Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M (973 Views)

Davido Names First Celebrity To Ride In His Brand New Rolls Royce (photos) / Davido Becomes 1st Nigerian Celebrity To Get 9 Million Folowers On Instagram / Meet Joseph Jaiyeoba, Biography Of Actor. Is He The Sexiest Nigerian Actor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M by 411Scope: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nigerian born actor Raymond "Raywonda" Samuel, who is also called The Nigerian Wesley Snipes, has taken to his Instagram account to condemn what he called "racial insensitivity" by H&M. He revealed previously unknown details about his childhood and how those series of experiences affected his career choice.

In what was a very sincere and touching post, he had this to say:
"
I remember growing, I was always teased and picked on by my mates and seniors for being so dark and black. I was always upset and dreaded going to school, I felt weird and was mad at God for giving me this color. In those early days the only place outside my home I was appreciated was at the market.

I was always eager to accompany my elder sister to market because the market woman and area boys knew how to raise my spirit. I was called black and shine, hugged and admired by those so-called illiterates who despite their troubles took time to make a little boy feel good about himself. Black and Shine was a lot different from charcoal, blackboard and the other unsavory names I was called at school.

Over time, I learnt to build my confidence and be proud about my color. I discovered I have a bold face that shields my emotion and attracts attraction. This discovery directly or indirectly influenced my decision to pursue a career in entertainment and today, thanks to God, I am doing very well for myself. At this point I would like to condemn the racial insensitivity and discrimination of H&M, a company of that stature should be well advised.

#BlackisBeautiful

Read More Here: https://411scope..com.ng/2018/01/actor-raywonda-reacts-to-h-monkey.html

Re: Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
B
Re: Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M by crazymommy(f): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
am i the only one that don't know this actor?? undecided
Re: Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M by MicheyJ1: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
Too many actors in Nigeria weda known or unknown. Even the ones that do waka pass.
Re: Nigerian Actor Raywonda Becomes First Nigerian Celebrity To Publicly Condemn H&M by goldbim(f): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
Cool...quite unfortunate the mother of the child is not seeing it from this angle of racial insensitivity. ..she is very cool with being indirecty called mummy monkey .

(1) (Reply)

Watch Drake's Reaction After A Female Fan Took Off Her Big Bra & Threw It At Him / How I Tried To Buy Chevron Netherlands When I Was 29 - Paddy Adenuga / Zari Hassan Finally Divorces Diamond Platnumz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.