Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,471 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 (1049 Views)

Can Anybody Install Zpanel Cp On Centos Linux Vps? / Shop Admin [www.spamming-bank.ru] Selling : Smtp, Mailer, Rdp, Cpanel, Webmail / Licensed Centos Or Redhat Webserver Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by rojad(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2010
I urgently needed cpanel installer for my centOS 5 server. I am carrying out a feasibility study of running web hosting server in nigeria using alternate power supply.

I searched through the vendors at Computer village in Lagos, they do not know what i am talking about. I have tried downloading the demo from cpanel, but it failed because of poor internet bandwidth that is associated with internet connection in Nigeria.

Need solution urgently

Re: Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by DualCore1: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2010
You have to "wget" everything from cPanel's server.
You also need a valid license for cpanel to work. You can get a 15-day trial license from cPanel for the test.
If your internet connection cannot download cPanel unto your server then how do you intend to use that connection to serve sites?

Nice move though and I have a few questions.
I'll ask 'em as i remember them.
First, did you get a unique IP address for the server?

Wait o, is this not the Rojad of that other thread tht we were "fighting" on? grin

Give me answers bro, this could be a step to the first Datacenter in 9ja!
Re: Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by rojad(m): 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
Well yes, this is the rojad you have being fighting in the past.

I am not trying to host on a remote server. I have built my own server with CentOS installed. I am carrying out experiment on how economical it will be to run web server from Nigeria with alternate power supply(ie without PHCN).

The main aim is to find out which is more economical, remote dedicated server or hosting it myself in Nigeria. I have being battling with downloading the cpanel demo till I became tired with all the internet connection at my disposal. (MTN Fastlink, starcomms, multilinks, visafone and direct on pc through a cafe when nobody was browsing)

I have done the following:
1. I have installed CentOS as required
2. From the command line I was able to access my server using the root login
3. In the command line I entered the following command

cd /home

and in the home directory I typed

wget -N http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest

It was never successful that was why I started looking for an alternative source for cpanel demo installer.
Re: Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by DualCore1: 4:46am On Apr 12, 2010
There's no alternative that i know of. You still havn't answer my questions.

As per this thing being economical, the 4 big set-backs are power, internet connection, hardware and technical know-how.
If i have a server in Nigeria I wont sleep well cuz I will have to be pinging it everytime to make sure its still online.

Some datacenters give you good prices. You may also want to think of collocation too. I don't have a problem with server prices, what I have a problem with is the cost of running licenses for software like cPanel. In some cases the cost of a cPanel license is almost same with the cost for the server's lease.
Re: Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by rojad(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
Sorry for not answering your question. The server has a unique ip, it has a dedicated internet connection. However the bandwidth cannot be compared to what we have outside the country since bandwidth is very expensive.

I actually understand the challenges in running my own server in Nigeria, I just want to see whether it will work out. If it fails, I will drop the whole idea and continue with my dedicated server. The driving force is that I would like to buy 2 dedicated servers: One for Linux and the other one for Windows. I currently have a Linux dedicated server.

I have also checked Directadmin, but I don't think Nigerian customers would like it. I don't like it myself.

The major aim of my experiment is to check the reliability of solar power in web hosting. If it works I know that the next challenge will be bandwidth from a reliable ISP.

I am not actually afraid of the technical side because I have already mastered it. The only problem I forsee is how to get other technicians that understand how to run web servers since it is not a one man's job.
Re: Needs Cpanel Installer For Centos 5 by DualCore1: 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2010
Ok, nice.

I cannot recommend directadmin to anyone who's going into public hosting for the following reasons:

It doesnt have robust functionalities.
Clients won't like it as most of them are used to cPanel
For the sake of account transfers, it is best to stick with cPanel. Although I have migrated DirectAdmin account to Cpanel some time last year, I cant remember to well but I think I had to do it via command line scripting.

I don't have any problems with directadmin if it was just me using the server. What I wont go near for public or private use is Plesk.

cPanel may be expensive but its worth it somehow compared to the stress you get with DA.

If you need someone to work with, I could help crash a few of your servers in my free time grin
CentOS is my specialty, installing, hardening e.t.c.

(1) (Reply)

Quiz Time! / How Do I Get People To Register And Actively Participate On My Forum? / How Much Will You Pay For Article Writing And Submission Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.