Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! (436 Views)

Popular Nigerian Musician CDQ Weds Online Personality Saidaboj / Nigerian Musician, Reminisce Acquires New Lexus Jeep / Do You Know That Bayern Munich Star, David Alaba Dad Was A Nigerian Musician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! by FeelDeMusic: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hi all,

So, I just thought of something that I find super interesting: what, to you, would be a Naija musician/singer's headcannon if you were to portray them in a story? I'm creating this thread mainly because I want to see your thoughts, but also because I'm actually making a fan fiction involving afropop/afrobeats stars, and I have developed several headcannons/depictions of my own. For those unaware, a "fan fiction" is a work of fiction written by fans of a show, movie, book, celebrity, etc etc etc, based off of that form of entertainment.

I'm planning on posting a chapter of my fanfic soon in the Literature section.

I'm going to start with one of my depictions of my favorite African singers--Asa!

Asa is a twenty-year-old college student, going to the Institute of Music for the Unbelievably Gifted and Powerful, an extremely futuristic and luxurious music school located in the middle of Japan, to study Afropop music along with her roommate Yemi Alade, and her nextdoor neighbor Tiwa Savage.
She is a calm, smart, sweet and incredibly wise young woman who is always willing to help those in need. She can often understand and comprehend things that not many people can, and often this can be to her advantage, for instance when determining if someone she has just met is ok to be around or not, or understanding extremely deep philosophical, spiritual, or mentally-challenging subjects without them having to be explained to her a lot. In layman's terms, she's a geek!

Asa's hair is in tuns of long, black dreadlocks that reach to the middle of her back. At the front of her head, there are a few loose kinks of hair framing her face. Her face is round and youthful, and rarely has makeup adorning it, save for some lipstick matching her chocolate-brown skin. She almost always wears aviater glasses. She usually wears modest, simple outfits consisting of black, white, and red, however she can dress more colorfully if she may be going to a party or other special occasion.

In terms of her personality, as mentioned earlier, she is wise, gentle, soft-spoken, sweet and motherly. She is a huge, huge optomist, sometimes to the point where it can get a little irritating for her friends, however she takes this criticism casually and without any harm done. She also is strong, independent and agile, often being praised for her physical strength. In fact, she is praised for almost anything that she does, for she, truly, is wonderful at anything and everything that she tries to do. She is humble when people applaud her, and, at times, this admiration she receives can turn into envy, especially for both Tiwa and Yemi.

Asa is very dedicated to her schoolwork and what she came to the academy to study. In fact, music, to her, is the most important, holy and precious thing, and she believes that without it, she'd perish. and won't even think of missing a due date for any of her assignments. Often, she has to scold her roommate, Yemi, for doing the opposit of her, but Yemi pays no mind to Asa and continues slacking on her work.

You will always find her carrying either her classical guitar or her talking drum/gangan around with her, and playing either of these while she walks. Despite this, she knows where she's going, and it's often hard for her to get lost.

She is very traditional when it comes to her lifestyle, and wants to preserve a lot of the ways of her Yoruba ethnic group. Because of this, she practices Ifa, the traditional Yoruba religion/spiritual system, more often than not out of the company of her friends, since she's afraid that if they found her praying to Obatala or offering Sango a sacred match made from oroko wood, they'd think her crazy or a freak.

Asa also believes that the gangan/talking drum is the most sacred out of all traditional Yoruba musical instruments, even though it's not used in traditional religious functions very often.

She actively and strongly objects to any sort of music that is not deep, meaningful, and that does not talk about serious issues that are going on in the real world or that are personal to her. She does strongly support her friends in their endeavors, though.

Her favorite thing to do is study philosophy, language, and religion, as well as go to a café and write a song or two. She hates crowds and wild parties, and would rather just be alone reading Shakespeare or Socrates.

Oh, and she's also secretly the daughter of the goddess Osun and does not want anyone to know, which explains her pride and preservation of most of her traditional values and culture.

And that's it!

I hope you enjoyed that, and please forgive me for making this post way too long! (hahahaha)
Re: Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! by FeelDeMusic: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2018
Ok, next one!

Yemi Alade is a twenty-one-year-old college student going to the Institute of Music for the Unbelievably Gifted and Powerful, along with her roommate Asa. Yemi is quirky, childlike, ditsy and very hyper, essentially the opposite of her roommate. She wears her long, curly black hair in a bun or any other such tight, cramped style, along with long, fake lashes, dark brown eyeshadow, black mascara, and red-painted lips. She has large, medium-brown eyes, light brown skin, and is around five-foot six. She generally wears tighter clothing that accentuates her curves, nothing too indecent but it can come close to that.

