Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) (48142 Views)

Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead / Soso Soberekon To JJC Skillz: "Your Husband Funke Akindele Is My Friend, Gigolo" / Why Funke Akindele's Name Was Removed From Casting Of “avengers: Infinity War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by chidostans: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ihatepork:

Wow. Sounds like that's what you call your mother. Please tell me more grin grin

Don't argue with ozzzwors. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by ashawopikin(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
I don't know her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Wyttcat: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
Stop the jam-talk and just be happy for Funke, and there won't be tribalism.
odizeey:
even funke no dey tribalistic like una.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Ihatepork: 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
chidostans:

Don't argue with ozzzwors. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

So basically, your ozzzzwor mother beats you with her experience right? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Wyttcat: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
Of course, none of them come close.
The days of using body to get roles in movies are over, age is no longer on their sides, real talents are rising to the top like oil on water so are the highest grossing movies in Nigeria.
nedu2000:
Prefer funke to the rest(genevive,tonto,mercy,stella damacus etc). Funke is purely talented,definitely didnt go all sexy appeal mode to gain relevance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Justiceleague1: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ihatepork:
Some things have to be said. No apologies or sugarcoating. Credit has to be given.

- John Boyega played Finn in star wars

- Moe Sasegbon played wonder woman in Justice league.

- Mo Abudu/Niyi Akinmolayan just broke records with Wedding party 2 .

- Some of Mo Abudu/Kemi Adetiba's records with Wedding party still stand.

- Wizkid defied all odds to beat the likes of Drake and Jay-z to MOBO awards. Also became the first African artist to perform at Royal Albert Hall.

-Davido recently broke records for the highest grossing Nigerian concert.

Both of them are the biggest artistes in Africa today

-Now Funke Akindele just did another one with avengers

Even the highest grossing Nollywood movies were produced/directed by Yorubas. Kunle Afolayan, Niki Akinmolayan, Tunde Kelani, Biyi Bandele, Kemi Adetiba, Ebony life studios. Some otolos saying they control nollywood don't even know things have changed. We boss that nollywood now. They think we are still in the era of Ada the serpent. Lmao grin cheesy

It's also not a coincidence that all the Nigerians who have won the Grammys are Yorubas. I won't even talk about Fela

See, no one comes close to Yorubas in entertainment. You can't tell me nothing. Funny how we barely even brag about it. Oh well...I just did.

Now

MENTAL grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by FisifunKododada: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ihatepork:
Some things have to be said. No apologies or sugarcoating. Credit has to be given.

- Wizkid defied all odds to beat the likes of Drake and Jay-z to MOBO awards. Also became the first African artist to perform at Royal Albert Hall.

Even the highest grossing Nollywood movies were produced/directed by Yorubas. Kunle Afolayan, Niki Akinmolayan, Tunde Kelani, Biyi Bandele, Kemi Adetiba, Ebony life studios. Some otolos saying they control nollywood don't even know things have changed. We boss that nollywood now. They think we are still in the era of Ada the serpent. Lmao grin cheesy

It's also not a coincidence that all the Nigerians who have won the Grammys are Yorubas. I won't even talk about Fela

See, no one comes close to Yorubas in entertainment. You can't tell me nothing. Funny how we barely even brag about it. Oh well...I just did.

Now

This my ni$$a just dropped some HEAVY TRUTHS - my brother stop giving Iporks heart-attack, show some compassion. Na beg I beg you!

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Therealev: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
muhammadmuqtada:
how did she pull it?

How else? She went for auditioning just like every other cast, Dummy.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by chuckjonesautos: 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now

Bigot
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Ogaonos: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wyttcat:
I beg shove that! While some celebrate lies and taunt others over nothing, he's saying the truth and didn't belittle anyone. If you have it flaunt it! Find somewhere to preach your holier than thou.
jux tel us u ar tribalist full stop.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ishilove:
Funke is an A list actress in Nigeria, and it will therefore be painful if she is cast in a 'waka pass' role. Lupita, a Kenyan actress was cast in a role in a Hollywood movie that won her an Oscar. That is worthy of applause, so Funke should not demean herself with bit parts. She is too big for that

you have to start from somewhere

back in the 90s eddie murphy was the man, and samuel l jackson and forrest whitaker were the bit part brothers
you only need one role in a hit movie to bloa, and you cannot always tell what that movie will be

and stardom in naija is local champion thingz. you think any naija 'a lister' can pull a george clooney and fire off her best buddies 1 million each?

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Bifrost: 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
Shebi she was just a flight attendant in the movie ni? grin
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Ikeji1993(m): 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wowww big of you to make this about tribe...
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by kingem(m): 12:50am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now

so u took your time to compose this novel
one of the reasons why this country can't move forward
its 2018, stop tribalism
undecided

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 11, 2018
Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, will star alongside international movie stars Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth, in Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity Wars. Akindele’s name was published on popular movie review website, IMDB, where it was revealed she will be a member of Dora Milaje, a team of women who serve as personal bodyguards of the Black Panther, the spiritual leader of Wakanda.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Jaymaestro(m): 1:17am On Jan 11, 2018
Dora Mo` Laje -- maybe she gets to speak Yoruba as a witch
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by kennsville(m): 2:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

- Moe Sasegbon played wonder woman in Justice league

- David Oyelowo played Martin Luther in Selma.

