Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,174 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! (819 Views)

Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers / I Warned Nigeria Of Dana Plane Crash Through Tribune Newspaper! - TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by volasunkan: 12:50am On Apr 10, 2010
I read the comment of Igbokwe,AC publicity Secretary,Lagos State chapter seriouly,using very strong words, condemning The Sun newspaper for promoting" the sword of Damocles" IBB 2010 PRESIDENCY PROJECT.Infact,according to him,unless the Sun desists,it may sound the death knell to the newspaper outfit.Little did i know that the Sun is not alone in this evil plan,while Orji Uso Kalu,PROPRIETOR OF THE SUN was promised IBB V.P, it suddenly dawned on me that TRIBUNE was doing same!Every day i visit the Tribune newspaper website,there is a publicity stunt for the EVIL GENIUS and dictator in a newspaper founded and owned by the GREAT SAGE(Obafemi Awolowo)!By now Papa Awo is turning in his grave and heaping curses on the generation of people behind this evil plan.
Imagine IBB USING AWO's tribune to deny stealing the $12billion gulf war oil windfall!Read this for example:

[b]$12.4bn scam: Okigbo never indicted me - Babangida
| Print | E-mail
Written by Bola Badmus

Former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, on Thursday, clarified that contrary to belief in some quarters, the Dr. Pius Okigbo panel report never indicted him on the $12.4billion gulf oil windfall, just as he took a swipe at those accusing him of corruption, based on the alleged report.

Following current moves being made by General Babangida to contest the 2011 presidential poll, a coalition of civil rights’ groups, including Social Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), Access to Justice (AJ), Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) and Nigeria Voters Assembly (VOTAS), was said to have written a petition to the new Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, asking him to prosecute the former military president.

The group, in its petition dated April 7, 2010, threatened to go to court to compel the justice minister to try the former military president.

Babangida, in a press release issued and signed by his spokesman, Prince Kassim Afegbua and entitled: “Who is Afraid of General Ibrahim Babangida?, denied that he was ever indicted by the Okigbo panel saying what the report said was that much funds were concentrated on infrastructural development of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, which it considered was not a priority.

Besides, Babangida said the report also called for the overhaul of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to enable it perform its functions optimally.

“The report, while calling for the reforms of the Central Bank of Nigeria also recommended the dismissal and retirement of some key staff of the apex Bank”, General Babangida had said in the press release.

Addressing the issue further, Babangida’s spokesman, Prince Afegbua, who is also acting national chairman, National Democratic Party (NDP) declared that the idea of $12.4billion oil windfall only existed in the imagination of those who were largely unfamiliar with the issues of the time, pointing out that there was nothing like multi-billion dollar windfall.

MY VERDICT[/b]:
Let us boycott these newspapers and i suspect gbenga daniel's hand in the whole cover up,it started after that his wasteful birthday bash where IBB was made the chairman of the occassion.What do you guys think?
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by bkbabe97: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2010
volasunkan:

MY VERDICT[/b]:
Let us boycott these newspapers and i suspect  gbenga daniel's hand in the whole cover up,it started after that his wasteful birthday bash where IBB was made the chairman of the occassion.What do you guys think?

I think we gotta first ask ojukwuw , he Endorsed Babangida already!!!!
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by volasunkan: 1:09am On Apr 10, 2010
YOU MEAN OJUKWU THE 'NDIGBO GENERAL'! shocked

IS THAT SO? shocked cry cry cry cry cry
Source pls
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by snowdrops(m): 1:22am On Apr 10, 2010
Wonders they say. . . . . . .

