Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma (41799 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Oruma: The Travails Of An Olympic Medalist / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by warriboi(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
castrokins:
If Everyone Of Us On NL Put Aside N100 Only, We'd Help Raise Funds To Keep Oruma Alive. He Made Us All Happy During His Playing Days. I Pledge N100 To This, Anyone?

i pledge N5000...he had one of the best houses on refinery road warri after the 1996 olympic victory.
All though i never met him,local legend has it that he was a good guy despite all
Come on guys,lets do this...
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by DJperdurabo: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
mckazzy:
Agreed, some people are wicked. Also, some people are greedy.

How could he invest that much without due diligent and consultations carried out.

day there dey talk. u never meet correct G-Men (note not G-Boys).

Consultation ko, consultation ni!

I sure say some just dey read your comment dey shake head laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Sleekydee(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
nely:

oga don't you understand English in said he might not he will

u surprise me, since u indirectly declare urself a Prof in grammar, I would HV u know " it was still a negative statement" it was a presumed negative comment, u should not HV any problem deciphering that.

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by snipernigga(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
They should also include Godwin Opara and my humble self. We don't hear wiiiin grin
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Orpe7(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
What he probably needs is he rehab dude his really depressed
Even if yall raise 1 billion for him now
He wont be able to handle it
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by castrokins(m): 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
How Do We Get It Going Bro?

Any Way To Reach His Family?

warriboi:

i pledge N5000...he had one of the best houses on refinery road warri after the 1996 olympic victory.
All though i never met him,local legend has it that he was a good guy despite all
Come on guys,lets do this...
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by InvertedHammer: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
JamesReacher:
Hows it more difficult?
/

It takes a lot of discipline to stay rich especially considering the plethora of money-sucking opportunities that conveniently show up.

/

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by aspirebig: 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
In Waffi those days Oruma's always shinning whenever he visits.

That is why small financial knowledge is good.

Imagine.....elee ayeee....such is life...

Japan 93, Atlanta 96...
Playing mostly in france ....hope he will overcome. ..these guys have seen money early in life ....is always struggle living in a lower standard. ....

If he I mentally stable, then it will make the whole thing easier..he can still 'link up with his former coaches and friends in abroad, who knows ...something might come up

No condition is permanent

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Seyitosino(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
oshe11:
wat abt jay jay Okocha
the same man to whom Oruma lost his relevance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
nely:

oga don't you understand English in said he might not he will

you don't even need that statement whether might or will. That's what he is trying to point out.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by warriboi(m): 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
castrokins:
How Do We Get It Going Bro?

Any Way To Reach His Family?

I actually don't live in warri anymore and don't know anything about his family.
However,i think we could raise some money here and give him a cheque at this football game (that willl definitely raise his spirits)
Any thoughts?
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by castrokins(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good Suggestion. How Do We Get A Holding Account?

[quote author=warriboi post=64112187][/quote]
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by zoedew: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good. We must not have another like RASHIDI YEKINI passing!
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by castrokins(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
Warriboi, How Do We Get A Holding Account?
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by warriboi(m): 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
castrokins:
Warriboi, How Do We Get A Holding Account?
You can set one up like and people here can contribute to it (N50,N100 etc)
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by majamajic(m): 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ben4sure:
I really pity for him. However, one thing I don't understand is how one can be so greedy as to invest all his hard-earned money into a 'business' he is not sure about. Greed is indeed one of the most popular vices of man. sad angry angry[/b][b]

that one na to cover story. ... players do finish their money. he might be duped but not 1.2billion. most football players do squander their money after retirement unless if FA employs them coaches.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Vokians(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
BENEAMATA:
May God save us from whoever it is that is chilling somewhere with a foolproof plan to defraud us of our momey while we were workinp hard and honest to earn it
A big amen to that.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Tycike: 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
Distressed oruma, this is a joke. Oruma own wetland community bank that distributes keke to the whole of udu, he owns best wetland hotel and wetland event centre.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by sunsewa16: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
this is why I continue to discourage guys into yahoo or duping to desist from it,just imagine what oruma is passing through because of what his fellow human's or countrymen put him into,whoever duped him has already brought curse and agony to himself and generations born and unborn,people are really heartless.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is good. I can't volunteer to be the goalkeeper smiley

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by kingphilip(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
castrokins:
If Everyone Of Us On NL Put Aside N100 Only, We'd Help Raise Funds To Keep Oruma Alive. He Made Us All Happy During His Playing Days. I Pledge N100 To This, Anyone?
this sure is a good initiative

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 what sayest thou
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by kingphilip(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tycike:
Distressed oruma, this is a joke. Oruma own wetland community bank that distributes keke to the whole of udu, he owns best wetland hotel and wetland event centre.
do you have evidence about all these?

