Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE (12660 Views)

Top 10 Candidates In 2023 UTME As Announced By JAMB / This Animal Lives For Only 24 Hours// Shortest Life Span Ever�� / Top Ten Institutions Chosen As First Choice By Candidates In 2018 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Hafeezson(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2018
TONYE001:

The issue IS NOT the number of candidates that wrote the exam. Our concern is the percent of the candidates that passed. It is way TOO POOR. It tells a lot about the level of education in your state.

According to the post, only 12.9% passed; this is not even up to "half of the half.."

From the provided data, it implies that only 1.29 (i.e. 1...heck, let's just say 2) person(s) passed the exam in every 10....assuming only 10 persons sat for the exam. You get the picture now, yes?

Something is not just right, sir.
It's true but the word u say as THEY ARE NO READY TO LEAN IS MY CONCERN
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Hafeezson(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol, you didn't ask me where, you just rebuffed my statement. I said lived in Zamfara for 4years +. What is the past tense there that you don't understand?

Talata Mafara Local Government.

And virtual every students in AGP are paid scholarship every session and their school fees if at all they pay is 1/4 of what non indigenes pay. This is a fact that you can't call a lie.

Apart from that, every student in Agwaragi Secondary School have their WAEC/NECO paid by the State government and other philanthropist and that's how it is in every state government school in the state.

If at all you live in Zamfara and you are not aware, it's because you didn't try to take advantage of the so called scholarship. But trust me, there is.
My brother at this term no scholarship is given to any student in Zamfara. I'm in Gusau, but I did my ND in Computer science at thesame Mafara you lived
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by SirLakes: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
Na dem dey slow us down nah

24 peere......aiye le o
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by nellyelitz(m): 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
Why are they even wasting their time with these exams...
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by olayinkajnr(m): 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hafeezson:

My brother at this term no scholarship is given to any student in Zamfara. I'm in Gusau, but I did my ND in Computer science at thesame Mafara you lived

That has been the norm. I left Mafara 2013 permanently but something took me there June, 2017.

And I'm telling you what is still in vogue. My colleague Bashir who happens to be the son of the Imam in AGP mosque is a friend of mine. NaAllah who happened to be my one time lecturer is a friend of mine too. So, I know what I'm saying. You can't say they don't give them scholarship if you don't apply.

If you are an indigene, you have an entitlement thats paid to you. That I can debate anywhere. At least to this date, I have friends in Zamfara State Student Association in AGP. And you cannot deny the fact that indigene pay 1/4 of what non indigenes pay. The little payment is as a result of the scholarship issued by the state government per session which is still on. It never stopped. In fact, when I schooled there, indigene pay as little as 6k for Tuition fee. Their total fee ain't even up to 18k. While they 18k is the tuition fee for non indigenes before paying for other miscellaneous too.

Btw, that's not the point I'm trying to bring. What I'm trying to say is, despite the fact that they have free access to education than non indigenes, they don't utilise it. Despite the fact that their leaders pay them to learn, they don't utilise it. So the blame shouldn't be on the government alone but the so called students too.

And if you are not an indigene and you just went to T/Mafara to study for 2 years (ND), don't argue with someone that spent his entire life in the North.

Not just Zamfara. It's the norm in the North. In Kaduna State, admission form to any state government owned institution is completely free, yet the youths don't take advantage.

During Wamako's tenure in Sokoto state, there was scholarship for indigenes to study in Cyprus (everything covered). Only few turned out despite the fact that there are much allocations for that purpose.
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Charles1110(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Interesting
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by dadabashua1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
myners007:
im sure dat 90% of d successful ones are southerners residents in d state
we share thesame view I tell u
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by olayinkajnr(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hafeezson:

The case that we (ZAMFARAS) have less concern interm of Nov/Dec NECO
hint: not that we are not ready to learn bros.

So Kai dan Zamfara ne?

Aii Yari ya pata muku gari wallahi. Bari mu yi connecting. Kana whatsapp?
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Hafeezson(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=olayinkajnr post=64097740]

That has been the norm. I left Mafara 2013 permanently but something took me there June, 2017.

