Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings (27265 Views)

‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist / Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by KrystosCJ(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Are you sure the IGP is not a herdsman in police uniform?

4 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by micfoley: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
I lost faith in this IGP the moment he resumed and immediately accused his predecessor of carting away so many vehicles without any Investigations

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by gameboyo: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
doctokwus:
This Idris in saner climes would be at best a policeman that puts on a uniform to accompany officers when they go to make arrests or securing the roads when dignitaries are passing through an area.
But in this place under Buhari he is an IGP.
Any wonder Nigeria is at present most insecure in our history?

Hahahaha hah. Why are guys so funny. Can't just stop laughing

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Jabioro: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nothing meaningful from that buca cavity..believe him at your peril.OYO!

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Awoleesu(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sunnycliff:
He's a fulani man and part of the grand plan including the chief of army staff and dambazzau. Am not surprised since Buhari have maintained prolonged silence
I respect your views. However, Idris is Nupe, Buratai is Kanuri (Boko Haram's official language), only Dambazzau is from that hybrid ethnic they call Hausa/Fulani. Worthy of note is that despite their ethnic differences, they all (including their C-in-C) view issues through same lens of Islamism!

3 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Boyooosa(m): 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
And he goofed....

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Mrflyguy: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
He was only speaking the mind of his employer

That was what he told his employer . failed to carry out thorough investigation before concluding

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
that is to say, without investigation he just jump into conclussion

People are bound to make errors. It is a good thing that he apologized.
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by limamintruth: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
magoo10:
Even a child is aware that these are coordinated terrorist attacks.

True! I really wonder why Govt is refusing to accept the fact that these attackers are terrorists masquerading as herdsmen. They are no different from Bokoharam.

The day the govt comes to terms with that reality will be the day a lasting solution will be found.

3 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Like Nigeria president like his subordinates.

When Nigeria government security agencies ought to have been preventing any attacks from taking place, Nigeria government security agencies are busy looting general public in broad daylight giving herdsmen terrorists clearances to carry out their attacks.

Who knows which community Fulani herdsmen terrorists planning to carry out their attacks once the current atrocities has been forgotten in few weeks time?

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by castrokins(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
Where's The Apology?

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by FBIL: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
NO TERRORIST ORGANIZATION CAN LAST MORE THAN 24 HOURS IF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY IS NOT BENEFITTING FROM IT.
............GEN.SANNI ABACHA.

3 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Paparazzi67: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
So the Nigeria army has refused to play the drums for Fulani headsmen to dance the crocodile dance in benue..... hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
1niche:

People are bound to make errors. It is a good thing that he apologized.

In civilised country, ought to have been fired before now.

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by onunwa21(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
IG is under de influence of some smoked rubber!!!!!
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by lonelydora: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
gurunlocker:
That means the IGP did not think before speaking...

Does he or any of his boys think before speaking?
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Mechejy: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ijaya123:

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/idris-apologises-for-comment-on-benue-killings/

but they are his kinsmen, he must do all he could to protect them.no mind his apologies it makes no difference.IGP and buhari and buratai know what they are doing.dont trust these fulani Muslims
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Okoyeebos: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
This IGP is the most scandalous and incompetent in the history of the Nigerian Police Force.

I suspect he was deliberately appointed by those who know him. They didn't want a very intelligent officer outshining Buhari and that's why they sought out the most unintelligent officer to head the Police.

All the IGP is known for is sleeping with female policewomen, fighting with the Police Service Commission and making unguarded but unintelligent statements.

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Rynne: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
I wil put the blame of this whole crisis at the feet of the governor.. .he forgot the rules "when you dine with the devil you do so with a long spoon,I'm afraid he went to this dinner with a very short spoon"...
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Johnkay225: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
What do we then expect? A pollce that will protect lives and properties of the citizens ? I think we are expecting too much from the govt of the dullard we have as President... And the scam of a party...

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ijaya123:

That's the Nigerian Police for you. Terrible mode of operation, from top to bottom.

Point of correction sir. It is APC controlled police. Concludes cases without investugations.