Only in naija
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by slap1(m): 7:05am On Apr 10, 2010
Confused post of a confused poster.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by slap1(m): 7:07am On Apr 10, 2010
Confused post of a confused poster.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by bkbabe97: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2010
volasunkan:

YOU MEAN OJUKWU THE 'NDIGBO GENERAL'! shocked

IS THAT SO? shocked cry cry cry cry cry
Source pls

Yep it is so. THe greedy, bearded, senile, monkey. read the following link :

http://www.ifeyinka.com/2010/04/ibb-should-return-says-dim-odumegwu.html
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by monkeyleg: 9:31am On Apr 10, 2010
@bk/babe97,

The link below is no clear evidence that Ojukwu backs IBB. Please always provide clear and verified sources to any claim.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by bkbabe97: 9:34am On Apr 10, 2010
Homie, I'm sure u can read!!! Listen, I aint got time for semantics or verbal gymnastics. If ure gonna play the usual game of "ignoring the truth" find someone else to play it with. I provided the link, u do the reading. Peace!!!
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by igboboy1(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2010
bk/babe97:

Homie, I'm sure u can read!!! Listen, I aint got time for semantics or verbal gymnastics. If ure gonna play the usual game of "ignoring the truth" find someone else to play it with. I provided the link, u do the reading. Peace!!!
\
school na good thing o, apparently you didnt even read the article and you just took one line and emphasised that line, dullard
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by monkeyleg: 10:04am On Apr 10, 2010
Igboboy, well said.

@bk/babe97,

From what you read, did Ikemba really endorse IBB? is that what your understanding arrives at? If so, no problem. But as I read am, Ojukwu did not endorse IBB.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by Sunofgod(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2010
All media outlets in Nigeria are controlled and influenced by negative sources.

We all must learn to read between the lines.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by volasunkan: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ slap1,pls were is d confusion,my post is backed with facts,visit sahararepoters website for igbokwe's view and tribune site for my findings,if you cant use hard facts to match mine,abeg lo sun!
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by MeAboki(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2010
Exerpts of the interview from the link provided in this thread did NOT show that the Ikemba endorsed IBB. Rather, it clearly showed the Ikemba stating the obvious i.e. IBB like any other nigerian citizen has a right to contest in so far as the constitution allows it and people are ready to vote for him, period.
I am no IBB supporter, however, I believe people have rights and that we should respect them.

As for the newspaper it also has a right to endorse whoever it wants. Besides, I wouldnt think Awo would have any issues with IBB as they were not contemporaries.

@ poster, if you dont like IBB, dont vote for him or if you dont like the newspaper, boycut it as you had indicated - or better still, buy your own so that you can reshape political mindsets according to your own agenda.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by kosovo(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Me_Aboki

@ poster, if you dont like IBB, dont vote for him or if you dont like the newspaper, boycut it as you had indicated - or better still, buy your own so that you can reshape political mindsets according to your own agenda.
Couldn't agree less. . . If you Don't like Him, Don't vote for him, IBB 2011 cheesy
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by Basics007: 8:39am On Apr 12, 2010
This is no suprise. The Tribune newspapers lost it's way a long time.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by metalgong5(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2010
bk/babe97:

Yep it is so. THe greedy, bearded, senile, monkey. read the following link :

http://www.ifeyinka.com/2010/04/ibb-should-return-says-dim-odumegwu.html

Why is this jobless latino bastar.d always enthused with anything that has to do with Igbos. . . .As I have told you several times, your mother's yoruba booty mate whom you take as your step father is really of no use, you better start to look for your biological father.
Re: Unbelievable!tribune Newspaper Promoting Ibb 2010! by volasunkan: 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
sun owned by orji uso kalu
independent owned by ibori
compass owned by gbenga daniel
the guardian owned by cecilia ibru's family
the nation owned by tinubu
the monitor owned by arisekola
the champion owned by nwanyanwu

now tribune loses its credibility,we are in soup except u can reach saharareporters

even all the good names ve bin taken,maybe mine will be nairaland newspaper!

(1) (Reply)

Ibori's Chase: Security/efcc Men Beaten At Oghara Town By Militants - Break/news / Power Sector: Fashola Urges Clear Articulation Of Roadmap By Fg / Konsolidation Konverge Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.