Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. (30617 Views)

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by DaveHert(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

I love to read, I am a news junkie, I love to keep abreast on current World affairs and National affairs, I like to be informed, I love to speak and have people be entrailed when I speak, don't look at my face, focus on the words coming out of my mouth, I love to impact knowledge and also learn, I learnt a very long time ago that information is power, information is a door opener, information gives you contracts, information gives you results and information gets the job done.

I do not consider any sort of information to be a waste, right or wrong information is information.

I was offered employment very recently, during the interview a lady came out and was complaining bitterly about how the lady who interviewed her kept asking questions about the current state of the Economy and Real Estate in the country "How could she ask me that" she said, "what's my business with the Economy" I looked at her in Awe, I tried to tell her, you're supposed to know these things, they're basic knowledge open to interpretation and expansions.

Needless to say, when it was my turn after the pleasantries of self-introductions, I was asked what is the current political state of the country? What is the current state of the Economy? What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country? I do not want to tooth my horn but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing, I floored those questions, met with management, answered their questions, although I told them I would love to grow and be groomed at the company while achieving profitable results, when I got my offer for employment it was way better than what I applied for.

Truth is our generation is not a reading generation, I love movies too, I like to have fun but if they’re gonna bomb the Iran or North Korea tomorrow I want to be in the know, I want to tell others about it, Information is POWER! Information is KEY!

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

http://www.talk2bella.com/2018/01/how-being-informed-got-me-job-with.html

Why won't a student of international relations know about the political happenings in his/her country or the economy of his/her country? You hype yourself for nothing.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

I love to read, I am a news junkie, I love to keep abreast on current World affairs and National affairs, I like to be informed, I love to speak and have people be entrailed when I speak, don't look at my face, focus on the words coming out of my mouth, I love to impact knowledge and also learn, I learnt a very long time ago that information is power, information is a door opener, information gives you contracts, information gives you results and information gets the job done.

I do not consider any sort of information to be a waste, right or wrong information is information.

I was offered employment very recently, during the interview a lady came out and was complaining bitterly about how the lady who interviewed her kept asking questions about the current state of the Economy and Real Estate in the country "How could she ask me that" she said, "what's my business with the Economy" I looked at her in Awe, I tried to tell her, you're supposed to know these things, they're basic knowledge open to interpretation and expansions.

Needless to say, when it was my turn after the pleasantries of self-introductions, I was asked what is the current political state of the country? What is the current state of the Economy? What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country? I do not want to tooth my horn but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing, I floored those questions, met with management, answered their questions, although I told them I would love to grow and be groomed at the company while achieving profitable results, when I got my offer for employment it was way better than what I applied for.

Truth is our generation is not a reading generation, I love movies too, I like to have fun but if they’re gonna bomb the Iran or North Korea tomorrow I want to be in the know, I want to tell others about it, Information is POWER! Information is KEY!

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Congratulations.

You got the job because you followed your passion and it is a lesson for many.

Just like the girl who flunk the interview, I personally don't give a sh*t about the economy but have worked for a multinational (top audit firm in Nigeria) and have secured atleast three scholarships throughout my academic lifetime.

Only knowledge that a person's mind thirsts for is what one should go for, not just information for the sake of acquiring information.

The lady who flunk the interview should discover her areas of potential

The burning desire for a thing (knowledge inclusive) is a pointer to a person's purpose.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by deleo16(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
This why it's good to pick good books to read every month
Foreign affairs book
Self help
Econonomics
History
Books on colonization
READERS are leaders what is happening currently in Nigeria is already on a book
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by enemyofprogress: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Just because dem give you security guard work for Ghana, we no go hear word again

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by maigemuu: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Noted!

I will nominate you as Buhari's information minister. You have all it takes to be better than Lie mohammed
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Timekeeper: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

1 thing made u got the job and interests u In economy situations;

1. I do not want to tooth my horn but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing,.

My point: it was bcox u studied that course. U can't expect a graduate of mechanical engineering to be looking for what is not lost

But I have a problem too Op ; I don't even know those questions sef

Abeg answer this question to help sumone like me Pls Op

You were asked

1. what is the current political state of the country?

2. What is the current state of the Economy?

3. What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country?

Pls reply to help Nairalanders like me... Waiting for your detailed or brief answers
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Mike008(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congrats
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by nams77: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
You, madam are my kind of lady.

I used to have a female friend In uniben then. Pretty and smart. She can engage you comfortably In any topic....Sport, politics, religious discussion, science.. Just name the sh*t and she is at home there. We bonded immediately, to the chagrin of my friend who was toasting her and actually introduced us to each other. Come and see beefing from the dude grin! Though nothing was happening between us sha

Grace, wherever you are, I still miss you
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by millionboi2: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

u got a job .....we don hear,stop ranting

Money is d most important thing here,if u are not reading,make sure u are making money.

