Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath (1778 Views)

Buratai To Troops: We Are Days Away From Finally Defeating Boko Haram/iswap / Atiku Narrowly Win Benue With Less Than 8000 Vote Margin / Ifeanyi Ejiofor Asks Court To Order Buratai To Produce Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by OKDnigeria: 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2018
By Dr. Perry Brimah

Would it not be a shocker if president Buhari made such call? No, don't hold your breath. It's not happening. Buhari has ordered to police chief to Benue to "keep the peace." Alas, Buhari knows the role of the police when it comes to 'his' Fulani people.

As one who campaigned for Buhari, I am full of regret. I should have sat on the fence like Wole Soyinka and Sheikh Gumi. Perhaps had Buhari not won, the revolution would have happened already and Nigeria would be free from these clueless and callous cabal.

While in this short piece, I am not reversing from my express constitutional-backed position, that the army has NO ROLE in being peace keepers within the state; this being the primary role of the police; I am as you should be too, depressed to confirm that Buhari is a vile and callous tribalist.. When it came to Shia Muslim minorities in Zaria, Buhari defended the deployment of the military to massacre and secretly mass bury 1000 protesting youth. When it came to IPOB pro-Biafrans, Buhari sent the army on operation python dance to massacre and again secretly bury dozens of youth protesters.. But when it came to 'his own' and actually my own too, I myself being a full-fledged Fulani, Buhari knows that it is the duty of police with handcuffs and the ability to prosecute, to be deployed. And this is a case where the implicated Fulani group issued a threat and is accused of perpetrating barbaric massacres and displacing over 50,000 Nigerians.

Again, in this case Buhari is unable to declare these defined terrorists as such and proscribe them, unlike the case of the Shia Muslims he loathes and the Igbos he detests, who he swiftly rushed headlong to label and proscribe.

It is a shame Buhari has proven to all that it was late Tunde Idiagbon of esteemed memory that was to be credited with all the successes of his 80s stint. Buhari has unwritten his legacy. 2019 soon cometh.

Dr. PerryBrimah.com ; the #CabalMustGo revolution can be joined on WhatsApp: +1-929-427-5305 ; Follow @EveryNigerian on twitter.or via Facebook.com/CabalMustGo

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/261874/buhari-orders-buratai-to-benue-with-operation-dragon-fire-d.html

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:14am On Jan 13, 2018
It is not your fault alone sir,It is the fault of the over 15 million people who brought a tribalist and bigot into power.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by nwanza1: 12:17am On Jan 13, 2018
nice piece
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
death to all those supporting this evil including those exonerating Buhari from this evil he did
death to those who supported military invasion on armless ipob but kept quiet over none swift invasion of miles on those killing with impunity
may all of them feel pain of those that lost their loved ones felt in benue in one way or the other
including those trying to shift blame and exonerate fulani herdsmen
may sorrow be their generations portion Amen cry

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by zendy: 12:18am On Jan 13, 2018
Buhari send soldiers against his own kinsmen? Who is kidding anyone? He will send Soldiers against IPOB because he has nothing to lose, they are not his people, wont vote for him, dont like him. So it is easy for him to deploy troops to Igbo land and tag anyone as terrorist even though IPOB never took up arms or killed anyone

But can Buhari deploy troops to Benue to shoot down his own armed kinsmen killing people and declare them terrorists?

It all depends if you are foolish enough to believe

"I belong to everyone and I belong to nobody"

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by yanabasee(m): 12:28am On Jan 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is not your fault alone sir,It is the fault of the over 15 million people who brought a tribalist and bigot into power.