BTW is the bank and hotel still functioning
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Skynet23(m): 12:01am On Jan 12, 2018
Chai... Den get am big time...
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by oruma19: 12:39am On Jan 12, 2018
kingthreat:
The scam was done in Fireman's church
Fireman should be investigated. Using the House of the Lord as a den of thieves.
I knw that guy is a thief. Fireman that deceived enebeli elebuwa aka "andrew no check out" and the man still died of stroke. When we complain and curse pastors people will be calling us anti Christ's. Look at it now... I hate Nigerian pastors I swear, just a few are good and reliable...not more than 5%
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by mywells: 1:08am On Jan 12, 2018
KANU should remember Emmanuel Eboue suffering from the same trauma.
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by lymelyte(m): 2:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Oruma lives in vgc. I have seen him a couple of times trekking. He doesn't seem depressed but alot of things seems off about him..
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by deenee: 5:54am On Jan 12, 2018
lymelyte:
Oruma lives in vgc. I have seen him a couple of times trekking. He doesn't seem depressed but alot of things seems off about him..

You are spot on brother. I have seen him too and a lot seems off about him

The gist around the estate and more reason why a lot of people staying around him have kept quiet is that his family members were co conspirators in the fraud.

More so the fraud was something that started even in his playing days while he was still actively playing football. I hear that he had been sending money home to his family and pastor thinking they were investing in some phoney tank farm and vessel for him.

His case is similar to that of Emmanuel Adebayor just that Adebayor rescued him self quickly from his evil minded family members.

I guess the realization that it was a fraud really took its toll on him and there is even talk of juju been used on him so a lot of people fearing just keep their distance from him

I really feel for the poor chap.

And like someone said there is a difference between making money and managing money
The 1.2b invested in TBills even @ 15% per year will fetch him cool 180m naira yearly, paid upfront and tax free which will be more than ok for him to live a pretty decent life as a retired footballer and his principal of 1.2b will still be intact.

Okocha too almost lost bout 2b share investment in a defunct bank save for Obj who pulled strings for him when he was president. Similar thing too almost happened to Kanu with Hardley Suites. So sometimes I don't even blame some of these footballers when they ex communicate their family members!

I also have a distant uncle who migrated to America in the 80s with his family and was sending money to his immediate junior brother to build shopping mall, mini estate and gas station, you can imagine his horror when he came on a surprise visit only to discover that all the money sent in 5 years was used for nothing even land they didn't buy and when he arrested the brother they called a family meeting and his own mother was even swearing for him that she was disappointed that he arrested his brother because of ordinary money. The man just left and has cut all ties with his family members. Even when his parents died he didn't come for the burial. All his transactions are now done through trustee account with proper documentation.

I pray he recovers quickly because I think what he really needs now is to be in the right frame of mind first and then picking up the pieces of his life can follow

2 Likes

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by highchief1: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2018
oshe11:

I av friends dere dat r responsible
maybe they are not fully blooded.im der now u can't no this ppl more than me bros
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by deenee: 6:30am On Jan 12, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

that's it bro, he wanted overnight hammer.

He couldn't invest in real estate thats way safer. Instead he went deep into a partnership that turned out to be sham.

Even if he was defrauded, if he had at least one hotel or buildings which he built, he would at least not be in this financial distress.

People of Nigeria learn to diversify your income oooo!!!

He didn't want overnight hammer so to speak. I hear he had been sending the money in tranches thinking they were acquiring a tank farm and vessel for him and yes he still has a hand full of real estate investments but located in economically un viable places especially outside lagos and also not handled properly.

The issue is I guess the tank farm and oil vessel was more or less his retirement cash cow and losing it has affected him mentally.
Again like you have said people should shine their eye and diversify.

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by alexhimself(m): 7:01am On Jan 12, 2018
oshe11:
wat abt jay jay Okocha
jay Jay okocha is d most stingy man on earth
Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by mohciz69(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Haykinsofficial:

To wozzzz u juz dey hungry me Olohun

Ha... what did I do?
Sorry nigbayen

1 Like

Re: Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma by Tycike: 8:18am On Jan 12, 2018
kingphilip:
do you have evidence about all these?

BTW is the bank and hotel still functioning
come to delta and see for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Archbishop Of Naples, Sepe, To Osimhen: "Score 5goals In 5 Minutes" / Kanu Nwankwo And Mr Ibu In Nnewi As FC Ifeanyiuba Partners West Ham UTD / Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.