Na dsame thing
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by millionboi2: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Just because dem give you security guard work for Ghana, we no go hear word again
d mumu use international/reading to deciv his dumb follow
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Divay22(f): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
davide470:
Loool.

Maths is Life!
Lemme kukuma die
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by litaninja(m): 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
I don't know the books you read where horns are "toothed"
But ....issokay

Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by soohib(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

I admired your love for information. Keep it up.
Can you Please connect a brother for an Administrative Assistance Job at the international level?.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by soohib(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:

grin i am a Sis

I admired your love for information. Keep it up.
Can you Please connect a brother for an Administrative Assistance Job at the international level?.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by meobizy(f): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
Truth is our generation is not a reading generation
Who then read this article?
I know very well it wasn’t my illiterate eighty five year old grandma.
Generalizations of this sort are dead.
Everyone nowadays reads in one way or the other, especially via social media.
Yes, you read.
I read too.
All the people I know and come across read.
Now you have a job I hope you’ll quit this Youtube thing and focus on the profession squarely.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Yoighaman(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

I'm sapiosexual and cannot help getting attracted to females like you...lol.....nice post and congrats.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by chukxie(m): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Congratulations! 'Higher, higher, you! You're my kind of person. Isn't it sad that in spite of the vast and free amount of information now available online, some people still choose not to read? It beats me! Some youths would say "Who reading epp". Reading don help Op land better job now! Congratulations, again!
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by enemyofprogress: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
millionboi2:
d mumu use international/reading to deciv his dumb follow
don't mind him

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Obidikejr(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Nice
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Alobogab(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congratulations but the lady you met actually helped you by leaking the estate and other questions to you. This gave you a lead and further directed your research and approach to the interview.
God intervened at a critical moment to ensure you get the job.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Bawsse(m): 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

*Gasps
Marry me
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by naturefellow(m): 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congrats on hitching your new job. Inspiring!

So can you recommend online/offline news channels or media so I can follow in your steps?
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by mechanics(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
That's right, congrats.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Afonjas: 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:

grin i am a Sis

1 Share

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Francejaik(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:

i get u tho, maths doesn't interest me, whenever i see equations i have instant migrianes

Lol
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Dandy1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

I love to read. I am a news junkie. I love to keep abreast on current World affairs and National affairs. I like to be informed. I love to speak and have people be enthrilled when I speak. Don't look at my face, focus on the words coming out of my mouth. I love to impart knowledge and also learn. I learnt a very long time ago that information is power, information is a door opener, information gives you contracts, information gives you results and information gets the job done.

I was offered employment very recently. During the interview a lady came out and was complaining bitterly about how the lady who interviewed her kept asking questions about the current state of the Economy and Real Estate in the country. "How could she ask me that?", she said. "What's my business with the Economy?". I looked at her in Awe. I tried to tell her, "you're supposed to know these things". They're basic knowledge open to interpretation and expansions.

Needless to say. When it was my turn after the pleasantries of self-introductions, I was asked - What is the current political state of the country? What is the current state of the Economy? What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country? I do not want to toot my horn, but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing. I floored those questions, met with management, and answered their questions, although I told them I would love to grow and be groomed at the company while achieving profitable results. When I got my offer for employment, it was way better than what I applied for.

Truth is, our generation is not a reading generation. I love movies too. I like to have fun, but if they’re gonna bomb the Iran or North Korea tomorrow, I want to be in the know. I want to tell others about it. Information is POWER! Information is KEY!

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

Ibeji Isabella.

Congratulations on your new job OP. I like people like you that love to broaden their knowledge daily. Keep it up. However, I'll love to encourage you to work more on your punctuation. To give you an insight, I made some edits above and placed your original post right below it for easier comparisons. Sentences often end once they pass single key piece of information. Unless you want to make them compound sentences, then you can use conjunctions in between. Commas on the other hand are mostly good for listing related points within a sentence.

I also emboldened some other words aside from the 'flawed' that was earlier pointed out. Always keep in mind that some words are not spelt like they seem to sound. So it is good to take some moments to check the dictionary out on such words just to be sure. With your enthusiasm to learn new things, you'll soon get the perfect touch.

Congratulations once again, and keep at feeding your awesome brain. I like ladies that don't tow the bimbo line.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by mindtricks: 10:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
DaveHert:
Why won't a student of international relations know about the political happenings in his/her country or the economy of his/her country? You hype yourself for nothing.
Not necessarily so. Don't be surprised, there are lots of people who studied the same, but won't be as informed.
It happens.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by hardon1(m): 1:56am On Feb 27, 2019
you were asked questions close to your field and your here saying being informed. if your were asked to "uses pascals theorem or Fourier series to explain volume of revolution" you for tell me how being informed for help you". simply put, the questions you were asked were close to pol science - your field... period

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Dshocker(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

You are right,and i like your intelligence
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by RuggedSniper: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Not Take The N-power Job If… / Nestle Recruiting Apply Urgent / Vacancy At Diamondbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.