Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State (39941 Views)

Goods Worth Millions Destroyed As Fire Guts Bababa Plaza, Wunti Market, Bauchi / Items Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Shops In Ikorodu / Tony Elumelu And Akon Pictured Together Enjoying Boat Cruise In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by CastedDude: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
Earlier today, a boat carrying goods worth over 5 million from Cotonou in Benin Republic capsized at the Bonny Jetty in Rivers state. Report has it that the boat arrived Bonny Jetty at about 6pm yesterday, the manager of the Cotonou boat left his duty post to a beer palour to watch football match between Arsenal and Chelsea - leaving the goods inside with no order to unload the boat.

On getting to the Jetty this morning, goods worth over N5 million were seen afloat on the sea.

According to the special assistant on New Media at Bonny local government council, Christian Ezekiel-Hart, this is as a result of gross negligence of duty by the manager of the boat.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/cotonou-mishap-goods-worth-over-5-million-naira-lost.html

1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by CastedDude: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
cc; lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by NedalBiggie: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Chai!

FTC!

Nedal was here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Evablizin(f): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
shocked

When your village people are somewhere twisting your brain,you will leave the right thing to do and go to beer palour to watch the match between Arsenal and Chelsea.

Sorry to the owners of these goods. I feel for them.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by LionDeLeo: 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
How do these sets of importers pay import duties?

8 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Penalty82(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
I smell lies.

Some criminal elements must have tampered with the goods and scattered the remnants upon the water to cover up.

WELCOME TO NIGERIA.

20 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Escalze(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
What a pity
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by francispepe(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
don't blame him.........in football anything can happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by sarrki(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

When your village people are somewhere twisting your brain,you will leave the right thing to do and go to beer palour to watch the match between Arsenal and Chelsea.

Its myopic to think one is demoting ones destiny somewhere

When same people believed that when you have Jesus everything is good

5 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Evablizin(f): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

Its myopic to think one is demoting ones destiny somewhere

When same people believed that when you have Jesus everything is good
Is not myopic my dear, the bible says that we should not be ingnorant of the devices of the enemy,in as much as we have Jesus,we have to be careful also in decisions we take day by day.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Melvinsofty: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
I just sorry for the catering company when give this foolish man goods to deliver

2 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by pawesome(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
I am not understanding..how him wan take stop the boat from capsizing with the goods?

1 Like

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
What a great loss, in this buharic time!
But Op, these are Nigerian made goods. How come they came from Cotonou,Benin Republic?
Cabin and noodles imported from Cotonou

13 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Abbeyme: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kpele
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by mhisbliss(f): 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
lol I hope he enjoyed the beer and the match
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Hakeem66: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
He must be a chelsea fan who went to mock the arsenal fans.

1 Like

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
How could he have saved the boat from the mishap
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by HeyCorleone(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
The people he went to watch playing ball earn in a week what he would never earn in 10000 boat trips even if the goods are his

Why do we just love unnecessary frivolities? You only have one thing to do and you're messing up badly.

6 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by BruncleZuma: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Somebody robbed that boat...

2 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by hidhrhis(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
the funniest part of this post is that the duo played draw without any goal

4 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Last last,nobody come win the match

6 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by emi12(f): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Did he also come to order them before they start carrying the goods from the water?? undecided
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by 3millionia: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bro is not the end of life, God will see you through, Amen

1 Like

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Zico5(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oloriburuku somebody. Imagine this fool. Even with the way I love football, I can't take this very risk. U leave ur source of livelihood for fantasy that ended the moment game finish. I pray he never recover so that he can lean a good lesson

1 Like

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Worst of all, the idiots drew goalless. Goan jerk Morata. He must pay every single kobo sad

By and large though, that's sheer negligence on the part of the manager. Myself, I spent the entire ninety minutes looking for a viewing centre that would show the game. Finally had to settle for my football live streaming app. I just pray our hobbies don't take food from our tables.

2 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
It is well. I pity the owners. They should take heart.
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by HugeDan(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
indomie from cotonou

3 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by saydfact(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
abeg.. where is the jetty?

grin grin
Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by PastorOluT(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Irresponsibility

2 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by Pavore9: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

This is not about village people but negligence on the part of the manager.

1 Like

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by omoikea(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
I can see indomie, do we also import them

2 Likes

Re: N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State by collinometricx: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
mhisbliss :
bear
DATS an animal's name if i am correct

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Photos Of BUA's Sugar Plantation And Refinery In Lafiagi (Videos, Pictures) / Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike / Childhood Photos Of Folorunsho Alakija, Africa's Richest Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.