Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. (30811 Views)

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Juliearth(f): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tosinex:
Yeah it's good to read and be informed, information is the key to the future.

Its not just enough to read and be informed...the whole essence of being informed is to trigger a positive change,else that information(though useful) becomes useless....congrats op.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by NeneKelvin2019(m): 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Information is key, persistence is fuel. Never give up job seekers.

P.S
All jobs at www.engineersalone..com are verified Engineering jobs
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by dingbang(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
I am happy that you have finally settled down.

Congrats talk2bella

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by yorex2011: 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Phunkyposh(f): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

I love to read, I am a news junkie, I love to keep abreast on current World affairs and National affairs, I like to be informed, I love to speak and have people be entrailed when I speak, don't look at my face, focus on the words coming out of my mouth, I love to impact knowledge and also learn, I learnt a very long time ago that information is power, information is a door opener, information gives you contracts, information gives you results and information gets the job done.

I do not consider any sort of information to be a waste, right or wrong information is information.

I was offered employment very recently, during the interview a lady came out and was complaining bitterly about how the lady who interviewed her kept asking questions about the current state of the Economy and Real Estate in the country "How could she ask me that" she said, "what's my business with the Economy" I looked at her in Awe, I tried to tell her, you're supposed to know these things, they're basic knowledge open to interpretation and expansions.

Needless to say, when it was my turn after the pleasantries of self-introductions, I was asked what is the current political state of the country? What is the current state of the Economy? What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country? I do not want to tooth my horn but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing, I floored those questions, met with management, answered their questions, although I told them I would love to grow and be groomed at the company while achieving profitable results, when I got my offer for employment it was way better than what I applied for.

Truth is our generation is not a reading generation, I love movies too, I like to have fun but if they’re gonna bomb the Iran or North Korea tomorrow I want to be in the know, I want to tell others about it, Information is POWER! Information is KEY!

Ibeji Isabella.

Lalasticlala smiley

http://www.talk2bella.com/2018/01/how-being-informed-got-me-job-with.html

The bolded is so me. Had to read it again to be sure I didn't write that...

Congrats on your new role. Greater heights. Cheers ☑
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by priiince(m): 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nice and highly commendable!
Chat a typical Nigerian lady about national economics or current affairs is the easiest route to undiluted boredom. I once shared a a sweet wine of conversation with a random lady until I got to current affairs, I started with Jacob Zuma but then I had to explain Africa, South Africa, his race, even the famous inibiningin didn't strike the smallest flame of understanding. angry
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
priiince:
Nice and highly commendable!
Chat a typical Nigerian lady about national economics or current affairs is the easiest route to undiluted boredom. I once shared a a sweet wine of conversation with a random lady until I got to current affairs, I started with Jacob Zuma but then I had to explain Africa, South Africa, his race, even the famous inibiningin didn't strike the smallest flame of understanding. angry

Our Nigerian ladies still try. Try chatting with a Ghanaian girl they put the b in boredom. I wonder how the man in that country cope in marriage.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by priiince(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Our Nigerian ladies still try. Try chatting with a Ghanaian girl they put the b in boredom. I wonder how the man in that country cope in marriage.
Smart couples are directly proportional to smart children... You can't give what you don't have. I think ladies should follow Op's light.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
priiince:

Smart couples are directly proportional to smart children... You can't give what you don't have. I think ladies should follow Op's light.
They seem to forget that communication is very important in every relationship and they start wondering why their men cheat when they are boring and dull

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by ednut1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Talk2Bella:

grin i am a Sis
nice one

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Gerrard59(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
I believe being knowledgeable - which is tied to being informed - properly - is linked to interest in the aspect of the knowledge. As an example, I'm very knowledgeable in global politics and economics; whether Asia, Europe, North America or elsewhere. Bought books - physical and virtual; subscribed to the likes of The Economist and Financial Times UK; bought Punch, The Guardian etc.

The good thing about being knowledgeable is that one can hold his/her forte in any discussion. I've been in many, some times to the extent of nose-poking. However, the comes a limit in being knowledgeable. Lack of interest, poor or no source of information resources, financial resources (I spent a lot then subscribing to The Economist and its likes) etc.

Additionally, I cannot blame nor accuse anyone irrespective of gender of being ignorant or less knowledgeable in certain areas. As there are persons who love watching football, on the other hand, there are persons who prefer Formula 1. Different choices. Yes, it's necessary one knows something about everything, but one cannot know everything - as in EVERYTHING! But then, an infinitesimal interest is better than no interest.

Congratulations to OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Tizzyreal: 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Take advantage of this seminar that is starting from 11th Jan to 27th feb. This seminar is going to be a powerpack of hot information that is targeted to help you level up this year. This seminar is going to train you on how to;

A. Make money designing shirts, canvas, mugs, jugs, towels, etc online and sell them in dollars without the need of a website or design studio. All that is needed are just your sense of arts and creativity in designing shirts, bags, towels, etc for sale.

B. How to get atleast 10k and more unique, real and active traffic to your website or blog for free.

C. How to Advertise your business without paying ads fee or affliate fee. You set up a business platform for free and your business will be linked to buyers in need of your goods and services worldwide.

