Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,098 members, 7,835,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti (716 Views)

President Buhari Lands In Maiduguri To Sympathise With Victims Of Terror Attack / Saraki Is In Trouble, If Anything Happens To These People Says Kwara Group / 4 Gang Leaders Accompanied Saraki To Sympathise With Offa Monarch — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 6:16am On Jan 10, 2018
George Okoh in Makurdi
Paramount ruler of Tiv people of Benue State, Professor James Ayatse, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari, to visit the state and placate the people who are grieving heavily over the death of more than 50 persons killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

The Tor Tiv who said this yesterday while speaking with journalists in Gboko Local Government Area, reminded the President that Benue people voted massively for him and as such, it behooves on him to identify with them at a time they have been brutally attacked and are mourning.

He said: “I am expecting that the president will come but if he doesn’t, then that means he is not treating us as friends. Even if he comes and waves at the people and say I feel your pain and sorrow, it will do a lot of good. When he comes himself, his whole being will be here and the impact on the people will be greater than sending representatives.”
The monarch described the attacks as ‘barbaric’, calculated and coordinated genocide on the Tiv nation, decrying that it was done in a merciless manner and has continued unabated.

He said the federal government reacted too slow to the warnings given by the state Governor, Samuel Ortom, of impending attacks by the herdsmen, stating that he is not satisfied with the efforts made so far by the government in deploying troops to stop the attacks as well as the comments made by the Inspector General of Police (IG) describing the killings as ‘communal clash’.

“I am yet to understand the reason for the slaughtering of our people. We feel very unhappy that it is happening to us as citizens of Nigeria. We sacrificed for the unity of this country. There is no household that you go to in Tiv land that you will not find a soldier who fought for this country. The killings have continued even as I talk with you.

“The federal government has made some efforts but I am not satisfied with the efforts. For the IG to describe it as communal clash is not fair. We do not share border with Fulani people so why would anyone say that it is a communal clash.

“Anarchy and impunity have taken over our country. I hoped with the coming of the IG, Ibrahim Idris, we would see more seriousness.. We will see their action and the kind of mandate they have. If they (herdsmen) stop killing my people, then I will know the government is serious,” Ayatse maintained.
Commenting on the proposed establishment of colonies by the federal government, he said the practice is alien especially to an area where the people are not cattle rearers, averring that there is already an existing law in the state.

“I do not know if it is a federal government law which should be domesticated in the states. I do not know the import of the pronouncement. I have not been briefed adequately on it,” he added.
The traditional ruler explained that the Council of Northern Traditional Rulers has set up a committee on the crisis, adding that individual member of the council has meditated in ensuring an end to the crisis

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/10/buhari-should-come-to-benue-state-and-sympathise-with-the-people-says-tor-tiv/
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 6:23am On Jan 10, 2018
I kind of agree with you sire

Not during electioneering campaign alone
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by Preshy561(f): 6:24am On Jan 10, 2018
keep dreaming..buhari is too selfish to recognise the dead.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Preshy561:

Whao a new PDP online recruit

Just doing well

Keep it up
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by mybestlove(m): 6:36am On Jan 10, 2018
G
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by mamaafrik(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2018
He wont come but could send his vp,u wan trap him abi,wetin u want him to say
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by RZArecta(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2018
Why will Buhari come and sympathize with you over the activities of his foot soldiers ? You must be joking sir
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by RZArecta(m): 6:57am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Just doing well

Keep it up
Fulani herdsmen are conducting a large scale genocide and all you can think of is PDP, you need help my brother
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by AishaBuhari: 6:57am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:
I kind of agree with you sire

Not during electioneering campaign alone

Stop this bad habits of being the OP and FTC at the same time. This is 2018

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by AishaBuhari: 6:58am On Jan 10, 2018
Preshy561:
Buhari waits for them to die then he appoints the dead.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2018
RZArecta:
Fulani herdsmen are conducting a large scale genocide and all you can think of is PDP, you need help my brother