You can imagine the ones efcc has being doing. When we shouted media trials a.k.a. trials without proper investigation, the BMCs a.k.a. folks if the B-zone called us many names wet printer no go free print (unprintable names).

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Isahalbash(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
drss:
taqqiya no.1
d army call nijeriyan army is not d conventional army nijeriyans thought dat rises to d occasion to defend citizens like we see in oda con3s. nijeriyan army is actually a sunni military organization. dey ar specially reserved for use against groups dat threatens d authority of d Islamic caliphate.
I bet u, nijeriyan army will never be used to fight against fulani terrorist herds men. both groups ar on d same side.

So all herdsmen are Muslims abi?
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Doyin2(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
magoo10:
Declare Fulani herdsmen terrorist now.

Please let us be realistic.It is practically impossible to officially declare ''Fulani Herdsmen '' terrorists .You can only deal with the criminality of those that are terrorist killers.

I am sure you might want to refer to IPOB.

It is practically possible to ban Ipob(rightly or wrongly) but how can you ban herdsmen from rearing cattles and then declare them terrorists?

Whic h means every fulani herdsman,where ever you find him,must be arrested.,?

The best the state can do is to go after those that have been confirmed to be terrorists.

It would take common sense to appreciate my point.

2 Likes

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Okezedan(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
9ja blessed with natural resources buh cursed with bad leaders..
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by tomiwakeem: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Doyin2:

Please let us be realistic.It is practically impossible to officially declare ''Fulani Herdsmen '' terrorists .You can only deal with the criminality of those that are terrorist killers.

It is practically possible to ban Ipob(rightly or wrongly) but how can you ban herdsmen from rearing cattles and then declare them terrorists?

It is impossible to you because their leader and life patron is the head of government, if another tribe like yoruba etc was doing what the herdsmen are presently doing that old man would have declared them terrorist and ban them outrightly,we are in a modern age for crying loud why will they still be carrying cows upandan just because there is a hardcore Fulani man in power. only a wise man will think well and understand this fact

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Tecno66: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Homeboiy:
This is the reason he should be fired

He didn't investigate before making comments
Fired? Impossible. He belongs to the reserved and untouchable specie. No go there o.
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
The scorch -earth policy of the of the rabid northern hegemony in the middle belt ( minorities of the north) is glaring even to the naive.

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by GoodGovernance: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Doyin2:

The best the state can do is to go after those that have been confirmed to be terrorists.

My brother,common sense is unfortunately not common.

With all your very simple, explanation, someone over me,is still arguing with you.

How can you because of the terrorist activities of a very few ,declare a whole Fulani herdsmen community,a terrorist group?

Which means it would become illegal to be a herdsman, just because you are fulani?

1 Like

Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by GoodGovernance: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
Doyin2:

My brother,common sense is unfortunately not common.

With all your very simple, explanation, someone over me,is still arguing with you.

How can you because of the terrorist activities of a very few ,declare a whole Fulani herdsmen community,a terrorist group?

Which means it would become illegal to be a herdsman, just because you are fulani?

I think one of the problems is that some people do not know the implication of officially declaring a group,terrorist group.which means they are banned and all their activities become illegal and every one that dares to be a member is arrested.

You can illegalise IPOB,Boko Haram,etc.For GOD's sake,how can you illegalise being a fulani farmer?(herdsman).

The best the government can do, is to search for and kill or arrest any confirmed terrorist herdsman.

In fact, it takes more than commonsense to appreciate your explanation.It takes the grace of understanding,given by GOD.
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by billyG(m): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
which communities are clashing?idiot IG.
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by baxmaich(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
if yu are there by share chance,I suggest yu resign, cus Nigerians are more enlightened than the way yu think.
Re: IGP, Idris Apologises For Comment On Benue Killings by Abeyjide: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
And governor ortom said the IG was misquoted on channels tv.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal Rallies North-West Businessmen For Atiku In Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara / DSS Gives NNPC, Oil Marketers 48 Hours To Make Fuel Available / Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.