Personality-wise, Yemi is bubbly and fun to be around, and loves to make friends with anyone. She is curious, adventurous, playful and cute. She loves to show compassion to anyone she meets or who she is friends with, and loves to make people laugh by acting in her own eccentric, Yemiish way.

Despite all this, Yemi isn't all too good at her schoolwork and often misses or refuses to do assignments. Consequently, she relies on Asa to help her get them done, even though Asa also has her own work to do.

Yemi is also not the smartest one of the bunch, and can repeatedly miss or interpret things wrong that she doesn't understand or comprehend. Surprisingly, this includes many adult-oriented references or colloquialisms. For example, when Tiwa asks her, "So, do you think you'll ever get it on with a guy this year?", she replies, "Get it on.... what? Get what on? Do you mean put his clothing on? Oh my god, no! That's disgusting! I'm not touching a guy's naked chest, iwwwww! What kind of person do you think I am, Tiwa? Stop it, stop it!"

In spite of this, Yemi is very much loved amung her group of friends, and gets along with Asa very well.

Yemi's favorite thing to do is go to parties along with Tiwa, however she does not ever want to do any sort of drug or drink, as she feels these kinds of things are "so so bad for you!"
Re: Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! by Fvcknames: 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
Next one!
Re: Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! by Fvcknames: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2022
FeelDeMusic:
Ok, next one!

Yemi Alade is a twenty-one-year-old college student going to the Institute of Music for the Unbelievably Gifted and Powerful, along with her roommate Asa. Yemi is quirky, childlike, ditsy and very hyper, essentially the opposite of her roommate. She wears her long, curly black hair in a bun or any other such tight, cramped style, along with long, fake lashes, dark brown eyeshadow, black mascara, and red-painted lips. She has large, medium-brown eyes, light brown skin, and is around five-foot six. She generally wears tighter clothing that accentuates her curves, nothing too indecent but it can come close to that.

Personality-wise, Yemi is bubbly and fun to be around, and loves to make friends with anyone. She is curious, adventurous, playful and cute. She loves to show compassion to anyone she meets or who she is friends with, and loves to make people laugh by acting in her own eccentric, Yemiish way.

"
I feel like you've watched some of her music videos.
Re: Nigerian Musician/singer Headcannons! by Fvcknames: 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2022
FeelDeMusic:

Asa is a twenty-year-old college student, going to the Institute of Music for the Unbelievably Gifted and Powerful, an extremely futuristic and luxurious music school located in the middle of Japan, to study Afropop music along with her roommate Yemi Alade, and her nextdoor neighbor Tiwa Savage.
She is a calm, smart, sweet and incredibly wise young woman who is always willing to help those in need. She can often understand and comprehend things that not many people can, and often this can be to her advantage, for instance when determining if someone she has just met is ok to be around or not, or understanding extremely deep philosophical, spiritual, or mentally-challenging subjects without them having to be explained to her a lot. In layman's terms, she's a geek!

In terms of her personality, as mentioned earlier, she is wise, gentle, soft-spoken, sweet and motherly. She is a huge, huge optomist, sometimes to the point where it can get a little irritating for her friends, however she takes this criticism casually and without any harm done. She also is strong, independent and agile, often being praised for her physical strength. In fact, she is praised for almost anything that she does, for she, truly, is wonderful at anything and everything that she tries to do. She is humble when people applaud her, and, at times, this admiration she receives can turn into envy, especially for both Tiwa and Yemi.

Asa is very dedicated to her schoolwork and what she came to the academy to study. In fact, music, to her, is the most important, holy and precious thing, and she believes that without it, she'd perish. and won't even think of missing a due date for any of her assignments. Often, she has to scold her roommate, Yemi, for doing the opposit of her, but Yemi pays no mind to Asa and continues slacking on her work.

She actively and strongly objects to any sort of music that is not deep, meaningful, and that does not talk about serious issues that are going on in the real world or that are personal to her. She does strongly support her friends in their endeavors, though.

Her favorite thing to do is study philosophy, language, and religion, as well as go to a café and write a song or two. She hates crowds and wild parties, and would rather just be alone reading Shakespeare or Socrates.

Oh, and she's also secretly the daughter of the goddess Osun and does not want anyone to know, which explains her pride and preservation of most of her traditional values and culture.
While this feels like there's part of you in this.

(1) (Reply)

Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 / Very Funny Photos As Nigerian Senators Doze Off During Plenary Sessions / Jonathan Mcreynolds Reveals “make Room” Album Cover & Track-list

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.