You inclusive.... you voted the clown! Didn't you?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:30am On Jan 13, 2018
yanabasee:

You inclusive.... you voted the clown! Didn't you?
Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 13, 2018
Why is he complaining?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by OKDnigeria: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2018
The only people still standing with buhari are sarrki, NgeneUkwenu, madridguy and the rest of nairaland BMC members. People with conscience who supported him before, have since abandoned him after witnessing his abysmal performance since taking office

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by princestars(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2018
Just watch out for massive arrest of Benue youth who are standing to protect their People.

hmmm...All the Top Security Positions is held by Buhari men for issues like this and Elections
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Oshin56(m): 4:10am On Jan 13, 2018
We go soon shark water
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by obailala(m): 4:31am On Jan 13, 2018
OKDnigeria:

It is a shame Buhari has proven to all that it was late Tunde Idiagbon of esteemed memory that was to be credited with all the successes of his 80s stint. Buhari has unwritten his legacy. 2019 soon cometh.

Sad...

But to whom shall Nigeria go to in 2019?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by cool318(m): 5:23am On Jan 13, 2018
How on earth do you think he will do that when his people are moving about with AK 47
Just watch the video
https://www.nairaland.com/4286379/armed-herdsmen-feeding-cows-farmers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Alejoa(f): 5:25am On Jan 13, 2018
Benue State committed no crime the law, they want it and they have it. Majority have their way and minority have their say......the Achilles heel was the weak and ineffective law enforcement system we have in Nigeria or the Federal control of security that really isn't doing much about the efficiency of our enforcement agencies

With the modus operandi of the Fulani Militias, they can have their ways almost anywhere in Nigeria..... Our security architecture is poo..... Any country that does not have biometric data of ALL its citizens in its database is not serious or ready to provide any meaningful protection or security for its citizenry. What you will get is attack and reactions like we always have

Nigeria left things too late..... Lack of education means Herdsmen does not have common values with the rest of Nigerian. The roam in the wild and experience unimaginable things that has toughen then and remove any spec of human kindness. They live like wild animals for too long despite the civilization going on in the towns and villages.......as pasturalist they just keep roam the bush.

Our lack of vision in Nigeria too has left their occupation so lucrative for generations that we don't have anything to persuade them to leave what they are doing for a 'better' communal or ranching life style. Imagine if with our education and enlightenment, we have set up ranches and made success out of it and drive down the price of cattle or even build a virile export industry around it..... Fulanis would have embrace the improved method of doing things. Boycotting Fulani beef will be a difficult thing cos we rarely agree on anything in Nigeria but imagine a glut in their cattle market.... That can help us to get them to listen to the cry of the civilized populace.

Sadly Nigeria is a forced conjecture and we are not about to agree to forge ahead together..... Leadership is a sham, Buhari kids are citizen of the world, Visa for a common Nigeria youth is a prayer point..... We are not about to build a nation. Not just yet!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by frankyychiji(f): 5:59am On Jan 13, 2018
Genuine restructuring or outright disintegration is the only way out for this "shitthole", otherwise we are only running around in circles and postponing the doomsday.

The fulanis will kill and kill and kill again and nothing will happen!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by mysteriousman(m): 6:26am On Jan 13, 2018
I weep for my country, how difficult is it to do the right thing
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by anibirelawal(m): 6:43am On Jan 13, 2018
Wailers thread.... am walking away from the troubles on nairaland.
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by alexlife(m): 6:57am On Jan 13, 2018
like telling me DPO wey send him guyz to block road in name of check point and they rake in money for am go come go arrest them. Guy e no possible..

Me reboot my phone when I see the headline. I Been felt, E don dhe kolo again
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by potterdon: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2018
Operation dragon breath,lighting twerk,aboki hugs, buhari listens.what I know Is that the fulani herdsmen are still gonna remain and continue their killings grin as long as their oga at the top remains at the top grin
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by quisera(m): 11:31am On Jan 13, 2018
Front page please.
Re: Buhari Sends Buratai To Benue With Operation Dragon Fire: Don't Hold Your Breath by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2018
Mr president is a great hypocrite.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Will Be President 2019 / HAPPENING NOW: Condolence Visit By The National Chairman Of PDP, Prince Secondus / Would You Like This Type Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.