And I'm telling you what is still in vogue. My colleague Bashir who happens to be the son of the Imam in AGP mosque is a friend of mine. NaAllah who happened to be my one time lecturer is a friend of mine too. So, I know what I'm saying. You can't say they don't give them scholarship if you don't apply.

If you are an indigene, you have an entitlement thats paid to you. That I can debate anywhere. At least to this date, I have friends in Zamfara State Student Association in AGP. And you cannot deny the fact that indigene pay 1/4 of what non indigenes pay. The little payment is as a result of the scholarship issued by the state government per session which is still on.
Bros that account details nd the rest of what u listed is true. But nobody will get alert. It's my state no matter how i must know thing that are going on there better than u. What ur frnd tell u is lie
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Hafeezson(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
olayinkajnr:

So Kai dan Zamfara ne?

Aii Yari ya pata muku gari wallahi. Bari mu yi connecting. Kana whatsapp?
Yap but i lost my phone for a while up to now i don't have big phone to do whatsapp
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by dammyluv911(f): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
even d 184 dat register might b non zamfaras
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Annydora(f): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
everyother tribe blast the north about their por level of education but forget that they get well paid jobs even in the govt houses uneducated
they get the highest votes as well in elections.etc.so what are we saying.
we gonna strive hard to bring them to even if its an average level of the education system.

Have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
You get guaranteed delivery, delivery reports or sms refunds
(or your money back) if your messages are not delivered.
www.smsmarketingportal.com
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by guru03(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
flimsy2:
The long post said it all...I served in the north,the literate (south) believes this people are backwards...this is one of the reasons the accept what ever that first come to them..if we educate them Nigeria will be a better place to be...

Later all appointment will go to north as if the value education.
Re: Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE by Jimmywale44(m): 7:01am On Jan 15, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]Please how true is this write up? Has it been released for real.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the release of the 2017 November/December Senior School Certificate Examination results.
The Registrar of the Council, Charles Uwakwe, a professor, announced the results on Tuesday at its headquarters in Minna.
Mr. Uwakwe said that a total of 42, 985 candidates registered for the examination and 42, 429 wrote the examination in 28 subjects.
He said 24, 098 candidates representing 56.79 per cent had five credits and above.
The registrar said that 32, 917 candidates representing 77.58 per cent had five credits irrespective of English Language and Mathematics.
Mr. Uwakwe explained that 32, 701 candidates representing 78.82 per cent had credit and above in Mathematics.
He said that 29, 258 candidates representing 70 per cent had credits and above in English Language.
According to him, 4,425 candidates, representing 10.43 per cent were involved in examination malpractice.
The registrar noted that the number represented 5.9 per cent reduction in examination malpractice compared to 2016 record.
Mr. Uwakwe said that the results were released on time to enable candidates who needed them for the admission for 2017/2018 academic session.
“It will please the general public to know that this is the first time the council is releasing result of Nov/Dec SSCE results barely 38 days after the test.
“The early and timely release of the 2017 Nov/Dec SSCE result is in line with the council new work ethos that borders on efficient service delivery,” he said.
Mr. Uwakwe said that the feat was possible as a result of deployment of improved logistics that ensured appropriate standards.
He urged the candidates to access their results on NECO Website – www.mynecoexams.com, using their examination registration numbers and the council approved result checker.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ogun State was best in performance of the 2017 SSCE Nov/Dec. Examination.
Ogun had a percentage of 91. 42 per cent of candidates had five credits and above followed by Akwa – Ibom with 87.97 per cent and Oyo with a percentage of 86.90 per cent.
NAN reports that Plateau topped the list of the examination malpractice with 943 cases, representing 21.31 per cent followed by Oyo with 884 cases, representing 19.97 per cent.
Adamawa is the third on 464 cases of examination malpractice, representing 10.48 per cent.
(

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Shut Schools Where Pupils Are Defiled / How To Purchase 2018 JAMB PIN On Remita / Protest In ATBU Over Lack Of Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.