Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning (21609 Views)

TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top Spot In India’s Smartphone Market / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by fixedhollies(m): 7:46am On Jan 11, 2018
Phones screen may bcom more expensive.. Don't break a screen

1 Like

Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by TigoRymes: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
Good

Now I can buy note 4 UK used grin

HP 250 laptop for sale...4gb RAM, 500 GB HDD.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by sinaj(f): 7:50am On Jan 11, 2018
phlamesG:

sarah smiley
Flamesss

Good morning dear.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by esorison(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2018
I was wowed by the unveiling cos they did beat the smartphone manufacturing giants to the game. A nice move from China; building a better economy through innovations.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by cadesky(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2018
Who cares, I'm just too cool with my "NOTE 4 PRO"
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by AiiVee(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2018
please, how is this diff from the on screen fingerprint sensor in Oukitel
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Witnes: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2018
A gionee phone I use presently has it, not new.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by vertueptime: 8:25am On Jan 11, 2018
Later apple will sue them for the same finger print in 2025
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by bily(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2018
lanre316:
Mtcheew. Attention seeking third rate phone manufacturer trying to get noticed by referencing big giants aka Samsung and Apple. You think Samsung won't have done it if they wanted to years ago.

BTW, what if vivo again. Don't tell me it's a afterthought product of Volvo dabbling in phone manufacturing.

You don't really know what you're talking about.

Oppo, one plus and vivo are owned by the same company BBK
Vivo is their premium brand. Quite expensive compared to most china phones
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by ewizard1: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2018
Jethrolite:
Samsung moving the finger print scanner to the back made the phone look like low grade Chinese phones. I'm hoping they will take after vivo, until then, I'm quite satisfied with my year old S7 edge duos.
They had no choice than to move with the trend. With the size their phone takes, it takes extra finger move to access the fingerprint on the Home button so I was expecting to see them do that. Now they even got it wrong on the S8/Note8 with the fingerprint close to the Camera, as most users complain difficulty in locating the sensor without smearing the camera glass.

It's going to be better on the S9 I think as they are moving the fingerprint under the camera for easy access.

I still give it to Infinix devices for that Fingerprint placement anytime, to me, they are the path-blazer
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by lanre316: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2018
bily:

You don't really know what you're talking about.

Oppo, one plus and vivo are owned by the same company BBK
Vivo is their premium brand. Quite expensive compared to most china phones

O my, you're right o. I stand corrected.

https://www.androidauthority.com/bbk-third-biggest-phone-manufacturer-808839/
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by dHustle: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
non of Vivo parts dey nigerian market... What are talking about?
The way I de handle my vivo sef, e pass egg, make screen no go do me shege. embarassed
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by phlamesG: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2018
sinaj:
Flamesss

Good morning dear.

Good morning cutie
what's up?
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by sinaj(f): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2018
phlamesG:

Good morning cutie
what's up?
m finee n u
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 11, 2018
247TechBlog:
http://247techblog.com/2018/01/09/vivo-beats-samsung-apple-to-introduce-on-screen-fingerprint-scanning/
i love your website and i love what you are doing bro. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to partnering with you.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Flexyub1: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2018
lol
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Flexyub1: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2018
GreenCampaign:
I wonder the kinda dreams these guys in developed countries have when they go to bed.

I'm sure its not the type we have down here.

Some nights you have to choose between "sweating" or letting "mosquitoes" have their meal.

God bless Nigeria Politicians.

lol

1 Like

Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2018
Ebuka2016:

i love your website and i love what you are doing bro. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to partnering with you.

Wow!

Thank you for the feedback bro. I just started and it would be nice to partner with someone

Many thanks smiley
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2018
eezeribe:

Is it God that gives phone to people...
Maybe it's God who also manufactured the on-screen fingerprint scanning technology...
That's why we only know how to consume and review in Nigeria...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

God gave them the brain though. I am sure Nigerians can do better if given the chance and an enabling environment
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Jethrolite(m): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2018
ewizard1:

I still give it to Infinix devices for that Fingerprint placement anytime, to me, they are the path-blazer
I agree with you on this, infinix leads. Samsung really needs to sit up as the present generation of consumers are not really loyal to brand name. If they fail with the next iteration of their flagship device, the market will definitely react.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by ugwum007(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2018
I thought the screen will be the fingerprint scanner but there is a gui underneath it. I am quite disappointed
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Benwems(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
I thought Samsung s5 got front screen in scanner
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Anuoluwapo23(f): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nawa oo itel will do same too soon...lol ya'll should try the new S32
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2018
247TechBlog:

Wow!

Thank you for the feedback bro. I just started and it would be nice to partner with someone

Many thanks smiley
it doesnt even look like you just started, you already have lots of posts. Keep it up bro. I will contact you once am ready
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by phlamesG: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2018
sinaj:
m finee n u

Same here
what do you say we chill sometime wink
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by DjAndroid: 9:42am On Jan 12, 2018
Dontripsy:
this is on-screen fingerprint not front fingerprint scanner like you have in nokia 6

What's the difference abeg
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Darkseid(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
Abeg which kind noobs full this thread. It's really annoying to read the comments on this topic.
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ebuka2016:

it doesnt even look like you just started, you already have lots of posts. Keep it up bro. I will contact you once am ready

Okay, I will be waiting

Check www.247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides

You will love it wink
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
247TechBlog:

Okay, I will be waiting

Check www.247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides
You will love it wink

i already love it!
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Kaykerry(m): 10:11am On Jan 28, 2018
Anuoluwapo23:
Nawa oo itel will do same too soon...lol ya'll should try the new S32
The phone mahd ghan....Dope one from itel
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Reeberry: 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Witnes:
A gionee phone I use presently has it, not new.
Which Gionee?
Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by Reeberry: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
dHustle:
The way I de handle my vivo sef, e pass egg, make screen no go do me shege. embarassed
Make I see some screenshots of the phone abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check Balance On Airtel Night Plans / Infinix Smartphones That Will Make “Davido's Concert” More Brighter, Better / 10 Ways To Make Your Android Phone Run Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.