Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) (36003 Views)

Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother / Wilson Oruma Loses N1.2 Billion To A Pastor & Fake Oil Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Naijalarry: 1:19pm On May 03, 2023
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7670419/oruma-travails-olympic-medalist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMbcFQpqrQ

Former Super Eagles star Wilson Oruma has debunked reports about his ill health.

There were reports that he was seriously sick and in urgent need of medical help.

Oruma played a big role in Nigeria’s gold medal win at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. He had 19 caps for Nigeria and played for some teams in Europe like Marseille, Nimes, Sochaux, and Guingamp.

However, he has been away from the public eye for some years. There was a report that he was seriously sick and needed help recently.

Recently, a viral video showed a man who looked like an older Oruma being administered intravenous fluid on a sick bed.

The video stirred mixed reactions on social media, with some fans sending prayers and well wishes.

The video that went viral over the weekend suggested the ex-Super Eagles midfielder was seriously ill and hospitalised. He had been put on a drip and was snoring on his sick bed.

There was no mention of his alleged ailment but it appeared that he was being taken care of with a urinary catheter.

Oruma reportedly lost about N2 billion after being duped by a pastor while trying to invest in the oil and gas sector.

In 2018, Oruma suffered an emotional disorder following the experience and it left him broke.

However, in a viral video seen by SaharaReporters seen by SaharaReporters on Wednesday morning, the 46-year-old said he was healthy.

While he appreciated people’s concern for him since the report, the ex-footballer said, “What’s up, my people, Much love. Thank you for everything — every support you have been giving to me.

“Thank you for the love you are showing to my family. We are healthy and sound. Thank you so much.

“I never knew people love so much like that. I appreciate and celebrate you all. Thank you so much.

“But as you can see, I am well and healthy. I’m good and look so cute. Today is the second of May and I made this video today to show that I am good and I have so much love for them. And I appreciate them so much.”

“One love, Naija,"
he added.

Oruma’s Glorious Days As Footballer

Oruma was part of the Nigeria under-17 team which won the 1993 FIFA U-17 World Championships. He was the captain of the team and the tournament's top goalscorer with six goals.

Oruma, who was seen by many as the natural replacement for Jay Jay Okocha when he joined the Super Eagles, played 19 times international matches over 11 years for Nigeria.

He was part of the team that participated in the 1998 FIFA World Cup, where he scored in the only appearance he made in the tournament against Paraguay.

He also was part of the squad that won the Olympic gold medal in 1996, a year after his first appearance for Nigeria.

The midfielder was also a member of the Nigerian squad at the 2002 and 2006 Africa Cup of Nations, finishing both competitions in third place.

Source- https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/03/im-perfectly-fine-wilson-oruma-ex-super-eagles-star-debunks-rumours-ill-health

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by iykofias(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2023
Good player in his days

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by clockwisereport: 1:55pm On May 03, 2023
What bloggers cannot blog does not exist

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Felix6: 1:56pm On May 03, 2023
Looking healthier than the selected thing.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by MouthofdGods: 1:56pm On May 03, 2023
Guess the photo was from way back when he was ill. He looks good here

16 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2023
Bloggers should at least, fear God naw!

24 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 03, 2023
Glory be to God. May God be with him and my own family too. I don’t know what joy people find in duping another innocent man like them.

All fraudsters must surely die a painful death by heavenly grace, just repent.

If you’re successful in your business right now, please invest well, and do fixed deposit, so that when business is going south, you can have something to rely upon. May God be with us

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by festacman(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2023
Wilson Oruma is looking good and this means he has moved on from the loss of life saving to scammers. That's a good news because it is not easy.

May God bless whatever he is doing to bear much fruits. Amen

33 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by ybalogs(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2023
Some people will just sit down at the corner of their home and decide to cause confusion sha.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Dijita: 1:58pm On May 03, 2023
Live long and prosper Mr. Oruma in good health , happiness and the joy of the lord in Jesus name. Amen

8 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by ybalogs(m): 1:58pm On May 03, 2023
Moniya4Real:
Bloggers should at least, fear God naw!
All they care about is their traffic. Very useless lots.

11 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by w1sEmAn: 1:58pm On May 03, 2023
;DTHEM JUST TRY MAKE HIM RELEVANT AGAIN.....THE GUY FADE SINCE

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Segkem2013(m): 1:58pm On May 03, 2023
Na wa o.
It baffles me how person go wake up decide to post lies about a fellow human being.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Caramia2020(m): 1:58pm On May 03, 2023
Bloggers won't make heaven

4 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2023
People wicked o

First was defrauding of 2B and u hid under a pretense of a pastor , one needs to be careful of all this special titles , set rules and keep to even if the claims to be Jesus

Second wicked is trying to make money by faking his death or illness some blogger no go make heaven

And for you Oruwa be careful Abeg people no sent u at all , they can still attempt another fraud and more importantly from that video is like u leave in VGC, that background is VGC pack , be careful so u don turn to another baba suwe

If u don’t get it forget it
Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Segkem2013(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2023
Some bloggers are damn sick.

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by juggernaut35(m): 2:00pm On May 03, 2023
Nice to see him in high spirits.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by GodIsBiafran: 2:00pm On May 03, 2023
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by flexyrule(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2023
Oh Thank God.

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Akinzo2121(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2023
Nice one champ

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by wunmi590(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2023
Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by inoki247: 2:02pm On May 03, 2023
Eyin Blogger Blogger....

For say Politics no dey na Blogging Sahara Reporter go dey du...

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by illicit(m): 2:02pm On May 03, 2023
Thank God for your life sir

1 Like

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2023
This guy with him for dribbling skills

2 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by thedio(m): 2:06pm On May 03, 2023
Wilson Oruma very skillful and talented unfortunately he played the same role with Jj Okocha. I will give him the most under appreciated player in green and white jersey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by OloyeVIII: 2:08pm On May 03, 2023
Who naked, no dey put hand for pocket!
Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Burgerlomo: 2:15pm On May 03, 2023
Thank God that he's perfectly fine 👍

2 Likes

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by Adakintroy: 2:18pm On May 03, 2023
. This bloggers fit destroy people. So this people no De verify anything.

Everyone take a second from now on anything you hear, just step back and do your own verifying.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) by adexchamp(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2023
I don't blame bloggers because they are doing the job that earns them a living. It wasn't started today about the issue of reporting bad news about celebrities whereby making money and enriching their own pockets whereas they don't really care if the person's image is tarnished forever. Moral of the story, if you are a celebrity just try and live a life of privacy and leave your family out of social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution / Victor Anichebe: Stéphane Sessègnon Is Owing Me $10k / Sunday Oliseh Meets With Victor Moses In London.....photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.