Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal (1193 Views)

Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues / Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism / Messi Criticizes Eric Abidal For Saying Barca Players Don't Work Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal by Austinsamekpo(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2018
France international, Eric Abidal has spoken
about his lengthy battle with cancer which left
his former Barcelona teammates demoralized. Eric Abidal Former Barcelona star, Eric Abidal has revealed what
superstar, Lionel Messi told him when he was battling
with cancer. Abida said that Messi told him to stop sharing his
sickness videos as “it breaks his teammates’
heart”. The 38-year-old, who has taken time to talk at length
about his long battle with cancer eventually
underwent surgery and returned to win the
Champions League with the Camp Nou outfit, playing
the entire 90 minutes duration in the final against
Manchester United at Wembley in May, 2011. Speaking about what he had to endure during his
cancer battle, Abidal told Canal+: “It is a pain I will
remember for life. It was unbearable, like an open
knife,” he added. “When the doctor told me I would need an
operation I was happy. It is a suffering that I
wouldn’t wish on anyone. “I was very thin and before a game, I made a video
to send to the players to cheer them up and send
support. “Do you know what Messi told me? Don’t send us
things like that anymore because it hurts us. “I didn’t see it like that, I was trying to encourage
them but they told me they saw me like a corpse and
it left them upset,” he said. Abidal emotionally added: “When Thierry [Henry]
came to see me in hospital, I cried like a child,”
added the France international. “I didn’t want him to see me like that but I did like
that he came to see me.” The entire world was sad when news of Abidal’s
cancer was announced and there was a huge sense
of relief when he made his sensational return to
football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal by Austinsamekpo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
hmmm :ohmmm
Re: What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal by Kirgyakos(m): 5:49pm On Jan 13, 2018
Eric Abidal my player n role model. . .no scandal no shepke shepke. Just like d legendary Javier Zanetti and Philip Lahm.
Re: What Messi Told Me When I Was Battling Cancer - Ex-barcelona Star, Abidal by Austinsamekpo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2018
Kirgyakos:
Eric Abidal my player n role model. . .no scandal no shepke shepke. Just like d legendary Javier Zanetti and Philip Lahm.

(1) (Reply)

Mkhitaryan Endures Miserable Debut As Arsenal Slump At Swansea 3-1 / Video: Tottenham Hotspur 1 –0 Arsenal [Premier League] Highlights 2017/18 / Rashford Suffers Racist Abuse After Missing Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.