You need more help Bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by AishaBuhari: 7:00am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Just doing well

Keep it up
Hope you don't change your moniker when things go sour against your lord and savior Buhari
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 7:01am On Jan 10, 2018
AishaBuhari:

Hope you don't change your moniker when things go sour against your lord and savior Buhari

Am a patriot

I will be the first to go against him when he goes wrong
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sdindan: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2018
Don't mind the useless agama lizard called Buhari.
Where his mind is, is Abia State.
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by aolawale025: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2018
For where! He won't have the liver for that
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by AishaBuhari: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Am a patriot

I will be the first to go against him when he goes wrong
[img]https:///media/1-10-2018/VXdGon.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2018
AishaBuhari:

Fulani herdsmen are helping to format sarrki's brain to factory settings grin
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by Jesusloveyou: 7:57am On Jan 10, 2018
Yes buhari should go but not because they massively voted for him according to tor tiv
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by yebokos(f): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2018
BOVAS gets petrol from NNPC and it sells at N143 per litre.

NNPC Mega stations get petrol from NNPC and selling at N145.
Why?

And Ibe Kachikwu said NNPC is losing N900m for selling petrol at N145...

So how much is Bovas losing for selling petrol at N143?

#copied
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by zombieTRACKER: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Just doing well

Keep it up

Everything is about politics... Religion and ethnicity to you

Odikwa really bad oo sad
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by SalamRushdie: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2018
You are wasting your time ..he wont come ..Tor tiv just prepare your people to join other well meaning Nigerians to give Buhari a resounding defeat that will be heard all the way in Daura at the polls
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by zombieTRACKER: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Yes buhari should go but not because they massively voted for him

You know Buhari is too busy
He will soon travel abroad
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by Jesusloveyou: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Everything is about politics... Religion and ethnicity to you

Odikwa really bad oo sad
no oo,
It is only idiotic pigs of Biafra that see everything as politics, ethnicity and religious, or is that not the primary reason you hated buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by ajepako(f): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Just doing well

Keep it up

Sarrki, this is not a matter of APC or PDP anymore

It is about man's inhumanity, blood letting and obvious ethnic cleansing and government inability and unwillingness to stop it..

Have a heart please..

Omoluabi kii fi Iku yo eda egbe e
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by ajepako(f): 9:17am On Jan 10, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Yes buhari should go but not because they massively voted for him according to tor tiv

So according to you, Buhari is the president of 'only those who massively voted for him"?

Do you listen to yourself at all?
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2018
ajepako:

It is about man's inhumanity, blood letting and obvious ethnic cleansing and government inability and unwillingness to stop it..

Have a heart please..

Sis Mi the day they stopped politicizing the herdsmen men attack issue then there will be no solutions to the crisis

It has been on since 2001 why making it look as if its this time around ?
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
no oo,
It is only idiotic pigs of Biafra that see everything as politics, ethnicity and religious, or is that not the primary reason you hated buhari.

You are a nationalist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by DLondonboiy: 9:20am On Jan 10, 2018
sarrki:

Sis Mi the day they stopped politicizing the herdsmen men attack issue then there will be no solutions to the crisis

It has been on since 2001 why making it look as if its this time around ?

Eyaaa.

It's a pity
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by sarrki(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are wasting your time ..he wont come ..Tor tiv just prepare your people to join other well meaning Nigerians to give Buhari a resounding defeat that will be heard all the way in Daura at the polls

Bros you guys are losing it

It started long ago

You need to cone to this axis and see
Re: Buhari Should Come To Benue State And Sympathise With The People, Says Tor Ti by Evablizin(f): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2018
ajepako:

Have a heart please..

Please tell him,any little thing he will call you pdp member or ipob youth. Too bad.

(1) (Reply)

Kogi APC Crisis Worsens As Faction Expels Chairman / Jonathan Offers Amnesty To Boko Haram Members - May 30, 2014 / Updated: Why Trump Invited Buhari To Washington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.