D. Most Chinese Schools are currently in high demand for English language Teachers worldwide, and the pay ranges from $1000-$2500 per month based on qualification, country and experience with free accommodation and work visa for 2 years. If you posses a degree or B.Ed, or diplima in English with atleast 2yrs teaching experience as an English teacher, then this seminar is for you.

To benefit from this training, just add me on WhatsApp with this number 08064671964. For the English teaching vacancy, the application will close on Feb 28. Do not miss this opportunity, Register for this seminar with just N500 and be taught.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by laudate: 2:35am On Jan 12, 2018
Talk2Bella:
i get u tho, maths doesn't interest me, whenever i see equations i have instant migrianes
Welcome to the club! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by phemmyfour: 9:44am On Jan 12, 2018
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

I love to read, I am a news junkie, I love to keep abreast on current World affairs and National affairs, I like to be informed, I love to speak and have people be entrailed when I speak, don't look at my face, focus on the words coming out of my mouth, I love to impact knowledge and also learn, I learnt a very long time ago that information is power, information is a door opener, information gives you contracts, information gives you results and information gets the job done.

I do not consider any sort of information to be a waste, right or wrong information is information.

I was offered employment very recently, during the interview a lady came out and was complaining bitterly about how the lady who interviewed her kept asking questions about the current state of the Economy and Real Estate in the country "How could she ask me that" she said, "what's my business with the Economy" I looked at her in Awe, I tried to tell her, you're supposed to know these things, they're basic knowledge open to interpretation and expansions.

Needless to say, when it was my turn after the pleasantries of self-introductions, I was asked what is the current political state of the country? What is the current state of the Economy? What is the current state of Real Estate in the Country? I do not want to tooth my horn but I didn’t study politics and International relations for nothing, I floored those questions, met with management, answered their questions, although I told them I would love to grow and be groomed at the company while achieving profitable results, when I got my offer for employment it was way better than what I applied for.

Truth is our generation is not a reading generation, I love movies too, I like to have fun but if they’re gonna bomb the Iran or North Korea tomorrow I want to be in the know, I want to tell others about it, Information is POWER! Information is KEY!

Ibeji Isabella.

Lalasticlala smiley

finally, you can quit vlogging
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Talk2Bella(f): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
phemmyfour:
finally, you can quit vlogging

not gonna happen grin
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Talk2Bella(f): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2018
Phunkyposh:

The bolded is so me. Had to read it again to be sure I didn't write that...

Congrats on your new role. Greater heights. Cheers ☑

i had a political argument in a cab yesterday, all the men said i won't see husband cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Talk2Bella(f): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
dingbang:
I am happy that you have finally settled down.

Congrats talk2bella

thanks dear smiley
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
Juliearth:

Its not just enough to read and be informed...the whole essence of being informed is to trigger a positive change,else that information(though useful) becomes useless....congrats op.
thanks for your contribution, like Jesus said "if you Love me obey my commandments" you have to read to know the commandments and then follow it, if you read without following and obeying it, it's as if you've done nothing, but if read and obey it doin the commandments then you are on the right way, thanks.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by joinnow: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sola73:
The real estate questions, what's it all abt? I'm inquisitive to know...

From 2000 to 2015 real estate was doing well but 2016 it reversed to negative growth. It so bad that that is lot of vacant house to rent and those that rented were unable to pay the rent.
It is gradually picking up.
During recession if you have the cash its the best time to buy home cos you will get it for less.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2018
@ Talk2Bella

What i would like to point out is;

I was wondering if information is the key then to how extent? Yeah I know human brain have the capacity to Store as much information as possible but one can't know it all

For instance ; someone good at building website might not know a dime about networking despite that they're both in the line of IT

or what do you think?

And Congratulations sis smiley
am a fan of one of your previous topic titled "Why are you still Single"
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by hasyak(m): 12:49am On Jan 13, 2018
Talk2Bella:

i had a political argument in a cab yesterday, all the men said i won't see husband cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

To an extent, they are right

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:48am On Jan 13, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

really
and those girls fine o
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by davodyguy: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Talk2Bella:

shocked
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by ibietela2(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
Happened recently or you are making a post about it?
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by y3mi(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:
Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

Lalasticlala smiley

Lady hope you know there is difference between acquiring information through reading and staying abreast of old and current development and also having or developing the capability to synthesize and analyse these information, both of which regards Nigerians are very lacking but determined over the chase for money and needless material things they can't create.

Twitter says your handle don't exist, check to see if it's correct.

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by HerCuteness(f): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
Shawtty:
And me I'm still earning 60k mnthly
I earn less than that so be grateful for what you have.smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by sophy17(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thumbs up for you especially coming from a lady.
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by abiodunfat(f): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congratulations

Information is Key.

Ibeji Isabella.

smiley

[/quote]
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by Blankstare(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
Congratulations..
Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by hablink: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
Talk2Bella:

try and make research on it dear smiley
Madam kindly summarise the questions on real estate you were asked and how you tackled them, or else you will be contravening your claims that you like to impact knowledge.

Checked your profile, it appears you are into real estate investment business...

1 Like

Re: How Being Informed Got Me A Job With An International Organisation. by SocialJustice: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2019
13 months after.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For Dangote Refinery Ongoing Job Recruitment / My Experience With Gnld Headquarters At Gbagada / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.