Now
Must you end this nice write up with tribal rubbish.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by 4koff: 3:05am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now

None of these people got to where they are without igbo, Niger-Delta, igbirra or Calabar person helping/assisting in one form or another.

4 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by shikshark: 3:24am On Jan 11, 2018
u forgot to mention wale agbaje.....the mummy, bourne identity

Ihatepork:
Some things have to be said. No apologies or sugarcoating. I see a trend here and credit has to be given.

Now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by AgentOfAllah: 4:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:
Some things have to be said. No apologies or sugarcoating. I see a trend here and credit has to be given.

- David Oyelowo played Martin Luther King in Selma.

Now

Sketches of a Yoruba loser!

When the petty has no notable achievements, they start to associate their race/tribe with success in order to appropriate the successes of other individuals to themselves.

All the individuals you've mentioned are successful because of their individual brilliance, good promoters and associates. Their tribal affiliation has got nothing to do with it. You don't know anything about how all these people got to their positions in life, you don't know what roles members of other tribes have played in their successes, you know nothing of their struggles, of their failures, of their helpers, of their friends, families, YOU KNOW NOTHING, PERIOD! But like a shameless loser, you're quick to claim their successes as if you contributed anything to their lives by virtue your tribal affiliation. Even if you did, that would just make you a tribal bigot.

Please go make a name for yourself instead of trying to leach off other people's achievements.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by okway: 5:59am On Jan 11, 2018
AgentOfAllah:

When the petty has no notable achievements, they start to associate their race/tribe with success in order to appropriate the successes of other individuals to themselves.

All the individuals you've mentioned are successful because of their individual brilliance, good promoters and associates. Their tribal affiliation has got nothing to do with it. You don't know anything about how all these people got to their positions in life, you don't know what roles members of other tribes have played in their successes, you know nothing of their struggles, of their failures, of their helpers, of their friends, families, YOU KNOW NOTHING, PERIOD! But like a shameless loser, you're quick to claim their successes as if you contributed anything to their lives by virtue your tribal affiliation. Even if you did, that would just make you a tribal bigot.

Please go make a name for yourself instead of trying to leach off other people's achievements.

lol nigga shut the Bleep upppp. Jealousy! Yorubas rule! grin

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by geostat(m): 6:51am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now
You are certainly one of the many problems this country has..who send you this one now.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2018
Congrats to her.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Pain(m): 7:20am On Jan 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by AgentOfAllah: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2018
okway:

lol nigga shut the Bleep upppp. Jealousy! Yorubas rule! grin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fi ara balẹ bọbọ yi! Awọn baba wa sọ wipe "Aipe, 'tirẹ niyi' ni mbi aiye ninu". O yẹ ki o ni irẹlẹ ni to ri wipe igberaga o da!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------
If your Yoruba is rusty, here's the rough translation for you:
Calm down, guy! Our forefathers say "refusing to admit 'this is your contribution (to others)' is what drives people towards indignation". You should have humility because arrogance is bad!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like you've intentionally set out to vex and annoy people, so my advise to you is to go and adopt the admirable virtues of the Yoruba traditions before you brag about your wonderful, superior and enviable Yorubaness. You don't amount to anything of worth to me, so I've got nothing to be jealous about!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by luckyogor(m): 7:40am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now

What a pity that you are,what a pity,may the littleness of tribalism not ruin you in life,what a pity.
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Mccullum: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2018
Where are they? the Agulus of eastern side that thought they can compete with destinies of Yorubas, never compare West with East because Western world far better than the Eastern part.

Odua group of people, ogbon be, eyan wa...
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by mozart1893(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now

My brother, your list isn't complete if Ann Ogbomo isn't menrioned. She played Philipus in Wonder Woman and Nonso Anozie of Game of Thrones.

My point is, we don't have to put in the price issue before ma king valid progressive points like you're trying to do

I may be bashed for this....
I'm used to it..
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by willbayo(m): 7:59am On Jan 11, 2018
Ihatepork:

Now
Gal gadot was wonder woman or is there another one have not watched
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by Revolva(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2018
Re: Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) by jonbellion(m): 9:39am On Jan 11, 2018
AgentOfAllah:

exactly very intelligent of you to show him his fallacious logic
Stupid fools everywhere
What is the diffrence between the fool and a white supremscist who believes thier race is superior because of achievements of some individuals that ain't related to them
Daft

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teebillz In New Photo With His Son, Jamil / #BBNaija : Bambam Shares No Makeup Pictures / Dj Cuppy Steps Out In Gorgeous Owambe Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.