn't he himself an ordinary citizen?

Just wanna start trouble. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by tobioluwa53(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
attention seekers ;Dattention seekers
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by akeentech(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Isn't he himself an ordinary citizen?

Just wanna start trouble. grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by ableguy(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
My friend said that Arsenal's
hope of defending d FA cup
didn't last 4-2 long... Lmao

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by AngelicBeing: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by ebujany(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
smiley
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by oshe11: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
So he is UNCOMMON

Like he has 2dicks, 3eyes or...

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by ddddon(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ooni of life. I am Igbo and I like you o ja re

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by staystrong(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Cccjdd
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by lonelydora: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ooni my man
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Charlesdock(m): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Good one.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by pamdaniel(m): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Who are the common and the not common?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by oshe11: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Treasure1919:
I also do love to
I honestly think ur makeup is TOO MUCH
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by ebujany(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
Am wondering what we are meant to do with this news?

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by oshe11: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
ableguy:
My friend said that Arsenal's hope of defending d FA cup didn't last 4-2 long... Lmao
because they stayed in the FOREST 4-2 LONG

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by momodub: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nice one
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Is he speaking from prison
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by 1899Milan: 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
It takes alot to be humble when you have it all.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by abdulaz: 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
That’s nice.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by ufuosman(m): 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
No matter say I comot, I know were I come for. kip it up sir
Re: Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason by seedsower(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
I love this man, He is one in a million.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is Dead! / What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? / ILE IFE ' Olojo Festival 2017' - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.